Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

10 reasons to buy a GoPro.

Poster: A snowHead
Deleted

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 30-12-11 0:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cracking snaps. Have you post processed at all?

I assume that's 5mp?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah 5mp.
Only processing was White Balance correction. Every cam throws a huge fit with so much white in a scene.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Presumably you just set it to take stills at regular intervals at the top of the run?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snapzzz, or one way to look like an idiot with a stick (or teletubbie if you prefer). Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mounta1nGoat wrote:
Snapzzz, or one way to look like an idiot with a stick (or teletubbie if you prefer). Toofy Grin

There's always one that has to pull someone down.
Personally I think they are great pics that (alone) there was no other way to achieve.
I don't care what people like you think, I'm skiing for me and not to look cool to the likes of you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There there, Snapzzz, don't let the nasty man/girl spoil your fun. Little Angel I think your snaps are very nice. Have you got any pics not pointing back up your pole? I imagine it should be possible to get some pretty good action pics of you skiiing from apparently impossibly close.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snapzzz, where were you skiing ?

I've seen some great videos from the gopro but didn't know the photos were quite so good although I knew they could be set to take a snap every 10 seconds or so. BTW, one of your boot clips is undone in number 10. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snapzzz, Nice shots. How did you mount it on he pole?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snapzzz, I try my best Twisted Evil Toofy Grin
I've seen some pretty neat videos from GoPro's, you seem to have some decent ideas for shots, good luck with yours!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just a personal thing but the only one I really like, and for the novelty value, is the one in the gondy.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Circusthing wrote:
Snapzzz, Nice shots. How did you mount it on he pole?

You can buy a handle bar mount for bikes, i simply used that.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Feast wrote:
Presumably you just set it to take stills at regular intervals at the top of the run?

Yes, every five secs.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moffatross wrote:
Snapzzz, where were you skiing ?

I've seen some great videos from the gopro but didn't know the photos were quite so good although I knew they could be set to take a snap every 10 seconds or so. BTW, one of your boot clips is undone in number 10. wink

Im out in ADH at the mo, i noticed the boot clip too!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snapzzz, Thanks for that. I've just had a look at it. Does it Clamp directly onto the pole or do you need a shim or anything to fatten the pole?
snow report
beats watching videos of people taking a couple of mintues to put their gloves on before any skiing.

Personally with boom cam, i'd not want to see the boom.
snow report
Circusthing wrote:
Snapzzz, Thanks for that. I've just had a look at it. Does it Clamp directly onto the pole or do you need a shim or anything to fatten the pole?

You do need to fatten it out a little. I used black Self amalgamating tape and just wound it around the pole at the end a few times. The tape stays put and adds no weight to the pole once the bracket is removed.
PVC tape would work as well but wouldn't last longer than a few days due to the wet.
snow report
the expression on that birds face in the gondola says it all...

"why are all blokes such dorks?" Laughing
snow conditions
red 27 wrote:
the expression on that birds face in the gondola says it all...

"why are all blokes such dorks?" Laughing

I think it is possible to waste a lot of time faffing about with cameras, videos, gps etc when you should be enjoying yourself. At the same time, if it makes you happy...
latest report
This is the camera for Billy no Mates.

One is reminded of The Beat's 'Mirror in the Bathroom'

Surely it will end badly when the would be Narcissus catches an edge while photographing their own good-stylee and hoists themselves on their own GoPetard
snow conditions
part of me feels these cameras ARE a bit dorky, the GoPro looks like a small toaster on your head and the others are still a bit bulky to look nice but also I think that it will be nice for me to look through old video of my middle age on my ancient ipad 6 when I'm in the nursing home with useless legs. So for this reason santa brought me a Drift HD, but thats another story (thread!).
ski holidays
Snapzzz, Do you work for North Face by chance? Toofy Grin Good pics- how you like the Blackeyes?
snow conditions
Great shots, my friend has one and we had a lot of fun with it on the slopes last year. Filming at the higher frame rates you can get some gorgeous looking slo-mo footage.

Also, unless you're an insecure teenager, do you really care what anyone else thinks about the way you look? Laughing
latest report
Call me dumb but ...What pics? where? rolling eyes
latest report
franzClammer, He's deleted them, presumably due to the negative comments from a few grumpy old twunts.
snow report
Booooooooo! Bring back the pics!! Bring back the pics!!
snow report
Snapzzz wrote:
Deleted

Looks like a reason to stick with my Contour! Seriously would like to see the pics!
latest report
Frosty, Me too! Seems a little less "toaster" like than the GoPro. Looking forward to testing out week after next....

Not sure if I'll post the results here though....! wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
God, there are some right nasty types on here. Amazing what the anonymity of the internet brings out of people. Or maybe they are like that in real life... Quite sad.

Great pics mate (before you pulled them)
snow report
Why were they pulled?
ski holidays
Nick-o wrote:
Why were they pulled?

They were embarrasingly awful. Everyone was ashamed, but only a few were brave enough to say something [/removing tongue from cheek]

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
If anyone is extra interested just Google search "snapzzz 10 reasons".
latest report
Actually thought they were wicked piccys.....Dont see why peeps feel the need to take the p*ss really, just keep quiet if you dont like what the mans doing!!
snow conditions
Markoncarp wrote:
God, there are some right nasty types on here. Amazing what the anonymity of the internet brings out of people. Or maybe they are like that in real life... Quite sad.

My thoughts exactly, which is why my post count is quite low on this site.

As for the pics, well i like them and thats all that counts. I spend my holiday (one a year) enjoying myself and not trying to impress anyone with how cool i think i look on the slopes.
I generally ski alone (billy no mates ?) as my wife and daughter are not at the same level as me. and therefore shoot my own snaps. Its not vanity, its a record of my holiday which cost me a lot of money and i would like photos to help bring back those memories in the summer months.
The go pro is ideal for me and i thought it might be of interest to anyone considering buying one, which is what most 'friendly' forums are all about....

I'll get my coat and close the door on the way out.
snow report
Alans deep bath wrote:
If anyone is extra interested just Google search "snapzzz 10 reasons".

Those people on J2Ski seem so friendly and positive. It would be nice to see that here from time to time. Shocked
snow report
From what I can tell, this thread is a precise 3-way split between people praising your photos, people asking you for tidbits of technical detail, and people aimlessly horsing around.
ski holidays
paulio wrote:
From what I can tell, this thread is a precise 3-way split between people praising your photos, people asking you for tidbits of technical detail, and people aimlessly horsing around.

Curiously, I fit into all three catagories in this thread.

Having just bough a GoPro 2, I am genuinely intrested in a technical discussion.
snow report
Snapzzz, I liked 'em. You got decent exposure without blowing out many of the highlights, which is quite tricky with the GoPro in strong sunlight. One way to get rid of the pole is to use a (very) curved stick and then's it's almost all out of shot. Don't throw away bent poles wink
ski holidays
Snapzzz wrote:
Markoncarp wrote:

My thoughts exactly, which is why my post count is quite low on this site.

As for the pics, well i like them and thats all that counts. I spend my holiday (one a year) enjoying myself and not trying to impress anyone with how cool i think i look on the slopes.
I generally ski alone (billy no mates ?) as my wife and daughter are not at the same level as me. and therefore shoot my own snaps. Its not vanity, its a record of my holiday which cost me a lot of money and i would like photos to help bring back those memories in the summer months.
The go pro is ideal for me and i thought it might be of interest to anyone considering buying one, which is what most 'friendly' forums are all about....

I had a look at the photos on the other site and I can see why you (an others) like them. I rarely take photos at any time so it's not for me, but I like the idea. You should put them back up & ignore the odd bit of micky-taking (most of these people are actually quite nice in real life, it just doesn't always translate on the interweb unfortunately).

Snapzzz wrote:
I'll get my coat and close the door on the way out.

Don't be daft. Stick around. Unlike resistance, persistance is useful.
latest report
I don't really understand the sensitivity on an internet forum?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy