Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Snowboard

Poster: A snowHead
I've wanted a slayblade for a while and found a good deal on a new one from last season but I am having second thoughts as I was looking around at the 2012 boards and I fancy a different direction altogether. I'm now thinking about the Rome Anthem. Sounds more like what I'm looking for. Anyone ever riden an Anthem or Slayblade? What have you got your eyes on for next season?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have an anthem, a regular non SS model from about three years ago, with ordinary camber. i've only riden three boards other than this one, but (wait for it) it's the best board i've ridden. Laughing compared to the Rome Solution, the Palmer (?don't know which) and the hire boards i used before it, great grip and solidity at speed (it goes a lot faster than i do), good pop and generally lively feel. Until this year i didn't rate it as well as the Solution in powder, then i lost 25lbs and it was great - i then noticed i was 15lbs over the 'recommended weight' on the website Embarassed )

if you want a board for blasting round the piste, and hopping off piste whenever it seems like a good board to me, but like i say i've only ridden about four or five boards.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A friend of mine has the 2011 Slayblade - he loves it! He rates it very highly and says it's the best board he has ever ridden.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Slayblade all the way !!!!!, i used to swear by the K2 zeppelin but they are not made anymore, so i bought a slayblade last year (2011 model), stiff good pop all mountain charger
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a brand new zeppelin but never managed to ride as someone offered me crazy money for it, so I sold it. I probably wasn't ready for it at the time. I rode the Agent Rocker and the Slayblade at hemel on s&r free demo sunday a couple of weeks ago. The Slayblade was the nuts but after a few runs on the agent it was great fun and probably better for my riding, so I have one ordered.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agent or Anthem?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a 156 Agent standard camber.

I've got on with it well for my trips this year and found it very forgiving on chopped up piste, it also feels very easy to throw around in moguls. In fresh snow something longer and with a bit of layback would be a bit easier on the thighs.

I did have a go on a 161(iirc) Anthem SS earlier this year. It felt quite a bit stiffer, probably in part due to the extra length, so was rough over chopped up piste but on hard packed/icy piste it gripped much better than my agent.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rogg, agent rocker 157.

It has a stepped sidecut which is meant to ride easy at low speed then grip at high speed carving or just blasting around. Nice flex and pop due to camber under foot and hopefully ride well in pow.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got a K2 Believer - the last cambered ones they made.

Feel like an old git saying this, but I don't buy into the flatline and rocker only thing. Last I heard K2 didn't do cambered boards any more.

Real shame they sunsetted the Zep, though the first Slayblade sounded good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gainz, Agent Rocker or Never Summer SL would be my choice if only had the money to spent on gear this winter.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought a Libtech Skate Banana (still waiting for the fresh to go out and play on it though Sad...
I love them... bouncy, grippy, flexible... and almost malleable!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tom W, thanks for that... but I do only like my rides with a slice of spam on the side.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I didn't get the Agent Rocker in the end because after a few more weeks of research and talking with James at The Good Ride I went for the Yes Big City. Similar to the agent but better at everything except for jibbing (not a priority) as its stiffer so fingers crossed...only 23 days to go!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it true that with rockered boards you can get away with a shorter board? Currently got a Salomon Burner 163 which is past its sell by date and I am looking towards a Burton Custom Flying V 163. I am 88kgs/183cms. Do I go shorter or stay with the 163?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fogliettaz,

I was told that I could go shorter when I got my SL, which is a similar profile to a flying V. I didn't though, figuring that if I can handle 162 cambered then RC should be even easier and when the snow is good I could use the extra float. My fridge tests so confirm that my new board does turn nice and easy. For powder performance I'll have to let you know.
snow report
Snow Hound, Thanks, thats what I thought, the credit card is coming out tomorrow!
latest report
Fogliettaz, it also depends on what you will be using it mostly on ie if you want more off piste and less park then longer or shorter if you want a more playful board.
snow report
Gainz, I'm 55, I think my park days are behind me!
ski holidays
That's weird, totally the opposite to skis then - normally told to go longer for rockered skis. Any idea why?

My snowboarding mate has a flying V and absolutely loves it, if that's any help.
snow report
bobmcstuff, I'm confused as well, still going with a 163 my usual length as I like riding fast on piste and have the float for when off-piste.
ski holidays
bobmcstuff, the more they wobble the better your skills will be...

Fogliettaz, shorter boards work better through trees, make tighter turns and can be easier to initiate. I'm a similar height and weight to you but I would never ride a board over 160, its just not cricket.
latest report
Jones mountain twin all the way for me. Had one last year and I've just picked up the new one for this year. You just can not catch an edge!! and in the pow, well it was designed by the man him self!!
snow report
Just back from 15 days and 3 metres of snow in Ste Foy, the Burton 163 proved to be great and glad I had the extra length, size matters! It turned far easier than the old board and was still very fast. Good investment.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy