Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro Hero HD2

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else having issues? Battery life really poor, rejects a perfectly good 16 gig HD memory card, refuses to turn on up the mountain but doesn't mind in the apartment. Basically, it's going back next week. We've RTFM'd, done everything we are meant to but it's just not playing ball.

On the plus side, like the mounts and the housing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a firmware update http://gopro.com/support/hd-hero2-firmware-update/

Hope that helps
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mine has been all good, only problem is my PC not being up to even playing let alone editing the videos!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
trevski, ditto - some advice here, my son hasn't seen the last message, so fingers crossed that is the one that works - Good luck, if you sort it, perhaps you could let me know how youo managed it?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84084
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, that sounds ominous. What memory card are you using? What sort of battery life? Less than 2 hours?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bode Swiller, some additional advie re cards here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83940&highlight=

though i have found no issues with any of the cards i have. Though it sounds like you may have a problem if you want to extend the battery life turn off the bleeps and most recording led's. if you wanted to try another battery i can send you one to see if that is the issue.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a few problems with mine regarding the SD cards (both Sandisk, 16gb class 4 and a 32gb class 10) when I first inserted the cards the LCD screen said 'SD ERR' all I did was format the cards using the delete all-format mode on the camera its self then it accepted them.

Regarding battery life I have 2 batteries, both the real mccoy one of the batteries seemed the run down quicker but after a few uses and charge cycles they both seem to be holding enough charge for about 2 hours of use.. give or take.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
there is some advice on the gopro user forum about how best to format cards as here have been reports of issues on the original go pro and the new 2. i have only had 1 issue when the camera did not accept a card, a format on the laptop and then again on the camera resolved the issue.

forum link is :- http://goprouser.freeforums.org/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
After my big headed 'no issues' comment, just been getting an SD ERR message that wouldn't clear. Re formatted card as per the comment above but still no luck. Eventually found that by selecting 'delete all/ format' in the go pro's menu cleared the problem. Hopefully not the start of problems to come!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fingers crossed, my GoPro 2 and ScanDisk 32GB class 10 have been fine. Hope it stays that way.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller, My lads has been fine, although I could do with knowing how to edit the vids....Anyone??
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dk100 wrote:
Bode Swiller, My lads has been fine, although I could do with knowing how to edit the vids....Anyone??

what you trying to do specifically?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ansta1, Cut bits out of the video, add music, slow motion etc!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and are you having problems or do you just want advice?

either way, what hardware/software are you using?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ansta1, I do not know which software I should use! Can you recommend a decent one that it easy to use? If it is free that would be a bonus wink
snow report
for very very basic stuff you can use the cineform software that you can download from the gopro website, windows movie maker (if you are pc) or final cut (apple) other than that you are in to paid for and this comes down to how much you want to pay and what features you want. Personally i use video studio pro x3 and pro x4, but i pass proper editing on to people who do proper editing as they understand how to do it.
snow conditions
I'm using Sony Vegas pro 11 at the moment. Taking advantage of a 30 day free trial.

There are loads of tutorial videos on youtube to help you through. Very Happy
ski holidays
Feast, absolutely and I suggested on another thread that people should make use of the free 30 day tiral periods available for most of the software available to see what works.

Basic stuff i can do, proper editting i send to those who know best.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy