Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SnoKart Review: The Black Kart, Airliners & Boot Helmet Backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Purchased this kit a couple of weeks ago, and it's just had it's first outing to La Tania.

The Black Kart is the new range - and replaces the Grey Karts.

I won't go into all the details of how this system works etc., you can find that on their website. But basically it consists of one large ski/board bag and two smaller bags.

www.snokart.com

The various combinations allow you to minimise the cost of bag & ski transport. So with Easyjet, I would strap them all together - thus having only to pay for a "ski bag" at a max of 32kg. But with other airlines, I would split the ski/board bag and have the other two bags strapped together. Thus giving me a max total weight allowance of around 40-46kg for two bags depending on the airline.

As the kit has big handles either end, it can easily be handled by two people. This is important, as the airline will only take luggage that can be only be handled by ONE person up to around 20 to 24kg. But if it can be handled by TWO people, then the max is 32kg.

Plus when you have all three parts strapped together, you can wheel it along, and this is easier than suitcase + ski bag + boot bag etc.

The Boot Helmet Backpack enables you to carry your Boots and Helmet on as cabin luggage - which is useful if you would exceed the weight allowance otherwise. Plus some folks always want to have their boots with them, so at least if the rest of their gear gets lost, they still have their bespoke boots. But note that even if you only have boots in this bag, it will still be bigger than most size allowances for cabin baggage. So take a biggish plastic bag with you, and if you get challenged, stack the boots vertically in the plastic bag, and stick the folded boot bag in their as well - and you will pass the size test! And if you have the helmet with you - just stick that on your head.

The main point I would make about these bags is that they are very, very well made indeed. The fabric is heavy and strong, as are the zips. The design and manufacture has been well thought-out. I also purchased the Airliners for skis and boots - you can use these to move your skis & boots around once you are at your ski location. And it also means you can put clothes in with wet skis and boots. Worth the extra.

The other really big plus, is that you can use a delivery/return service such as www.pisteofmind.com and they will consider all 3 bags strapped together as just ONE bag. And thus I had the SnoKart delivered and returned to La Tania for just £49 with the SnowHeads 10% discount. Amazing. At a pinch, I think you could put two sets of skis/boards and clothing in the SnowKart!

The kit is not cheap; but neither is it crazy expensive. It's good value for the quality. I think it would last years, and is an excellent investment for the keen skier/boarder - especially when you are making multiple trips in a season.

SnoKart also give excellent service - they sent me the Urban Bootbag by mistake initially, but after a quick email they sent an express courier the next day with the correct bag and collected the wrong one.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 28-12-11 21:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PeDaSp, do you know how the Black Kart is different from the Grey Kart? Is it just cosmetic, or are there more significant differences?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I emailed SnoKart about this a few weeks ago. Here is their reply:

"The Black Kart is our state of the art updated version of our signature bag, The Kart. It will be replacing The Kart entirely in the next few days when stock sells out.

We have made many improvements to The Black Kart; e.g.: The base fabric itself is a better quality, more durable and tighter weave construction; the ski / board section is now fully padded on all sides. All straps and strap fixings have been beefed up. The footstand has been improved. The lining is better, etc etc..."

My guess would be that the Black Kart incorporates feedback and what they have learnt from the first model.

I think that the original "Kart" has now sold out - as it's no longer listed on their site.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PeDaSp, thanks, very helpful.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One more question, how heavy is the Kart by itself?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Each of the 3 bags weighs approx 3kg. So that's 9kg in total.

Note that most airlines don't allow one big bag at max 32kg (EasyJet an exception); rather you have two bags, each with a max of around 20-23kg. So often you will find yourself with 40-46kg of total weight allowance. That's enough for even two sets of skis/boards and clothes! That can save you a lot with airlines such as Ryanair where the "sports gear" bag costs £40 each way.

I brought the boot/helmet bag, so that when traveling with EasyJet I can have the SnoKart at 32kg, plus my boots and helmet in the backpack.

If you are taking public transport to the airport, you can strap the bags together; then once at the check-in desk you can unstrap the ski/board bag from the two smaller bags. The two smaller bags are then folded and strapped together.

All this falls apart if you fly SwissAir - they charge you nothing for bags and skis/boards! But again, you must have TWO bags, each with a max of 23kg.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PeDaSp, thanks. Wonder if they do pro discounts?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They gave me a 10% discount because I ordered quite a bit of kit.

I would email them for sure and ask - it's Christmas after all snowHead

...and you are running out of questions Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just kidding - ask away Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PeDaSp, Laughing I've been looking at the Kart for a little while as it is suitable for some of the trips I do, but the cost is a bit much for me so hoping they have a pro discount scheme of some kind. That would probably be the clincher for me. Will get in touch with them when I'm back in the UK.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't forget the that the two standard bags can be used separately or together - so you can use it for regular non-skiing trips as well etc.

Jesus - I sound like a fanboy! It's only a b***y bit of luggage Twisted Evil

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 28-12-11 21:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PeDaSp, Are you just a satisfied user or are you affiliated to them in any way?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes - I am the MD of the Company.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No - just kidding. Not affiliated in anyway.

But I'm the sort of person who does not buy much "stuff", but likes it when I see something that has been well designed and constructed to fulfill a clear need.

If you have ever struggled to a tube-station with a big case, ski bag and boot bag - you will know what I mean.

Plus it gets one-over the airlines - which is always a pleasure.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Would I tell a fib to a SH with 19,535 posts!!
snow conditions
"Christian" from SnoKart posts to SH, and declares his position. Search the forum for "Snokart".
ski holidays
PeDaSp, That's OK, there is nothing wrong with someone genuinely recommending a good bit of kit. I travelled once with a Lokker http://skibag-lokker.deal-net.co.uk/lokker-products and was stunned by the build quality - I don't know if they have capsule system like Snowcart, but I've seldom seen another 'soft' bag which looked as good, build quality wise, for protecting your gear. I took one of their roller ski bags by train from our local branch line, London underground, through the Euro tunnel to paris then the metro and the sleeper to the alps!
ski holidays
Yep - I looked at the Lokker as well. But it's just one big bag, and most airlines want you to have two lighter bags instead. Hence the SnoKart!
snow conditions
Thanks PeDaSp for posting so positively about SnoKart. We make every effort to supply the best and most practically designed bags for snowsport activity, so we're really pleased that you like what we do!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy