Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Searching for Ski/Boarding Buddies - 18th Feb week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowhead Forum

It is the first time I've posted on this so hello to everyone and Merry Boxing Day.

I am desperate to get away ski-ing over the half-term break 18th Febuary/19th February week but cannot seem to secure a group of friends together for a ski holiday and wondered if it were possible to join another group going skiing over these dates or buddy up with a few other people perhaps in a similar situation.

Quite keen on France, somewhere easy like Val Thorens but open to anything as long as it involves some good snow and good skiing.

Please get in touch

Jenny
28 year old female
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jenny,
I've sent you a PM as in a similar situation!
Thanks
Mel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Jenny,

I'm in a similar position.

I'll be in France for most of January then I'm heading over towards Austria and centred around Innsbruck for transfers. I was thinking about Ischgl, Austria, which is supposed to be one of the top Austrian resorts...

Ryan - 30, Male, Snowboarder.

littlemissskier,

littlemissskier wrote:
Dear Snowhead Forum

It is the first time I've posted on this so hello to everyone and Merry Boxing Day.

I am desperate to get away ski-ing over the half-term break 18th Febuary/19th February week but cannot seem to secure a group of friends together for a ski holiday and wondered if it were possible to join another group going skiing over these dates or buddy up with a few other people perhaps in a similar situation.

Quite keen on France, somewhere easy like Val Thorens but open to anything as long as it involves some good snow and good skiing.

Please get in touch

Jenny
28 year old female
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi travelingsheltie,
I've sent Jenny a PM as also in a similar position. Maybe we could get a group together
Not fussed on location or dates other than I can't go the first two weeks in Jan & Feb, and the whole of March because of work.
Mel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey Mel and Ryan

Thank you for your reply! Very Happy

I would love to go to Austria but the only problem is you can't really book up a private apartment/chalet you have to book through tour operators who typically charge a lot more than you'd pay for a private apartment.

Val Thorens/French ski resorts have a few private apartments for still fairly cheap considering that week is still classed under half-term in the UK. Its a fairly snow sure resort - as we trekked there from Courcheval last year everyday because there was still snow around compared to Courcheval.

I'd be flying from Scotland and I know there's relatively cost effective ways to get to Val T from either Geneva or Chambery.

I reckon a few of my friends will succumb to the temptation of coming skiing if I booked something up and it would be brilliant to meet new people and get some skiing in.

So let me look into some apartments and I'll get back to you....Let me know what you think of France.

Jenny

Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hiya Jenny,
I really don't mind where I ski, whether it be Austria or France, as long as there is a good selection of runs and Apres ski!!
Keep me posted on anything you find
Thanks
Mel Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello everyone - I managed to find a sofabed to crash on for the 18th Feb week in Morzine, France.

If anyone is able to find a bed somewhere there over that week, please let me know, be great to meet up with some other people!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy