Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gloves need some quidance!!

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at replacing some sweaty cheap gloves bought in a rush last year with some decent ones. Looking to spend up to £70 (maybe slightly more)

Hit me with some suggestions.

I'm a skier so no brightly coloured pipe gloves I'm afraid!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hestra, look around the web and you should find various styles within your budget. Find a pair to try on though as I find I take a size smaller in Hestra gloves than in any other brand.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are you going over or under the jacket sleeve?

That's the question - for me it's gauntlet (ots) all the way.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
temitchell, Aldi have some gauntlets in at £5.99 (?) They seem very good so I picked up a pair. There is even an 80's day glo option wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alright? I got a pair of North Face 'Montana' gloves last year - they were £49.99, breathable, warm and they have a pocket in the back for your lift pass. Skiied in all conditions in them and they've not put a foot wrong.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
temitchell, you will find all you need to know about gloves here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32488

wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
temitchell, Aldi have some gauntlets in at £5.99 (?) They seem very good so I picked up a pair. There is even an 80's day glo option wink

I might well pick up a pair, all the rage in the world cup teams this year I hear
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers guys, off to Ellis Brigham and Snow & Rock to spend some christmas money!! 4 weeks 3 days until the mountains! Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
But Hestra Heli gloves and never buy another pair...

Pretty much every guide/instructor I saw in Val d was wearing them!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another vote for hestra, I have mittens hubby has gloves and they are brilliant, worth every penny, think we paid around £60.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Leki leather slalom look, warm, long, cognitiv, dries overnight.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hestra are superb. TNF Decagon are a really good budget pick. Well, more budget than the Hestras, anyway! Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've not tried my pair out yet, but I bought Minimum_1 Helly Hanson gloves this year and she had been in Kids Hestra's. After a snowdome session she pronounced that it was the first time she had skied in a snow dome with warm hands. I also bought a pair of HH to try next year and will experiment with them with interest given my daughter's report on their performance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have a pair of Marmot gauntlet gloves with a removable inner. They have been bomb proof and although they were expensive (£70) I have had them for probably about 7/8 seasons. There is a bit of wear on one of the thumbs but this has been re-inforced with good old trustworthy Gafa tape. I have a lighter pair of Black Diamonds for Spring ski-ing, but when they eventually fall apart I will probably go for another pair.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RichardJHJ, Sorry to burst your bubble but most ski instructors belong to a ski-pool which supplies gloves to them usually free to gain endorsement, and you see it works.
snow report
LukeRibs wrote:
Alright? I got a pair of North Face 'Montana' gloves last year - they were £49.99, breathable, warm and they have a pocket in the back for your lift pass. Skiied in all conditions in them and they've not put a foot wrong.

I hadn't noticed the lift pass pocket on mine, I'll have to give that a try next month Smile
snow conditions
I'd be a bit wary to put a lift pass in a glove. I've lost a few gloves over the years, but never lost my jacket!
latest report
LukeRibs, Elmer, I thought the pocket on the back of a pair of gloves was to slip a hand-warming packet into not a lift pass.
snow report
Megamum, It is on some but on the North Face Montana the pockets (one on each glove) are definitely advertised as being for lift passes. I had a look at a pair on Boxing day as I was in the market for some new gloves.
latest report
Corky, I though a packet of 3?
ski holidays
got the north face montanas in the end, Ellis Brigham currently have 25% off all north face gear (Bristol do at least) which sealed the decision. Was a close call between the hestra gloves but the discount did it for me. Thanks for all the help!!
latest report
Good decision! Laughing
latest report
temitchell, There is also 25% off all TNF on www.ellis-brigham.com until 1st January. Just bought a pair of the Montana gloves for £37.49 + p&p Very Happy
ski holidays
Phil_D, would love to spend some more on full TNF attire but I'm just going to set about my old salopettes with some duck tape, after a rocky end of season fall last year. Her indoors seems to think money is for other things than skiing!!
ski holidays
temitchell, salomon soft shell gloves. expect to pay around £35. Hestra are too warm, more for girls and the anaemic
latest report
temitchell, Same here! Just ordered some White Rock salopettes recommended on here for £50 so will be interested how I get on with them in a months time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy