Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tricky Transfer question Val Thorens to Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Folks

I need some collective help, because I can’t find a good solution

The problem is that this year due to a turn of events I have ended up with two ski holidays back to back. The first is in Val Thorens with the lads the second is with the wife and little one in Tignes.

So the tricky problem is getting between the two.

The lads disappear to Geneva for a 9 am flight so I can get a lift down to Moutiers for about 6:30 but the earliest train or bus to Bourg Saint Maurice is 10:30 this will get me to Tignes for about 1 pm.

Is there a better solution there must be, as I would quite like to get some extra skiing in if I can........

Any help appreciated Andrew

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 22-12-11 21:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If this is a Saturday, cant you blag your way onto the Eurostar (ex St Pancras) from Moutiers up to Bourg and then get the bus up to Tignes? Sorry no details but timing wise the Eurostar definitely gets in to Moutiers at this time of day before heading on up to BSM
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I presume this is for a Saturday? When I looked just now there was a train from Moutier at 7.11 arriving Bourg St Maurice 7.45.

When are you going? There are some strange exceptions to the normal time-table this year due to works on the line which especially disrupt night trains in January and mid March.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 22-12-11 21:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could be a winner but not sure on my blaging abilities

Moutiers 5:55
BSM 6:41

http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/destinations/direct_services/ski_train/ski_train_timetables.jsp
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball wrote:
I presume this is for a Saturday? When I looked just now there was a train from Moutier at 7.11 arriving Bourg St Maurice 7.45.

When are you going? There are some strange exceptions to the normal time-table this year due to works on the line which especially disrupt night trains in January and mid March.

Thanks

Yes its the 14th Jan so Saturday

I searched this morning and couldn’t find any earlier trains but it’s popped up now...........

just need a bus now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ibisona wrote:
snowball wrote:

Thanks

Yes its the 14th Jan so Saturday

I searched this morning and couldn’t find any earlier trains but it’s popped up now...........

just need a bus now.

Again, I'm sorry I dont have details but there is definitely a connecting bus from BSM bus station (right next to the train station, you cant miss it) from memory it leaves within 30 minutes of the train arriving and used to cost €10 - bargain!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy