Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Transfer Ticket

Poster: A snowHead
Is it cheaper for Geneva Airport - Wengen?

Website is telling me 130CHF, however SBB telling me train ticket is 41CHF one way.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, untick the box that says you own a swiss half fare card and check again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's because it automatically assumes you have a half fare travelcard, if you un tick the box you will find it goes to 82.60 each way

From Geneva or Zurich airport the Swiss Transfer Ticket will definitely be cheaper, I think that is probably the case from Basel as well, from Bern airport it's cheaper to get tickets locally
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ah, ok!

Do you have to buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket in advance?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1, Yep but you can pick it up at the station in Switzerland if you ask really nice like. Saves on the postal charges
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fattes13, well i travel on Sat, so that would be the only option!

Who do i have to ask?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, If you have missed the cut off for postage they normally email you and tell you that they will not be able to get it to you and you will have to collect it.

Failing that reply to the address in the confirmation email and ask for collection at [Insert Airport here] station.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beanie1, you can contact the Swiss Travel Centre http://www.swisstravelsystem.com/index1.php?system=GB&affiliateid=71 who can help you
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try www.swisspasses.com. There's instructions on the website to arrange collection at the airport when you arrive. It's run by a British guy based in Zermatt so no worries about the phone call if like me you're useless with languages and don't want to pay international call rates (the call's are routed through the uk)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fastandicy, Every one at SSB speaks incredible English
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Why doesn't that surprise me Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fattes13 wrote:
fastandicy, Every one at SSB speaks incredible English

Incredible perhaps, understandable not always.

At least not all the ones at the ticket window speaks understandably.

Still, a lot better than in ... Turkey, as a comparison.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You should be able to pick up at the airports now, STC and one of the travel centres at the airports now work together
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
abc, Both GVA and Zur have large comfy TO office type ticket desks in the rail stations. If you arrange collection they normally ask what time to expect you etc and have everything ready to go for you.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fattes13, sorry I was just (mostly) joking.

I've not been prevented from getting what I want or where I wish to go in Switzerland due to language difficulty. There're enough people speaking good English, those few situations were easily managed.
latest report
fastandicy, i tried that website, but it doesn't give me an option to collect from the airport. It just gives me an error message and says there isn't enough time for it to be posted!
ski holidays
Fattes13, the website you posted also doesn't give the option to pick up at the airport.

i'm nervous about buying it, then finding i can't actually use it! Have you recently bought one and requested to pick it up at the airport?
ski holidays
right, second problem is it seems to only allow you to use a UK credit card to buy, which I don't have...
ski holidays
ok, worked it out now...
latest report
ok, scrap the whole plan! delivery charge for overseas CHF30.50 can't be de-selected, which means there's no saving on a normal ticket.

I'll just buy one at the station tomorrow!
snow conditions
beanie1, Didn't post a website? I would always buy straight from SSB
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy