Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Changes to Eurotunnel ticket terms?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just tried to book our return tunnel crossing for August, and noticed what I think is quite a significant change to their ticket types/terms.

Being a tight Yorkshireman i've always booked the cheapest ticket type, safe in the knowledge that when we hit the inevitable traffic problems on our 220 mile drive down to Folkestone we'd have a 2 hour window from our booked departure time in which we could move our crossing to (which we have to make use of more often than not thanks to the A1/M11/M25 !!).

However, i've just noticed on the booking page where you select your crossing time and then ticket type it now clearly states "valid on booked train only" for the 'Standard' ticket. You have to pay extra (£40 extra each way in our case) for a 'Standard Refundable' ticket if you want to "arrive within two hours of your booked departure time".

It's been a few months since I last booked but it definitely wasn't like that back in April. Maybe it's just me, but this feels like yet another example of Eurotunnel / LeShuttle increasing their prices without improving their offering. To cross in August with the 'Standard Refundable' ticket and our 2 dogs they now want £509 !! (and that's avoiding the busiest/most expensive times of the day).

What an utter rip off.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just booked next years skiing with Tesco points and tried to book the Standard Refundable. I had to call Eurotunnel in the end and the guy explained that Tesco points are only valid for the Standard ticket as Eurotunnel can't refund you for a points booking.

I asked him about the restriction to the train as booked and he said, you can still alter the booking on the day of travel if you think you are going to be late via the app. That's fine if there are two of you in the car but a pain if you are on your own.

He said it must be done over an hour before departure as that is the limit to check in at the booths. He said that if you check in a minute late, you will be charged for the next available departure however the website still only has the arriving an hour before departure statement as advice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info re using Tesco vouchers, that just complicates it further then as we normally use those too (but not in the case above).

Just checked for comparison, and P&O for the same journeys want £253 and I have a +/- 4 hour window of arrival.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like using the ferry, but it's half the price and a hell of a lot more flexible. And, given the issues i've seen over the last few years when travelling on Eurotunnel, probably no less reliable now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tesco vouchers devalue this week ( think from the 14th)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gored, not sure of the date, but that was why I made the booking for next year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gored, yes from 14th. I changed £235 into 3 blocks of eurotunnel vouchers yesterday. That'll see me through to March 24
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In the T&C's applicable from March 2023 for Standard tickets it says:
Quote:
• If you arrive within 2 hours of the booked departure time, the booking will be exchanged without charge.
• If you arrive more than 2 hours but no more than 24 hours after the booked departure time, the booking will be exchanged if you pay any difference between the price you paid and the price applicable to the departure for which your booking is exchanged;
• If you arrive more than 24 hours after the booked departure time, your booking will not be exchanged.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Travelled Folkestone to Calais yesterday on on of the specified train tickets. Was able to change the time within our 2 hr price window (16:00 - 18:00) free via the app, and it appeared to be £47 if you wanted outside the window.

The nice people in Pet Reception then put us on a train in the earlier window free of charge.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy