Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain manners in St.Anton....

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from Lech. I think everyone will have a great Christmas out there. It's the first time I've seen so much snow fall in a day. We did our usual trip to St.Anton and I must say how the skiers there last week have no idea of mountain etiquette. It gets worse every year.
Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
always found the mountain etiquette got worse the nearer the opening times for the Krazy Kanguruh & the Mooserwift Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LIAMJ, Like this chappie!
http://youtube.com/v/mYjO1Vvoa5E Laughing

You know what was going on in his brain, but the body was not listening!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that's an old favourite, though. Laughing I'm sure there are well and badly behaved skiers everywhere. I had quite a pleasant experience yesterday - I was skiing carefully down a steep bit of red slope and heard skis far too close behind. Sure enough, a second or so later, something small struck me a glancing blow, shouting "Desolé!". I had had a chance to check balance and didn't fall - he was just a little boy, about 9. I stopped, and looked around, and he was just below me, looking back up, asking me "ca va?". OK, he had been skiing a bit out of control (he wasn't going super fast or even a 9 year old would have knocked me over) but the slope had become suddenly more challenging and he knew he was in the wrong, he apologised, and then politely asked me if I was OK. I was quite impressed - and hoped that a British 9 year old who had done the same thing would behave as well. He had obviously been taught the rules.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That s why St Anton & Lech wil never be linked.

St Anton> Hard Core
Lech > Posers &Pussy's

Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
That s why St Anton & Lech wil never be linked.

St Anton> Hard Core
Lech > Posers &Pussy's

Very Happy

wink

I don't know what happened, but maybe something along the lines of 'no friends on a powder day?'

Not saying you were, but if someone was faffing about, getting in the way, and blocking me from all the incredible pow that's still falling on Austria, I'd be pretty inclined to just push past. That stuff needs to get tracked (and not by someone else!)!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mountain manners in St A has dropped off
Brits in St A have increased
Go figure

ok bye
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
here's another one

http://youtube.com/v/yCOXx5phndM&feature=related

not too funny... really Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="Roy Hockley"]

was worried that film was going to show me for a mom.....on second thoughts Little Angel
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Voice of Treason wrote:
Mountain manners in St A has dropped off
Brits in St A have increased
Go figure

ok bye

Complete cr@p.

Firstly, there is no evidence for either of your assertions.

There have always been a lot of Brits in St Anton, and by always I mean since the early 20th century when Hannes Schneider first taught Brits to ski there. As a proportion of all nationalities the number of Brits has not increased in my experience, and there are many, many Scandinavian, Dutch, German, and Swiss visitors these days. If anything the proportion of Brits is lower than in the past as many Brits seem to prefer places like the Trois Vallées or Val d'Isére.

Bad manners are a problem, and they have been for as long as I've skied there. It's to do with the number of young male visitors drinking too much. Same would apply in any resort I'm afraid, but maybe St Anton attracts a lot more "macho" young men than other. They probably find the skiing too tough so go into the Moos for some liquid courage, and then when they try to ski after a few beers they are a pain.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sah wrote:

Bad manners are a problem, and they have been for as long as I've skied there.

'Nuff said Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rewatching those you tube shots took me back to March and my first trip to St. A. Luckily I wasn't as bad as either of those guys but bad enough to do know that you should only do it the once (i.e. get hammered in the Moose and then try to ski home). I saved all my serious drinking until I got to the bottom and had safely stowed the skis.

BTW I didn't think the skiing manners were any worse than in other resorts in other countries.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

BTW I didn't think the skiing manners were any worse than in other resorts in other countries

+1.....................you cant take a bunch of pi$$ed idiots falling out of the Mooserwirt as representative of a whole region.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A lot of the time its simply to do with the volume of people in resort. I've been lucky enough to ski most of the big US resorts and no problem there what so ever but a lot fewer people on the slopes/resort. I travel a lot to London with work and not a lot of manners going on there, at street level, in comparison to North Yorkshire villages I know but if you put enough rats in a cage eventually there'll all go mad. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Les Deux Alpes defintely has the highest 'Yob' rating of the resorts I've been too, although it was new year.

Excellent manners in Davos
snow conditions
St Anton is full of the lower classes and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.
latest report
East europeans are particulary bad at the moment seem to be pissed by 10am and just can't ski, Soelden last weekend was lethal. I tend to aviod Brit heavy resorts and I know my fellow countrymen on a friday night our on town...and on holiday that must be worse.. Swiss just seem to stand on tables and sing odd songs and then go home.
snow report
My seasonair friends always had beer bottle tops screwed knarly side up on the backs of their skis for lift Qs. I left for France years ago
latest report
Cynic wrote:
My seasonair friends always had beer bottle tops screwed knarly side up on the backs of their skis for lift Qs.

Why?
ski holidays
sah wrote:
Cynic wrote:
My seasonair friends always had beer bottle tops screwed knarly side up on the backs of their skis for lift Qs.

Why?

Stops people sliding on the back of your skis in lift queues.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
sah wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Why?

Stops people sliding on the back of your skis in lift queues.

Hmm. So, bottle tops screwed to your skis is better than a scratched top sheet?

Can't say I've ever seen this, sounds like an urban myth in the making to me.
snow report
Surely it's just to stop people pushing behind you, rather than to protect the top sheet?
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
St Anton is full of the lower classes and should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

Is this true? Always wanted to go there but if its this bad i think i will avoid!!!
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Whitegold wrote:

Is this true? Always wanted to go there but if its this bad i think i will avoid!!!

The key words in that comment are "Whitegold wrote"
snow report
sah, "Can't say I've ever seen this, sounds like an urban myth in the making to me". You haven't seen everything then!
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, no it's not true, he's just a colossal scheming twerp (was going to say Twunt but it's Christmas). It's very international and a tad pricier than the norm and measuring "class" is a difficult exercise. And in any case, if there is such a thing as class, who are the worst behaved? I'd say the more upper you go the worse it gets. Just go do St Anton one day.
snow conditions
Cynic wrote:
sah, "Can't say I've ever seen this, sounds like an urban myth in the making to me". You haven't seen everything then!

No, but I've met plenty of skiers, saissonaires or otherwise, and spent seasons in France, Austria and Canada. So I think I've seen a representative sample. I'm not saying it never happened, but I very much doubt it is something saissonaires "always" do.
latest report
I would not get to hung up on the the Apres Ski last runs in St Anton or anywhere in Austria.

There is a new law being debated about making it illegal to ski on any Piste after offiicial opearting times which would be around 5pm in most places.

Yes and before you say it. It will mean no skiing down (on Pistes) from Mooosewirt or KK after 5pm !!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton, they've been threatening that law since I first went there in 1992! Don't hold your breath:)
latest report
I think I am right in saying that more beer is drunk in the Mooserwirt in 6 months that any other bar in Austria, so there are bound to be some casualties,.Drinking, singing, dancing and enjoying oneself at the Mooserwirt is part of the rich tapestryof life's experiences and in my book a session at the Mooserwirt (if you can get a drink), is not to be missed. I don't remember at any point the atmosphere getting ugly which is the most important thing. As far as etiquette goes St Anton is no different from anywhere else except Gstaad (where everyone is over 70 Toofy Grin !)
latest report
Came across the worst snowboarder ever today a total danger to herself and all around her ........
and she was Dutch
The UK does not have the monopoly of dickheads on the piste!
latest report
Nowhere, on earth, can have less manners on the piste than in Andorra. I've never skiied anywhere that I looked over my shoulder on every turn.

I do think there's a certain amount of white van man syndrome - just get into a Transit and you suddenly turn into White Van Man, shouting abuse at other motorists, cutting people up, just because you are in a big white van. Like you're expected to, so you just do. Perhaps this creates a yob culture in certain resorts...
ski holidays
sah wrote:
stanton, they've been threatening that law since I first went there in 1992! Don't hold your breath:)

This time it is not a threat. It is Real !!
ski holidays
stanton, Once went into KK said "I can smell rain", everyone said dangly bits, came out all the snow had been washed away had to walk back in mud. Presume walking allowed?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy