Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dragon APX -reviews?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have these? Thoughts?

http://www.dragonalliance.com/en-us/snow-goggles#global/all/group/apx

Anyone had the chance to compare with SMITH I/0's?

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First post - I am looking for the same info myself!

I have tried them on and they are absolutely massive and my face is medium/large I would say, the are so big imo that I decided on looking at the APXS (smaller version) instead.

I have a pic that I found online that has them sitting near each other for comparison.

Also, whilst I was at the store trying them on (they fit perfect) I asked the salesman there to take off the lense. It was probably down to his inexperience but he looked like he was fighting the thing. The first thing that came to mind was how long would the lenses last with that brutal punishment, especially the anti-fogging treatment on the inside. There is a video of a guy changing the lenses on YouTube, even he looks like he is straining a bit.

I personaly am deciding on either the APXS, I/O or the Airbrakes. I am leaning to the APXS simply because of how good they look but I think the Airbrakes lense change system is much much better, they just dont fit me as well.

However, I have never owened a pair of goggles and this will be my first buy - going on that 15/18km sled run in Grindelwald on the 27th Jan with some mates so wanted some eye protection for then.

K
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got the DX and as far as they go, lens change is pretty simple. The first time was a bit niggly due to not knowing what I was doing/am I going to break the damn thing type scenario.

As far as their anti-fogging goes, never had any problems with them whilst the guys around me were struggling.

Be interesting to know the thoughts of anyone with the APXS though, they do look good and would definitely be tempted to pick up a pair for my goggles.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just placed the order - will let you know!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Goggles arrived today (APXS) but I'm at work and will give a little review when I get in NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice, I'm tempted to get a pair. Let me know your thoughts.

Did you get a spare lens? Be interested to know how quick they are to change.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well - theres good news and bad news,

Firstly I ordered them online from Shadestation last week Thursday for £131.75 inc next day delivery. The website said they were in stock, they werent so I had to wait for them to get them. Luckily they arrived today and I travel on Friday.

Bad news is they only went and sent me the APX version and not the APXs - Infact its the exact same ones pictured at the top of this thread with the orange logo, very hard to find. They came with the Red Ionised lense (pictured above) for sunny conditions and Blue/yellow Ionised replacement lense for cloudy/night conditions.

Too late for me to send them back and plus the APXs in the same colour and lense combo are still showing as out of stock on their website. Anyways, I'm around 6'1" and have a fairly medium/large-ish face and these things literally are massive. When I have them on the upper part nearly covers my whole forhead.

They do look awesome tho even though I would have preferred the APXs because these things are slightly on the rediculous side with regards to size. I'm talking fighter pilot visor kind of size without the helmet (being an aerospace engineer I really want a helmet to wear these with on test flights lol)

I managed to change the lense in under 20 seconds, there is actually a procedure for it despite the youtubve video of the guy who looks like his is trying to tear it apart. My initial fear was that I would inevitably end up touching the anti-fog treatment on the inside during lense changes but it was rather simple to change the lense whilst just gripping the edges.

In summary, I have read up on these goggles for ages and this lense combo does seem to be the best. There is a 'Knightrider' version which comes with 3 lenses, Blue ionised, Pink and Eclipse I believe for £155 ish on Shadestation (although I wouldnt use them if you are travelling soonish, sorry Shadestation)

IMHO unless you have a large face get the APXS.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Funnily enough I used Shadestation for my DX's and they also showed in stock but said I had to wait 7-10 days. They did come after 3 days though with some sweets which was nice.

When changing my lens I put my hand inside the microfibre bag that came with the goggles and that seemed to do the trick.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hi i am thinking about going for the dragon APXS but i am not sure wether the nike fade goggles are better could you hlp me out?
thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tomrw981 wrote:
hi i am thinking about going for the dragon APXS but i am not sure wether the nike fade goggles are better could you hlp me out?
thanks

I think Dragon make Nike goggles.

I would try them.... I looked at the APX but they had a smaller field of view that framed Dragon goggles.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy