Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gressoney/Champoluc food shopping

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're considering an extended trip to the Monterosa. We like to eat in occasionally (looking at self-catered places). I can't find much information about supermarkets or grocers. Are there any? We were most interested in Gressoney La Trinite and I find mention of a little grocer and even a picture but it's tiny. There's also apparently one at Stafal in the Hotel Nordend but I imagine it's also tiny seeing as there is also a guide's office and the hotel itself in the same building. Where do locals shop for a week's worth of food? Catching the bus down to Pont Saint Martin seems like a long trip just to do some food shopping. Everywhere we've previously stayed in Austria and Switzerland has had decent sized supermarkets (Migros, Coop, Spar, etc) with plenty of choice.

We'd also consider Champoluc if it has a lot more facilities, however La Trinite would be fine for us as long as we can eat in frequently. So if you've got tips for food shopping in Champoluc they're welcome too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have booked to stay 3 days Gressoney La Trinite in January and expect there will be a few restaurants around. I would have thought there will be some shopping facilities around as the local will have to eat too. Monterosa is a sizeable domain but it is shared with Champoluc, which is physically in a separate valley accessible only by skiing or driving a long way, and I did notice from Google La Trinite is quite small and spread around 12 km in the valley.

According to this site the place looks pretty much normal and well populated.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 21-12-11 8:51; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Legion, Never had to shop in Gressoney.

Champoluc has a decent supermarket, at least 2 butchers, a couple of wine shops, etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is a little supermarket in Gressoney. Seemed to be pretty well stocked when I was last there. Can't remember exactly where it was, sort of down a little back street, but you can park right outside it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The little store in Gressoney La Trinite is apparently called Alimentari Welf. Is that the one you mean, sah? I also found reference to a Minimarkt Laurent in Gressoney St Jean, next to a popular bar called the Flying Brasserie. The minimarkt might be a bit bigger than the one in La Trinite. St Jean seems to only be 10min by bus from La Trinite, so it's doable to stay in La Trinite and shop in St Jean.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The small supermarket I'm thinking of is in St Jean. From the map I think it is indeed Minimarkt Laurent. Compared to the shops in Trinite this place is huge Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Minimarkt Laurent can be seen by Google map (Street view) in St Jean.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're driving, try the massive Carrefour in Aosta on your way past. It'll be cheaper.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy