Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski holiday with 2 & 4 year olds, where and with whom?

Poster: A snowHead
Currently on the hunt for a resort and operator good for a family to go skiing in March.

I have looked into various options and they all seem really expensive. The best value we have found so far is to Puy st Vincent with Snowbizz. We are going to need at least morning childcare for the 2 year old and we would like our 4 year old to have lessons as she has expressed an interest. We then want to be able to do things as a family in the afternoons.

Obviously cost is a key factor. Alot of the other operators seem to cost so much more than Snowbizz and that is without flights, ski hire, lift passes etc as the price from Snowbizz included all of these.

Could anyone offer any ideas? or shall we just pick up the phone and book with Snowbizz?!

thanks Snowheads
Vanessa
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi
After 4 years with Esprit, our daughter was just 4 in the first trip - she will be 8 in Jan which will be her 5th trip

We have absolutely NO reason not to recommend Esprit - they have been great in small chalet to bigger chalet hotels, in all facets.
But where they excel, every year they have had absolutely brilliant child care - the ones looking after the tiny kiddies are just so trustworthy, and the ones looking after the older kids (4 to 10 years olds ish_ are just soooo trendy but so responsible - we have never had any qualms of handing our daughter over and letting them loose in the mountains.

I understand that some people dont like that sort of thing, but they have honestly been really really good, and we have had wonderful holidays.

The kids love being with other kids, and the adults love being and eating / drinking with similar adults knowing that the kids are really clsoe by and being looked after.

As an example, Esprit put a childcare rep on EVERY floor at night so that there is no way any child can get out, or can be crying without the parents knowing. And no-one can get to the rooms without them knowing.

Hope you find someone who you feel happy taking your kids away with Smile

Have a great Xmas
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As soon as I saw the title I was going to say Snowbizz.

Have been many times with snowbizz, used to go every year with the family.
Know the owners' daughter, who I was erm... friends with during my teenage years! (you'll set me off reminiscing!!)

Owners often kicking around to check everything is okay (called michel and wendy IIRC!) they are very helpful, once went as a big group and moved heaven and earth to make things more convenient for us!

Fully recommended.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plus 1 for Snowbizz.

We've been going with them for five years now and will be out again in January, the kids insist on it being one of the ski-trips every year (they are now 9 and 12). Childcare is v good as is ski instruction by the ESI school. At the age of 4 they got our daughter skiing and on the last day took the whole group up the two man lift for a proper run back down to the resort. The childcarers/nannies are all v good and the kids love the apres-ski entertainment!

The skiing in Puy St Vincent is great, not a huge area but varied and plenty of opportunity for tree skiing. Pricing is good and the resort itself isn't over expensive compared to many places, it's v friendly too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Esprit.

Went last season with our daughter who was 2.5 at the time. We all had a great time.

Booked with them again this year.

good reading here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1311622&highlight=esprit#1311622

and also type in "esprit" into the search and you'll get lots of threads, mostly with happy punters.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Someone else ? wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have tried and can recommend esprit and snowbizz. Snowbizz is very friendly and childcare is fabulous, esprit, everything is well organised, but depending on resort you might need to catch a bus/ walk to lifts, puy really is ski in/out

Also worth looking at is premier beige who are based out of St. Foy as they have a nursery, and self catered and catered chalets depending on your preference
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for Esprit.

Been on a couple of trips with them now, and going with them again in February. Can't fault them - the accommodation might not always be the best, but it is always (in my experience) well located, clean, cosy with good food. But as others have stated it's the staff that make the trip with Esprit, from the child care staff through to Managers, bar staff and waiting staff they have been without question positive, willing to help, friendly etc etc. They must have a cracking HR procedure in place.

I personally wouldn't look any further than Esprit to book my next family ski trip (just for info 7 year old girl and 4 year old boy).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another +1 for Esprit from x4 experiences. Absolutely no fault with the service/quality of the chalets, childcare, children's lessons, food and general helpfulness.

Their La Rosiere chalets to the West of the resort have ski in/out options with the children's lessons run in the immediate vicinity, so no traipsing about. South facing slopes an advantage too IMHO. Some of their flights used to (and may well still do) go into Chambery which also cuts down on the transfer time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep - we are flying to Chambery for our Feb Tignes trip.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
another plus for esprit - never had a bad experience with them

child care always very very good , never had any issues with leaving ours with them - child care always attend & stays for lessons with the little ones too
child minding service at night is always spot on if you used it ( we prefer to keep an eye on our own most of the time )

Once they get a bit more independant - a crystal holiday with whizzclusive ( full on child care ) - is also OK, but not as full on as Esprit. but crystal are
a fair bit cheaper.

sorry dont have any views on the others as have never been with them.

as to resorts
Scheffau - except that they need to go in the bubble to the top for ski shool ( mind you the bubble is fun)
alp Dhuez - lobster pots can be a challenge when they are young
la rosiere - a good choice for the under 6's as its easy to get around, and the skiing was close down the bottom
St anton - challenging for a really young skier - but then there's the hamster wheel ( you dont get on this - you spend hours watching it with hte little ones in tow ) they love it - you get bored after 10 minutes
Flaine - good skiing for all - ( this was crystal though as he was 6 ) - easy to get to the beginners section - highlight of the holiday - watching my normally very reserved wife skiing like an idiot to catch up with a 6 year old who was happily skiing in a straight line down the three tennis courts shouting for her to keep up - had me in fits

Vallandry - another good choise plenty of skiing, and the beginners area was great to

whatever you do have a great time, and remember that sometimes the sledging is more fun that the skiing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We have also used Esprit although some time ago now. Child care was second to none, accommodation and food were OK but the prioirity was the chidren, obviously.

Also used Family Friendly Skiing in La Tania for the last three years. Can't fault this smaller outift, especially their January specials where basically everything is included - transfers, passes, childcare, ski hire etc.

Trying a new provider this time, Ski Famille in Les Gets. Will report back after our return on 14th Jan. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never heard of or used snowbizz but went with esprit for the first time last season was that good we are back in the same location in just over 2 weeks. Very very happy, sure there are cheaper ways to it but we can't really fault the service we got.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski Tyke, will do our best to ensure a good report back to snowHeads !
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ctskifam, I hope so!! Looking forward to it!
snow report
Sparkygirl, here's my trip report from when we went to Courchevel with Esprit last year. Might be of some use.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1762550&highlight=courcheval+courchevel+rocks#1762550
ski holidays
shoogly wrote:
Sparkygirl, here's my trip report from when we went to Courchevel with Esprit last year. Might be of some use.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1762550&highlight=courcheval+courchevel+rocks#1762550

which is exactly where we stayed last season and in a couple of weeks time, locations is faultless. As shoogly says on the trip report it will be a shame when it gets knocked down for luxury chalets. Even though when we were there in Feb the snow wasnt the best i could still literally, and i mean literally, ski in and out of the boot room, which is attached to the ski hire shop, which is attached to hotel, which is above the pool/sauna/jacuzzi complex, which was nice....

You can ski to resort centre in 15 minutes, 1650 in 15 minutes and be in Meribel valley 20-30 mins. The location means that queues out in the morning are non existent. We used to pick the kids up afterr their morning lessons, do a couple of runs then lunch at the courche niege, 1 drag and a 5 minute ski from the hotel.

17 days and counting till we are back there.. Smile
latest report
ansta1, yep, for a family ski holiday, I really don't think you could better the Crystal2000. Only the cost has stopped us returning this year. Now we're going to have to walk to the lifts in Val D'Isere, but hey ho... if that's the only -ve, then there's no -ve. snowHead
snow conditions
shoogly, absolutely. Not cheap but fortunately we only usually do 1 family ski holiday per year and summer holidays tend to be cheaper affairs so consider ourselves lucky that we can stretch to the expense of this trip whilst it is still available.
ski holidays
Also did Esprit in Courchevel last year.. excellent childcare all round.. mine were 3 and 7 at the time.. my only complaint (I live in France so maybe I differ to most here) is why do the kids have to eat at 5pm? They say 5.30pm but it was always at 5pm.. and then the kids are hungry later on.. my kids eat at 7pm at home, and the staff have more than enough time to get the adult dinner ready for 8pm.. also thought the bread rolls were totally crap when you are in France with fresh baguette delivered to your door if you want it! I walked down the hill every evening to get a decent loaf of bread to have with dinner.. food was OK.. great by British standards but our French friends staying with us thought it was pretty average..but overall I couldn't fault the childcare at all..
snow conditions
lemanieg, agree with your comments. I guess they are working to the common denominator in terms of feeding times, and yes bread wasnt typically french standard, which is usually pretty good.
ski holidays
Sparkygirl, can't advise on childcare, but might be worth remembering that it's French school hols till mid March - if you go the following week it'll be quieter.
latest report
We've been with snowbizz - excellent childcare and convenient compact resort and lovely ambience - proper French - quite a long transfer from Turin over twisty mountain pass so watch out for travel sickness! But loved puy and snowbizz. Oh and our eldest skied at age 3 there so no probs - ski school guys were great and snowbizz staff go with the kids too - we couldn't get our kids out of the crèche at the end of the day - they loved every minute!
Also used familyski at ardent in PDS - also very good.
This year we're going with esprit to val d'isere.
I'd say all of these are good for childcare which is most important - makes for a somewhat pricier hols but also great peace of mind!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy