Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ill on holiday?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The worst fear, no not avalanches, getting ill on holiday affecting your skiing!

Sitting here in Courchevel 1650, loads of snow and a dicky stomach (etc). Poor chalet mates must be worried by now for their own health.

As a matter of curiosity, anyone else out here at the moment suffering the same who travelled on Manchester - Chambery on Friday (well, Lyon as it turned out due to the weather) ?

At least they have decent toilets now, no longer the money-in-the pot ones they used to have.

Sorry for such a strange first post, a much more positive trip review will be forthcoming! Got some strength back and went out on some nice wide planks to play in the snow today. Couldn't see a lot but it felt great!

Cheers,
Paul.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul.W, welcome to snowheads - and get well soon. Hopefully a fellow sH will be along who can answer your question. PS I am a firm believer that Immodium is the skier's friend. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul.W, Welcome to SH: If you really are in dire straights, which was always a worry for me when travelling in Africa and parts of Asia, then my doctor advised flour and water to stop the sq**s = "after all it holds wallpaper up" and for nausea water and baking powder -it emulsifies and gently absorbs any nasty stuff which is ejected if and when/if you do have to chuck up. Simply repeat the dose and that's normall enough for most stuff that doesn't need a doctors appointment. Simple but tried and tested. Embarassed Embarassed Oh and keep your fluids and salt levels up too.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 20-12-11 20:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paul.W, I have been told that Cola is good for an upset stomach, not sure why or if any other fizzy drinks are any good. Hope you are better soon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
larry1950, flat coke is indeed one of the best DIY tretaments for an upset stomach, according to the gastro-enterology consultants my wife works with. Its helped me after a few trips in some dodgy parts...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My doctors always recommended flat full sugar lemonade when the kids had dicky tummies when they were younger. Apparently its linked to a fairly good electolyte content.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, agreed - but in fact it's any sugary, relatively isotonic drink which is good; your intestine absorbs water in three different routes biochemically - on its own, with sugar, and with salt. Lemonade/coke exploits the first two, dioralyte all three.
However, if you're not actually vomiting, not really a lot of point as an adult unless absolutely hosing.

Paul.W, welcome to snowHead s (and expert advice on all things from white snow to brown........)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
larry1950, flat lucozade does the same... It also very good for hangovers!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lemonade / coke also tastes OK

Dioralyte tastes &*^%^%&ing foul.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spiky1013 wrote:
larry1950, flat lucozade does the same... It also very good for hangovers!

Lucozade says on the bottle that it isn't to be used to replace fluids lost during diarrhea, by the way.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy