Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How old your salopette?

Poster: A snowHead
My pair of StylFrance salopettes are now entering their 21st year of skiing. Well not just skiing but snow tire changing, chain putting on=ning, walking around ski resorting etc.

Still they were expensive when I bought them, must have been at least 300 FFr.

I see quite a few pairs around the slopes, all seem to be a similar vintage. Seems StylFrance went bust as they sold thousands of pairs the first couple of years of production then sales dropped right off.

Must put them in the wash one of these days.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
About 2 months, yet to be worn.

I've had a bad run of salopettes in the last few years. I had a £30 pair that I 'grew out of' (oops!), then a £50 pair that got ripped 3 times by which time I gave up having them repaired (more oops!). The latest pair cost £30.

I don't think I'd ever spend more than £100 on an item of skiwear, I don't care about longevity, I'd get bored of them and want to replace them every so often anyway.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bored? I have a very nice pair of Goretex Scott ones that I'd be happy to ski with for ever - they fit nicely, and they're in a tasteful dark grey. (TK Maxx special.) I'm looking for a coat about which I will feel the same; been looking for a couple of years, no urgency.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
picked up a pair of Killy "ski jeans" about ten years ago in the sale, down from £160 to £80. Brilliant, dead comfy, still going strong.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt wrote:
picked up a pair of Killy "ski jeans" about ten years ago in the sale, down from £160 to £80. Brilliant, dead comfy, still going strong.

hmmm you should post a photo
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, they can be seen here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=62828&start=200#1523175

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ones I use most often are 6 years old and have had maybe 200 days on the hill... think I paid about £35 for them...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
helly hansen helly tech things, now 12 years old and getting a bit worn........maybe very worn....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've got a pair of SOS dark blue trousers with the slight trim on the leg pocket (mine is red). They must be at least 20 years old and still look smart, keep me warm and dry. They cost an arm and a leg at John Ray's first shop in Bristol (the original Mountain Air, now the Rohan shop). I also have a pair of Berghaus red Goretex trousers (remains of my uniform) dated mid 70s sometime! Pity I'm no longer the svelte wee pixie I was, now more of a fat happy dwarf! Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Given that sallopettes are routinely repaired with duck tape, why don't they make them out of duck tape?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Approx 15 year old Phoenix goretex in black , hard as nails! Unfortunately they are mediums.In the past couple of years my middle age spread has transformed me from a medium to more of a large and they now resemble lycra leggings Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not salopettes, but my Nevica Fartbag must now be 30 plus years old and is still going strong ! Had it's first annual airing of the year last week at Glenshee.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I bought a pair of nice bright orange, technical ski trousers last year. At £250 they were easily the most expensive trousers I've ever bought (previous were tk maxx £40). Well I RIPPED them on the very first ski lift. They now have duct tape on the left legg and I fully intend to still use then for 10 years. Will let you know how I get on.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A pair of Columbia salopettes that I have have seen over 100days on the slopes and probably an equal amount of apres ski nights out. Still going strong albeit with the required duct tape patches around the ankles. They set me back about £40 when I got them. Upgraded last year to a set of Westbeach 'pants' (circa ~£150) which have ghetto hip cargo pockets on them which successfully got caught on a branch on their first outing and now they too sport a healthy amount of duct tape holding them together.

Where would we be without that wonderful tape snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidof,
Quote:

My pair of StylFrance salopettes are now entering their 21st year of skiing

WOW I still have a stylFrance Jacket in the loft from the 80's classic stuff

My lad took my old K2 salopettes /pants for this season (early 90's made in Italy), as he wore out two pairs of his last season, "Born to Ski" print on the back of the K2 pants, hope they survie would hate to loose them Shocked
snow conditions
Degre7 10 years ago for £180 - have been perfect. Did manage to rip a hole in the leg a few years back and have carved up the insides. Plus now too big Toofy Grin

Replaced now with another pair of Degre7, bought as a present about 7 years ago that were too small, until last year.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Still sporting a 5 year old pair of helly hanson's which have seen about 10 weeks on the snow + several sledging days and several indoor sessions.

I always manage to tear mine around the inner ankle with the opposite ski, its a pain really because I do it on the first outing with new pants.
snow conditions
TNF Mountain jacket and trousers got them direct from someone who worked for GORE at a very reasonable price, not really designed for skiing and look a bit dated after 15 years. Very tough and still do an excellent job as they seem almost impossible to wear out. Should be good for another 15 years if I dont care how I look Smile
ski holidays
Um... 1988 here. Peak Performance. Love em.
snow report
only 6 years old for mine, but that's because I bought them for £40 from TKMaxx when I took up the skiing again. Rip Curl goretex boarding pants. Falling apart around the pockets, but apart from that they are Bombproof as they've had a lot of skiing and walking and carrying things and general mis-use.
snow conditions
By my reckoning, 7 ski weeks, so 42 days, over about 4 years or so. Schoeffel somethingorothers that cost €100 and something iirc. Only replaced my old Columbia ones, cos they "must have shrunk in the wash" Wink
latest report
About 10 years old. Nike ACG, bought for 100 euros in St Anton after ripping the previous pair. Not bad, but they could be more waterproof. Still, I plan in using them till they fall apart
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy