Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Locks

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations please .... and online retailers also please
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.snowandrock.com/shop/products/ETIAV.htm . Ski Lock is certainly the buzzword today. I suppose it is especially so now as alot of people will be investing in a nice new pair of skis and the thought of them being swiped makes you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Edmundh009, thanks for that
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're going to Europe, make it a long one. Seems that the resorts (French ones I've been to at least) don't like the idea of helping their customers not getting skis stolen, so it can be pretty tricky finding something suitable to lock them to close by.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In a busy restaurant split your skis with a friend, or even just split them and put them a good distance from each other.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beanie1, problem there with the thief who is sitting waiting for some nice skis to turn up & watching where they get split to.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
try b&q I got a cable lock from them in feb
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If someone wants your skis theyll take them, a thin bit of cable lock is a deterent more than anything

Keep them on your feet as much as poss during day is a good idea too, ski muggings are pretty rare
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Up the mountain, skis are more likely to be pinched by accident, when someone takes similar-looking skis to their own, rather than pre-meditated theft. This has happened two times to friends of mine. They had no choice but to wait until the mountain hut emptied, and then took the last pair remaining, and then traced them back through the hire shop involved.

The only times I've heard of an actual theft was from balconies, chalet ski rooms etc. In either situation a cable-lock is a worthwhile investment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I usually lock the family (5 pairs of) skis using a couple of cable locks. Last season, just as we were returning to our skis after lunch, I saw someone attempting to take my youngest son's skis whilst say to her group "These will be ours – they're yellow". I doubt if the cable locks would deter the professional thieves (not that they would be interested in our low end skis anyway!) but they do stop the casual / accidental lifting of your skis by the gormless / pissed / amateur opportunists. I use Pacsafe cable locks which have a fairly substantial cable thickness of 2.4 mm.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
doogo, A cheaper alternative is to trash the topsheet of your skis........
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski,
That happens fairly swiftly in Italian lift queues anyway Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski, I draw pictures on mine for that very reason.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, Depiction showing "If found turn this way up" perhaps wink Laughing
OOH typo-just fixed!

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 2-09-05 15:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny, More like "Front" & "Back". snowHead
ski holidays
marc gledhill, Just so you can tell the difference-twin tips perhaps Laughing
latest report
Before you buy a retractable ski lock, check the wire can't be lengthened while locked. Unless the skis are locked to a loop on a post, the wire could be extended and your skis could be wiggled out, unless the lock can be fed through your bindings (can't do this on all skis).

That happened to me with a retractable ski lock bought from a good UK ski shop (except I was the one that managed to get my skis out since the lock had broken...).

I had a ski-key in Whistler which was very good. It requires a certain type of ski rack though... I didn't put the lock on one day and some idiot came and locked up my skis, thinking they belonged to his wife...d'oh! rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy