Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Bridge Binding Position

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got a pair of 2010/11 Volkl Bridges and have a query about the binding position. I've seen some previous threads on this but they seem to refer to +/- cm measurement. The markings on the ski are all "+" and show a “Freeride” position at “0”, “Schizo” at “+3” and “Freestyle” (I think) at “+6”.

I am looking to fit the bindings for all mountain skiing with a mix of off-piste and on piste. Generally mixed terrain in Scotland with no ventures in to the park.

I'm assuming that the "Schizo" "+3" is the equivalent of "all mountain" central position but don't want to risk drill holes on an assumption.

Can anyone advise.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mount 'em on the Freeride line.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^^ do what he says! schizo is (unsurprisingly) for the schizo binding! If you're looking for all mountain, go freeride!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a pair of Bridges mounted with Schizos, hated them anywhere forward of centre, usually skied them at centre although occasionally put them back. I'm not sure how much advantage I felt in deeper snow when they were back from centre but they were certainly easier to ski on piste in the centre position. If the markings above relate to the positions I had on my Bridges (09/10) then I would say mount them at +3 assuming that +6 is centre mount as that's the position I found most versatile.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The only reason to mount a ski centre is for freestyle, ie gives you a nice balance riding switch and spinning, if you're not doing this then there's no real reason to move off the freeride line unless you want to make turn initiation slightly easier on piste and then I personally wouldnt go any further foward than 1 cm. It can also give the ski a slightly "twitchy" feel if its not designed for that mounting point, so I'd mount them on the "0" point, not ski centre.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry maybe didn't explain myself well but on my Bridges the furthest forward mounting point was ski centre, I'm saying mount them -3 from centre which sounds to me like it's marked as +3 on these skis, again assuming the markings are the same as on my Bridges. I totally agree don't mount them centre, but on my Bridges the centre mark wasn't ski centre.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the responses.

Lynseyf - Yes, my Understanding is that my +3 (out of 0 to +6) is the same as your -3 from the "centre" of the ski which is the +6 mark. I think I've got it now !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy