Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many weeks skiing have you all had?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Worked it out at 99 days since 1999. Averages out at 8.25 days per year since I first stood on the board... Yet I crave more! MORE! MORE!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spud9 wrote:
219 full days of skiing (it says here).

I am cheered by the fact that I thought I was the only one sad enough to have kept a record (even an out of date one), but a number of you have shown me that I am not alone in this folly. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
About 100 weeks away, plus a lifetime on plastic and in the fridge.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am in the November of my skiing days, starting as an 18yr old on a nominal Jan 1st, over 38 years. Mostly in France, all in the N hemisphere and on this side of the Atlantic

[Geek alert] Without opening my spreadsheet at home I can't tell you the exact number of days [/geek alert]
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Main answer is not enough. First ski holiday 6 years ago and since then a further 11 weeks. Aiming for 3 weeks this year. Cannot get enough. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
100<x<200

. . . now I wish I'd kept one of those slightly sad spreadsheets . . .
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled not enough Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I started when I was 3 years old. My mom keeps saying those first weeks don't count, but they seriously do Wink
I've skied a total of of 31 weeks ! (1, 2 or 3 times a year)
+ the hours on the carpet (i have a feeling this is not the right English word) and the very little indoor slope we went to almost every sunday when i just started.
Conclusion: skiing is AWESOME! x
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Millie10 wrote:
I'm just being nosy and wondering how many weeks you've all had away on snow?

since the start of the season or do you mean all time?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hope to clock up 28 days this season, still got to fit in The Etape de Tour in July and Cowes Week in August.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am another saddo with a computer spreadsheet. My excuse is that I can't remember where all the trips were. First put skis on at Hillend dry slope in Edinburgh summer 1983 when in my 30s. Many trips to Scottish resorts and 20 years of taking school kids to Hillend. First ski trip abroad Easter 88. A friend said it would change our lives - and it did. Just returned from 2 weeks in Meribel (trip number 90) and have booked for Mayrhofen as next trip. In retirement we manage 7 weeks each winter. Its often cheaper to get a cheap package skiing than to stay at home and heat the house. We call it our 'gap life'. We now look to see which resorts give the best pensioner prices but still ski over 60km on a good day. Hope to continue till we get free passes - but they keep putting the qualifying age up!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
About 30 weeks but once a year means that you reach a plateau after about 10 weeks. Probably a bit more stylish now but slower and more cautious.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy