Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many weeks skiing have you all had?

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
How many weeks skiing have you all had?

All? About 30,000 snowheads? Let's say on average 10 weeks each - um so that's be a total of 300,000 weeks skiing/boarding. Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done 2 weeks and can already ski like James Bond wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
76 weeks starting in 1990 but most of it since 2007.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Given the non-working seasons (since i chucked it all in), plus a week to three a year for the other 25 odd years... reckon around the 100-110 or so mark...

Still nowhere near enough though Toofy Grin

Anyone been to Chile for a month in July? Am tied up till end of March but am KEEN.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles, Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've been considering this thread as a bit of a conundrum.... when the question is how many weeks skiing... I mean, I know how many weeks I spent away in the mountains... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry I cant give a straight answer to anyone that asks this question under any circumstances, this goes back to primary school when on an Austrian Holiday and the instructor in charge of the Ski School said, 'Your English, you must know how many WEEKS you skied.... ' . I might have been in primary school but I bet she didn't make that mistake again! Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
8 weeks in the last 5 years or not nearly enough!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Adding up all the bits and pieces I reckon I have done 30 weeks, give or take a day or two. One at school in the 70s, three just after university in the 80s, three in the early 90s and the rest since 2003.

In that time I have skied in Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy, Norway and Vermont. I like them all for different reasons. My ambition is to make it to one of the big Canadian resorts while I am still fit enough to enjoy it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
25 years of skiing, about 30 weeks in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
7 weeks when I was at school. Then a 15 year gap, and 6 times since I started again in 2003. I become more addicted every year, planning 2 trips for this season, time/money permitting I would go a lot more!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

small amount of time though put another way 2 years of my entire life, or 0.04761% of my life,

According to my calcs that makes you 4200 years old - wow and I though I was old.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
25 years of skiing as well and err... lots of weeks. To remember let alone add up all the random days would be tricky living really close to Avon Ski Centre and then in Scotland means most of my ski days have been off the cuff. I did stop skiing and snowboarded for seven years at one point as well. Back on two planks since my early twenties though. Trying to convince myself to leave work and commit to at least a few seasons North and South of skiing full-time at the moment.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My guesstimate would be about 20 weeks, half of it in the last two seasons. Although I probably have only once skied for a week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well I've just worked out that:
I've been skiing for half of my life Very Happy
In that time (27yrs) I have managed half a year (26wks) Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Started in March 2009 - did a 'Learn to ski in a day' course in the fridge at Cas, then had a week in Italy, then this year upped it a notch and did 12 days in Italy, and 6 in NZ (including one day's heli outside Wanaka) - totally bitten, got another two weeks booked in for Feb / March this year!
snow report
4 weeks on the snow, twice in Borovets, once in Courchevel and then Val Thorens. Looking forward to my trip up to Les Arcs in Jan!! Smile

Also, 3 trips to the snow domes and have recently been making weekly(ish) trips to the local dry slope to practice my freestyle skiing. Happily skiing backwards, forwards, sideways and landing on my butt.. Very Happy

Now lets get this Christmas out the way quick so we can all get to the slopes!!
ski holidays
10 full weeks but also a few short trips and random days here and there.
snow report
7 full weeks plus maybe 2 more when you add up weekends in Scotland and random messing around on English hillsides. (The full weeks are mostly within the last 2 years, and largely due to the bad influence of snowHeads Toofy Grin.)
snow conditions
Not enough!
snow conditions
Only 5 weeks. I'm into my 4th winter. First year we went once, then twice a year since.

Off for my 6th week on Friday Very Happy

The OH has skied for years and got me into it, as a result stepJnr has done more weeks than me and he's 10.

We both need to get more flexible jobs, or just pack them in and head for the mountains. Might have to wait until Jnr leaves school though.
ski holidays
I've been skiing for the past 5 years and in that time have squeezed in approx 20 weeks Laughing
snow report
Will touch 100 weeks early in January. Happy
ski holidays
I don't know, but my most impressive feat was to ski what I often claim about 50 weeks in a year. Left for Canada 28th December returned Chritmas ever the next year with teaching stops in NZ and Japan or what I like to call the year of perpetual winter snowHead . I don't actually know how many days I skied but took a couple of weeks off for travel.

Never have and probably will come close to that ever again which saddens me.......
snow report
Grizwald, The Endless Winter, good work!!
snow conditions
Having just consulted my own midgebiker like spreadsheet I've done about 39 weeks since 1988, having had about 2 weeks a year since 1994 Very Happy
snow report
About 58 weeks over the past 25 years, mostly in Soldeu, Andorra, as a freind has an apartment there.
snow conditions
About 25 weeks or more, plus regularly once a week for a year or so at a dry slope, plus a few goes at various other dry slopes, domes etc around the country and one afternoon on Box Hill.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
about 54. in 8 years
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
About 80000000000 weeks I think. Since I was 6, so over the last 22 years, although the vast minority of it has been in the last 4 years.

Sort of +1. Edited Wink
snow report
I'll be on my 13th week in January, a total of 74 days on the planks so far! snowHead
latest report
I've had

Morzine 2006
Les Deux Alpes 2007
Morzine 2008
Killington 2009
Avoriaz 2009
Chatel 2010
Scotland 2011

So 7 weeks in the snow and probabky anither week between chill factor and X-scape.
snow conditions
stevew wrote:
Having just consulted my own midgebiker like spreadsheet I've done about 39 weeks since 1988, having had about 2 weeks a year since 1994 Very Happy

And forgot to mention still rubbish - but love it!
ski holidays
mmmmmm rough guess.... 159 weeks.. Very Happy but not 1113 days! Sad
snow report
About 300 weeks I guess.
snow conditions
22 weeks over 10 years (in January). Hoping to get to 24 by end of season snowHead
latest report
I reckon about 15 weeks in total, and I should ski better than I do, given that amount of time, but 2 of those were taken during 2 one week holidays 20+ years ago, then I had about another 3 weeks getting nowhere, before I finally got to the point of starting to really ski. So probably about 10 weeks proper skiing (and I should still ski better than I do!!).
latest report
I was a late starter 6 years ago, and managed to cram in 12ish weeks snowHead and I am still rubbish!
ski holidays
219 full days of skiing (it says here). So that's the equivalent of 36 6 day weeks. That's spread over 22 years with lots in the early 90s, a long pause, then lots over the last 18 months.
snow report
Seems like i forgot the self deprecating bit, so: "and I'm not as good as I should be" - there that's that out of the way.

I have decided in light of this thread on a goal, it is 100 weeks by end 2015. This will be 4% of my life, until someone corrects my maths or a pedant points out i don't ski for 24hrs a day.

I had better not have jinxed myself by inventing this goal or i shall blame snowHeads and go away to sulk.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 21-12-11 15:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy