Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UPDATED***snowHeads Autumn Competition 2011***22/12***and the winners are...

Poster: A snowHead
Amd here are the Kneissl skis getting dirty last week

Any other pics of the prizes being put to use ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sev112, minimum_2 has been practising with his camera around the garden - I think I have to unload a fair bit off of his memory card for him at the moment, and then he will take it skiing over half term so hopefully he will be able to post up some video footage when we get back - or maybe even whilst we are away Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Still no sign of the sledge I won in the competition..... Crying or Very sad
If it's been sent it's not been received.
Will PM admin again......
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
FraserP, ouchy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FraserP, Im guessing its down to the contributors - as Ive had my prize as have many others
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shimmy Alcott, I simple confirmation or 'any' communication about what's going on would be appreciated. rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still no sledge. Sad
Still no update. In fact no contact what so ever, despite 3 PM's to admin.
Rather disapointing. Sad
Updates have been made to this thread and a PM by Michelle. Thanks for your efforts Michelle.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's a real shame as there were two kids who were looking forward to the fun as well. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FraserP, I would check with your local PO sorting office, it's worth a try even if you have not had a card. I recently sent a parcel to someone and we had both just about given up all hope and as a last resort I rang her local office and they had it and were about to return it to me, the Postie hadn't left a card or if he had it had gone missing. Just an idea based on recent experience. Good luck.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bump:- Admin Did the sledge ever get in the post?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bump - the kids still want to see FraserP, on that sledge - sounds like good news from the EoSB though - fingers crossed for delivery
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum wrote:
Bump - the kids still want to see FraserP, on that sledge - sounds like good news from the EoSB though - fingers crossed for delivery

We'll I managed to speak with the man (Admin) at the EoSB and he assures me that the competition prize that I haven't yet received (the Bobski sledge) does exist!! Shocked

He assured me that he'll send it out to me soon...........

Hopefully I'll get it before next winter.........
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok so it has taken me awhile to get this prize used but finally managed to get it sorted.

Just come back from my Ski Tune and Lesson - what a brilliant day out even if it is a bit of a trek to get down there. So a huge thank you to Jon for the prize.

The technical explanations were very clear and simple when shown with pictures for the less mechanically savy like me. So Jon does one and you get to do the other ski under his watchful eye.

Lower edges checked and a few dings taken out, then polished at just the right angle with the very clever tool.
Flip over the ski onto its edge and tackle the side angles. Jon explained that the edge angles were wrong as probably a french old style machine does that. Shocked So out with a rasp, then a file, then a diamond grind, followed by another lighter diamond grind, finished off with a rubbery thing that i can't remember what it was called.

He also showed me the quick change mounting screws he has which mean you only need one set of bindings that you can switch from one set of skis to another very quickly with just a screwdriver. Saves loads of weight and bulk.

Then Jon fixed some small stone scrapes with what looked like a soldering iron and a strip of 2 different "plastics". Very important to do it right but above my pay grade to try that out.

Then on to the waxing, more explanations of what and how it all works. Who would have thought it was so complicated, if very interesting.
You have to rub it on, then drip it on, then iron it in to get the ski nice and warm and the wax (very special imported from the states) gets right into the base. Then, it seems such a waste, but off you scrape the excess quick brush over with a brass wire brush (the correct way ! There is only one apparently) and a magic brush with some teflon stuff and a brilliant job done.

If I ski in circles it will be very obvious which ski I did. wink

All of this accompanied by interesting conversation and general chat, coffee and a Twix. How can that be topped for a day out ?

Thanks for the prize. I feel I have to help with promotion, so his website is here http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/. I do recommend a visit but he will also handle skis via carrier if it is too far to go. In addition you can even buy his kits and do it all yourselves at home.

Brilliant job done hope the "no proper job" works out.

Thanks too to Michelle, for organising it all. When is the next one I am feeling lucky.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jake43, Glad you enjoyed it, Jon's very good at putting it across, isn't he. Well worth a visit for any other snowHead's reading this and wanting to service their own skis.
snow report
Jake43, How much kit did he manage to sell you as part of your prize? wink
snow report
fatbob wrote:
Jake43, How much kit did he manage to sell you as part of your prize? wink

Well why else would he offer a prize Puzzled

However, full resistance so far but I am weakening.
snow conditions
FraserP also obtained the sledge midsummer this year, we hope to use it this coming winter.
snow conditions
After a week in Hochgurgl on some quite hard piste in January, the Kneissls got their second outing in Verbier in the slush in March - i must admit i found another side to them there, so am eagerly planning January's trip - might give them a go at Hemel in the months ahead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy