Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff - Sunshine / Lake Louise conditons - 2011 / 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Starting a new thread as couldnt' find anything else?

Finally went to Sunshine on Saturday (17th Dec). Coverage on the main slopes was good although the lack of recent snow fall was obvious in terms of the bumps. All of the lifts were running but only some of the terrain up high was open. Limited runs off both Continental divide and Goats eye mainly due to the wind blowing all the snow away. If you were willing to ski in amongst the trees the odd pocket of wind blown powder could be found; in general the main slopes were compacted snow. However this might be out of data by now as they had 20cm on Sunday so things might be looking up.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ahhh. I just started one yesterday- Albertan ski hills.

Things were looking very up on Sunday- a powder day with most people Christmas shopping!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll consolidate into yours Madeye-Smiley Sunday was indeed special - I trusted the forecast and tried to go Nordic skiing on Sunday in Peter Lougheeed and it was quite the experience.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
am sat in room 6940 of the Chateau at lake louise and can report about 20 cm of snow fell on thursday and there is plenty still arround. one side of lake louise was closed today due to winds but all in all good skiing so far (3 days in)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Right am sat on a plane waiting for Manchester airport staff to get things deiced so we can get to Banff for 2 months Happy
Will let you know how the snow is in a couple of days!!!
If anyone else is around then say hello on here...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The famed 'powder' we came for is sadly lacking and both resorts need some fresh snow. Sunny days on the hill and temps are still low so the pistes are in good condition. Sunshine seems to have the better snow at the moment...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Other than scarey how did Delirium Dive look?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It looked bare to me. On Thursday it was shut, but yesterday we were on Goats Eye and saw 3 people on it - think they must have sneaked in...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey there MA, can you stick up a post if it snows in the next week or two. The forecasts suggest there might be a change on the way for about the 18th..........
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
First time I went there wasn't even any ice on it. The second time unfortunatley there was enough snow so I had to do it...never again!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
First day on the hill yesterday. Sunshine had 22cm on Friday and 16 on Saturday, so all in all not too shabby. Snowed lightly all day - maybe 5 to 10 cm at a guess with quite flat light. Generally it was chopped pow on bumps from the last few days, with the occasional polished bump coming through. Ideal day for the first day out on a board!!

Nicest area I found was the trees under the teepee town double. Odd pockets of untracked fresh - was knee to thigh in one secluded corner, but still over bumps. Temperature between minus twelve and minus six.

Sunny day in prospect so lake Louise is calling.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spent weekend at Sunshine too. Didn't ski much on sat as was there for a race, but got out an about on Sunday. great powder, a little windy though!

Had scary glade experience where I lost my ski buddies and the trees just got closer and closer until they were tight and I got off my skis and walked out.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rogg, the shoulder gets the best snow in my experience, awkward run out on a board for the best run though. And TeePee Town is incredibly slow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the tip Alan - will check it out next time.

Spent the day in lake Louise. -27 first thing, which was a bit chilly especially when you add in the wind chill. Going up the first lift I pulled my buff out of my collar and up over the face, whence it promptly froze onto my beard!! Really good snow all round, pretty well groomed and still some untracked snow in the trees, but some lines through the trees had berms like a boarderX course.

Was looking at eagle ridge from the chair working out how to get there - nice big open face with only about ten tracks down it, when four fellas came into view and set off a slide - about twent metres wide, which went for a couple of hundred metres, so I decided against it.

Favourite area was trees and groomers under the ptarmigan quad.

Slightly warmer. Today -18 or so first thing and warming as the day goes, going to Norquay whilst I can see.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Norquay is a really small hill I discovered yesterday. I looked at the map and thought "four lifts - Fernie has five or so, so not too bad". How wrong was I. Anyhoo it was really well groomed so I charged about a bit and after a few hours got quite bored on the same runs. It was really quiet so all fun, but still could have done with some more variety. Trees pretty much clogged with debris/undergrowth so no real chance there.

Off to sunshine today. Due to snow again later.
snow report
rogg, a lot more interesting stuff at Norquay if they have half decent snow and you're willing to poke around. Skiers left underneath the North American chair and skiers far right tend to be quite interesting. Also some more stuff over towards Mystic.

Eagle Ridge between Paradise and Ptarmigan? Best way is to traverse over from Paradise and pick your line (very carefully).
snow report
Apparently I've shrunk. Sunshine reports 27cm of new snow and Ive been thigh deep on piste! That must make me about 75cm high. It was sooooo deep in the trees I'm not even sure how deep it was. Goats eye mountain was unreal - very windy though as it was everywhere really. Relatively warm too, about -5 or so at a guess. Epic day.
ski holidays
It was indeed an awesome Saturday at sunshine. The shoulder had the deepest pow today. More snow possibly tonight and tomorrow but warm with the chance of rain in Banff
snow conditions
Looks like 36cm overnight at sunshine . Similar amounts at lake Louise apparently . Going out shortly Little Angel
snow conditions
Just to echo the above comments - Sunshine on Saturday was possibly the deepest inbounds skiing I've done in 3 years; Louise on Sunday was also very nice although seemed to get tracked out faster. Contemplating taking tomorrow off work.... as major storm system working it's way though. Any snowheads who had chosen this week to be in Banff will be very lucky....
snow report
Hasn't stopped snowing since Saturday!!!!!! Due to snow overnight and maybe tomorrow too. Was deeeeeep today. snowHead
ski holidays
First runs on Goats eye this morning were very good. A solid knee deep and face shots on turns. It was snowing all day and is still dumping!
snow report
Just off to mount norquay as I do every Tuesday. Not usually a powder Mecca but 51cm in 24 hrs! snowHead
ski holidays
Big chair will be unbelievable today.
snow conditions
So today after all the snow that has fallen, and circling the area for a while whilst the ski patrol were bombing, the south shutes on Goats Eye Mountain opened. Was sixth up the boot pack and through the gate. Didn't cross a single track 'till I was well below the Cleavage. :-)Lapped it four or five times, but the word was out and it was tracked out within an hour and a half.
snow conditions
Apparently , sunshine village has recorded its largest snowfall in its 84 year history - 909cm since opening day.
Lake Louise has had her best march since 1956 with 154cm so far
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy