Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
Frosty the Snowman, Could you tell me are you skiing on the new Salomon BBR skis? If so what do you think of them?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skid & slide, Puzzled not my pic or video.

Battered old Fischer RX8s FYI
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowing again now. Yesterdays strong wind has now dropped but with whiteout conditions today. Piste snow is excellent.
La Thuile is in better shape that last Friday, they must have had a bit over the weekend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Roll on 26th Feb...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Winds picked up again, poor vis going to push over to La Thuile, (link depending) I'll let you know how it is over there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Today (Thursday) blue skies and sunshine. On piste has glorious carving conditions. Of piste in La Rosiere crust layer. Of piste in the Col Saint Bernard is beautiful, 30cm of fresh fine light powder and lots of first tracks to be had even by an amateur like me.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just back from La Rosiere after an excellent week. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin The weather was quite varied but the piste bashers did a good job of keeping all the runs open and in excellent condition. As we left on Sat 4th there had been about 10-15cm of fresh, very light power on top of the well consolidated base. The visit to La Thuile was disappointing - althought the weather was great the snow was not as good as in La Ros, however the weather on Thu seemed likely to be dumping in La Thuile. Fri morning had probably been one of the best skiing days I have seen with very low temperatures keeping the snow crisp especially on the pistes, topped off with blue skies and no wind (unlike earlier in the week!). The snowfall in the afternoon added to the magic, skiing from blue skies at the fort down into the clouds of falling snow. The conditions were ideal for testing my BBRs on groomers, crud and powder (I'll post something in the kit area later) and it looks like La Ros will be having a long, fully open season.

On the downside - I lost a chain on the way home... Embarassed Embarassed

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86220

Any help would be appreciated!

Happy Skiing - we're trying to work out if we can fund another trip this year as the conditions are SOOOOO good!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing today about 10cm so far and warmer. Whiteout above 1900m. pistes in good condition. Will try off piste this afternoon.

Resort is busy for La Rosiere but compared to other resorts not at all. Blue run lifts are queuing for up to a minute the rest are ok.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Dwarf Vader, the reports are appreciated, keep 'em coming snowHead I'm out 2nd week of Easter Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Off piste is ok, it's easy to push through the fine snow and feel the crust layer under it.

Cloud dropped to below resort level this afternoon, making it a whiteout at that height, you could not see the chair in front of you on the roches noir. The wind is gusting this afternoon.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't wait. Thanks for the updates. 10 days and counting
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Much snow overnight, still low cloud so don't know if we will get more today.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A Glorious day, warm +3 and blue skies. Therefore the snow conditions are gooood

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looks terrible Dwarf Vader, will you still be there at Easter ?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timberwolf, Yep.

Just a few more shots of what to expect.

Looking to Les Eucherts

A typical Piste

A crowded half term week piste

A massive half term queue

Enjoy
ski holidays
Dwarf Vader, I'll be sure to give you a nod a bit closer to my trip then snowHead
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:
Dwarf Vader, I'll be sure to give you a nod a bit closer to my trip then snowHead

Sure, it will be good to meet.
snow report
Light snow today, cloud coming in and out vis. above 1900mtrs can be as little as 5mtrs at best 50mtrs with the clouds. Getting warm for the week, rain/snow for the end of the week.
snow conditions
Cloud has lifted now so blue skies and sunshine, a bit of snow overnight has refreshed the pistes, it's all good atm.
In fact why am I here when I could be out there............
/door slams shut
latest report
coming on Sunday.
Looks like a very warm week until then.
Not worried about volume of snow, but hope it doesn't get too slushy!
looking forward to it!

thanks for the updates, vertically challenged prince of the dark side
snow report
Over in La Thuile yesterday, conditions not as good as La Rosiere, pistes are hard and the odd patch showing up. Off piste was crusty in the morning and soft in the afternoon.
La Rosiere is firm pistes. Off piste is pretty much tracked outl
A little cloud cover today and warm. Sunshine and warm all week is forcasted.

Watched the big air competition, well worth it.

ski holidays
Spring like conditions, to warm and slushy in the afternoons.
snow conditions
Here now. Great mornings in bright blue skies but slushy by lunchtime. Ok up high until later, though. La Thuile could really use some snow. Pistes ok, but plenty of green coming through. T-shirt skiing in the afternoons almost. Great for the kids. Not too cold, and lower slopes fine until lessons finish at 11.30 or so. Plenty of family sledging etc in the evenings without having to get all balaclava'd up. Would love to see colder weather and another dump, but compared to this time last year, it's fantastic from a family point of view.
snow conditions
STill very warm, spring like conditions. Slopes still very busy, roll on next week. Smile
snow report
Hotter than a snake's @rse in a waggon rut.
snow conditions
Still hot. Bottom of La Thuile better suited to water skiers. Not quite as warm as past few days, and supposed to cool off next week.
Had a great week, though. Have seen one cloud all week.
snow conditions
a few inches over night and still snowing. Much colder as well (via SMS)
snow conditions
Something nice to watch. Big Air in La Rosiere!! 3 March 2012 Toofy Grin

http://www.zapiks.fr/neofever-3-1.html

http://www.skipass.com/news/?action=portfolio&object_id=74346&start_index=0

Enjoy!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
saw that. It was great.

Less cool was the snowboarder that lost his board at the top of the crowd.
It was stopped by some guys foot, having reached terminal velocity through the crowd, just inches from a toddlers head.
Could have been very messy.

glad there's some much needed snowfall.
snow report
Overcast today , low cloud but some snow, conditions on piste good.
latest report
Good, good, good - It's officially one month from today. Hurrah snowHead
ski holidays
It's snowing and snowing good. Very Happy
latest report
They say brevity is the soul of wit
snow report
Just booked for 1st April ..... Chalet Oliver with SkiOlympic ....... any other SHs out there too that week and up for a meet and ski ?????
snow conditions
anyone out in La Ros at the moment? Heading out on the 24th..how's it looking?
latest report
On piste is generally good, getting slushy low down/late afternoon.
La Thuile is suffering.
Cold strong wind is helping to keep the snow temp down, it is due to keep up the rest of the week.
latest report
Come on, keep those conditions going for a couple more weeks Happy
snow report
Great conditions underfoot today upto 15.00 then started to get to soft, lower slopes suffering. High and the Col are great. La Thuile is losing snow by the river load.
ski holidays
Thanks Dwarf Vader,
snow report
Conditions are holding as stated, surprisingly the fontine froide is still open although with a 20metre walk to the life at the bottom and a few very narrow bits to get there.

Cooler conditions this week will help to maintain the pistes.

It is Easter week so the slopes are busy again (for La Rosiere)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy