Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere 2011/12

Poster: A snowHead
From the webcam I can see that the drag lift on the right is open. At least people can practice.

just 2 more sleeps for me Very Happy Very Happy

forecast for next week seems to be no fresh snow though
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redbaron51 wrote:
forecast for next week seems to be no fresh snow though

I think we got enough for now thank you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Rosiere is one of the places I'm looking at - seems it's having a bumper time on the snow front. May have to do a bit of homework on this place..... Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to la Thuile 29th Jan been checking web cam from Planic in Rossiere .... are the snow depths the same in la Thuile as Rossiere looks great
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whats the snow depths like in La Thuile are they about the same as Rossiere ??????
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry dont mean to repeat myself ...first post didnt seem to show ...lol
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jd1960, Up on the Col de Petit St Bernard you'll find lots of snow, the road through the Col is closed from November to June, I've seen snow as high as the 3rd floor windows at the Hospice up on the Col. La Thuile is at a lower altitude 1440 metres to La Rosiere at 1850 metres but in January you won't notice the difference. You can check out the La Thuile webcams from the La Rosiere website.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sun's out Smile

no La Thuile has not had as much as as La Rosiere.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has anybody seen?

Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

No?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 9-01-12 12:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Eve Rest, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More sunshine today and forecasted for the next few days. Good times to be had.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
2 more sleeps.
Whats yours/theirs predictions for the weather next week Vader?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
16 more sleeps till i hit the pistes of La Ros, but only 6 more working days!!!!!

An ideal scenario is it hoofs it down with snow end of next week beginning of following week and then sun again.

Some of my friends are currently in La Ros staying in La Balcons, if you see a very short 50 year old balding snow boarder, say "hello JD" Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tomorrow(Saturday) is poorer with the temps dropping (no bad thing) but the sun should be(generally) lasting into next week.

50Yr old boarder? LA Rosiere is full of them Smile
ski holidays
In the the SundayTimes ski feature yesterday, the Ski Espirit resort manager said that there's so much snow that its possible to ski all the way down to Seez at 800 metres.
snow conditions
After a weekend of driving I got on the slopes again today. I few days of sunshine has given off piste a slight crust layer on it, A lot of lift served off piste has been tracked out but I still saw a few spots that were still clear.

On piste has firmed up now but still great skiing get some edges on your skis and you will be well happy.

As with everywhere else there is a forecasted change Thursday/Friday but up to then it's all bluebird skies.

AS you can see in the following photo LA Rosiere is as busy as ever.

I will slip some run news in here as I got no where else to put it.

Red run Traversette has been given some teeth this season, nice rollers and a few odd cambers makes it a much more interesting run.

Chamois as a run is gone but it is replaced with snowcross des Chamois.

The most interesting find today was a new run, on the far side of the Blaireau a bashed run appeared so had to have a look.

To be met with this sign

View from the top

I gave it a go. My verdict?

OH YES great run, not your usual french motorway, lots of off fallline camber,rollers and sudden drops, just how a adventurous run should be. IT did have red piste poles but it it a step above (in technical style) from any other red in resort. La Rosiere needs more of these types of runs Smile
snow conditions
Can confirm all of the above,link to Italy was closed today so glad I made it over yesterday and with snow forecast tomorrow it will maybe remain closed.Have you been in the igloo yet?
latest report
10cm over night at resort level, still snowing.
ski holidays
Friday afternoon now.
Went out this morning up the Roches Noire. Visibility was dreadful and we took an age coming down the Tetras. Gave up and went hiking instead.
The previous 4 days have been great with superb weather and snow (on-piste). Did my first ever blacks so very happy.
Forecast for tomorrow is a little better, so hoping for a good last day.
ski holidays
How much snow has dumped, coming out a week tomorrow
snow report
Its been snowing all day and may have been snowing last night. I'd say a foot has fallen down in the village today with more coming. Snow depths were impressive before that so you should have excellent on piste skiing if the weather's good.
latest report
NeilMeredith,

Thanks, only 8 sleeps Very Happy
snow conditions
Here's what can happen when the conditions are right in La Rosiere
http://youtube.com/v/i6vwqzIiLhU
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, nice - your tele turns are coming on well! snowHead
snow report
pam w, righto Laughing Laughing tele tubbies if I were involved
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Here's what can happen when the conditions are right in La Rosiere

We must have it very right as I was skiing in knee deep this morning on piste. Off piste was interesting Smile

Snowing hard now, expecting a bucket load over night just in time for transfer day.

Will you save me some for Monday which will be the next time I'm out. Smile
latest report
Weather has broke for now, plenty of snow over night. avi risk 3/4 high. Waist deep powder and the sun is now shining and I got to work Sad

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
6 Days to La Ros and getting just a BIT excited - it looks like the best conditions for at least a couple of years! Very Happy Looking at the Office de Tourisme website it looks like quite a lot of lifts and runs are closed... Sad ... is this because the piste bashers are still catching up with the huge amounts of snow, or is the info on the website just a bit behind the reality?
snow report
TonySmith, they tend to close at night Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing I would be amazed if the La Ros website updates at quite that frequency, however I have just had a look and things appear to be better Cool

http://www.larosiere.net/winter-weather-forecast.html

Remontées : Lift : 37 / 38
Pistes : Ski Run : 71 pistes ouvertes /87 pistes
snow conditions
All bar 1 are open and the ziller park is closed. Firm on Piste, 1 inch crust layer off Piste. Blue skies with the odd cloud. Warm for the time of year.
ski holidays
Afer much badgering, I'm going to try to post a semi-regular English version of the local avalanche forecast here:

http://www.whiteroomchalet.com/tarentaise_avalanche_forecast.htm
snow conditions
couple of inches overnight, much colder and clouding up.
snow conditions
Off piste was knee deep today Smile
ski holidays
How about La Thuile????? was there much of the white stuff over there
ski holidays
I have not made it over for about a week, Next Trip over is on Friday, I'll let you know then.
snow conditions
Arrive Saturday morning in La Ros, tip for those of you skiing for 7 days, order your lift pass online, they are doing a big discount on pass for next week. I ordered mine and got 7 days skiing and carre niege for less than a 6 day pass. You need to upload a passport photo as to get the offer you have to buy the loyalty card at 8 euro, but still works out a good deal.
latest report
Dwarf Vader
Cheers for that kkoing forward to your update
will be there on sunday sporting my snowhead stickers
ski holidays
ooops should have said looking he he
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy