Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend World Cup racing round-up

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saturday's men's downhill at Val Gardena was cancelled due to high winds after 21 starters had skied the course. After Didier Cuche's wind-battered run, at 18, organisers called a half-hour break before sending down forerunners plus three more racers, then stopping it for good... French skiers held first, second and fifth at the time of cancellation, but the results do not count towards the World Cup, as less than 30 racers started.

In today's men's giant slalom, in Alta Badia, Massimiliano Blardone landed a popular win on home turf after a gripping set of second runs rearranged the leaderboard dramatically. The Italian started the second run in sixth, more than a second behind the favourite and first-run winner Ted Ligety (US), and blasted down, leaving Ligety in fourth and the Austrians Hannes Reichelt and Philipp Schoeghofer in second and third. Men's slalom gets under way at Alta Badia tomorrow (Monday).

In Courchevel, in the women's slalom, rescheduled from Saturday to today (Sunday) due to heavy snowfall, Marlies Schild, the World Cup holder and reigning world champion, skied to her second win of the season. Schild beat the runner-up, Tanja Poutiainen (Finland), by an impressive 1.87sec; third and fourth places went to Austrians. The women's giant slalom, which was meant to take place today (Sunday), has reportedly been rescheduled in Flachau.

On Friday, in the men's super-G in Val Gardena, Swiss racer Beat Feuz skied to his first World Cup victory, beating Bode Miller (US) by 0.3sec. The third-placed racer, Kjetil Jansrud, claimed his first non-GS podium place. Feuz said afterwards “I have no idea what happened to me, this is unbelievable.”

Men's downhill cancelled, Val Gardena
Men's slalom, Alta Badia
Women's slalom, Courchevel
Men's super-G, Val Gardena
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy