Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are EasyJet measuring Cabin Baggage More Closely?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For goodness' sake Michelle. Haven't you been reading? alex heney hasn't seen anything to suggest that the 20Kg means anything but all luggage. Isn't that good enough for you?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulio, Embarassed Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulio, I think Michelle probably knows rather better than anything that can be gleaned from reading and attempting to interpret the EJ web pages, which is all I had Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulio wrote:
Just to be clear, the 20kg allowance does not include hand luggage.
Nooooo, far too simple. But I agree, that's how I read it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin wrote:
Let's not get into this again - there was a reeeeally long discussion about it before.

YOU CAN PAY FOR THE SPORTS EQUIPMENT WHICH ADDS 12kg TO YOUR ALLOWANCE OF 20kg = 32kg
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR HOLD BAGGAGE TOO (unless you book another bag into the hold which will not increase your weight allowance).

I have tested this, taking a sports bag of >30kg without booking hold baggage.
The bag was weighted in both directions.
I was not challenged in the UK.
I was challenged in GVA, showed them a print of this (see "Sports equipment – how does it work?") and they agreed that it was fine.

I know others who have done the same.
However, I do not advise you try it without a printed copy of that page since, as we know, there is no guarantee that the staff know the details of what's really allowed.

Great post admin. One question though, do they care what goes in the sports bag, or do they insist it is "sports equipment" only? I ask as my friend wants to take his board, and he generally packs his entire luggage for the week in his board bag (so clothes, etc) which will still easily fit under the 32kg. He doesn't need an extra bag.

Does that mean we can just book him the sports equipment luggage option and not bother with a hold bag for him (£50 return instead of £70)? Or will EasyJet kick up a stink that it's for sports equipment only?

Planning on taking that print out, though I can imagine some jobsworth might point out it only shows a picture of skis and says the bag has to be sports equipment only. Which would be ridiculous of course, they've said 32kg so it shouldn't matter if it's 32kg of this, that or the other.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used EJ for our weekend trip. We flew out of Belfast, ski bag was 32.4kgs - the nice man in Belfast asked me to remove some clothes to get it down to 32kg. Didn't look inside, knew there was clothes in there and was more than happy. All bits taken out, were quickly returned as we brought the bag to oversized luggage. In Geneva, 32kg on the dot. No questions about what was in the bag.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Dublinfella, I assume you just paid the sports equipment price and didn't request standard hold luggage too?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy