Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time for new ski boots :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, I think the time may have finally come to replace my ski boots! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that could fulfill my needs, I'm looking for something with the performance of a race boot, stiff and able to handle some racing, mainly dry slope slalom back in England and maybe a couple GS on snow but at the same time being good for flying all around the mountain, off piste, on piste (although if they work for racing they should be fine on groomers).

I have a feeling the solution would have to be 2 separate pairs of boots so right now I'd be looking for a good all mountain boot that can handle some speed on the groomers and can handle whatever gets thrown their way off piste. Right now I'm keen on these:
http://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk/salomon-quest-pro-pebax-ski-boots-2012
but perhaps someone has a better solution or knows a problem with the above, thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd concentrate your efforts on finding a reputable boot fitter at this stage rather than focussing on specific boot models. The Salomon boot you linked to could be brilliant or crap for you depending on the shape of your feet. Solutions4Feet in Bicester are probably the best in the UK and would be able to sort out exactly what's needed for both racing and recreation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've heard of them, all good of course! Unfortunately I've been stuck at uni until yesterday and am straight off to France but I'll probably take your advice and speak to a couple fitters over there and will see what they say! I've always found Nordica boots in general fit my feet well so that would be a good place to start, the Girish Pro model is pretty awesome although not so keen on the style. Thanks for the advice!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
uktrailmonster, is right. Even within the same manufacturer, different models are designed to fit different types of feet, so see someone who knows what they are talking about.

Assuming you are not racing at the highest level, you can probably get away with a stiffer free-ride boot or a mid stiffness race boot THAT FITS PROPERLY and use it as your only boot for both racing and free skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jakejenks, if you are off to meribel go see either Helen at intersport below Barometer or pop over the bootlab in courch 1650 or if you can get yourself over the chamonix
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just book with Colin @ solutions 4 feet and be done with it!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pop and see slavemonkey/ eddie thelwell or julian thorpe at the Castleford Ellis brigham if you're in the north. Some of the best bootfitters around.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy