Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Corbier in Les Sybelles - info required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Research seems to suggest that it might not be the prettiest of towns, and that the terrain may not be the most challenging, and that there are quite a few drag lifts but, overall, many comments are actually quite positive about Le Corbier.

The wider Les Sybelles area seems to offer good travel opportunities and distance (310km apparently).

Anyone been? Any insights? Have been offered a week at the end Jan for £349 and a 2 for 1 ski pass. This could suit the need for the next trip.

Thanks snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
urghh!!!!
Ugly Ugly Ugly resort, lots of slow old lifts, link at the top all flat button lifts.
On the upside once you've put the effort in to get over the top to Saint Sorin D'arves it has some great skiing under the two high speed quads out of the village
check the hotel as well as lots of UK schools go to Le Corbier too and you don't wanna be stuck with a hotel full of kids!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chasseur, I've been to St Sorlin a couple of times, 2006 and 2007, I posted a trip report, in Resort Reviews. Yes Le Corbier is ugly but it accesses a big area, although the runs are largely pretty tame. I didn't try the off piste but I think there are a couple of fans on here. The lift system was pretty slow then but I think they've updated more of it since I went. Best skiing is over in St Sorlin, it's also the prettiest of the linked resorts. Prices are lower than major resorts and there will be far less Brits there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are off to St Jean for Feb half term so do post a review when you get back!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys snowHead

I did pick up on the schools thing too. The tamer runs will suit the SO fine, the distance and links to other places will suit me, so hopefully a happy compromise.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i seem to recall skiing over to and lunches in La Tousuoire (sp?) were nice - but that's over 20 years and a lot of intervening trips ago. Worth a look anyway.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The main block is a rectangular building of private apartments. It has a corridor running its entire length (about half a kilometre in length?) at ground level with shops and bars along it. Its like a very long thin shopping mall. Most of the bars are on the slope side of the corridor so some have a terrace. I stayed in a clubhotel that didn't form part of the main building (Mont Corbier with Rocketski).

I was there Christmas 2005 (on a cheapo last minute deal) and there was plenty of skiing and the areas are all well linked (about 100km piste and plenty of off piste too). I would agree that La Toussuire is pretty and a bit of a suntrap bowl with some nice restaurants for lunch. There is an excellent run all the way down to St Colomban des Villards (1,100 vertical). I was lucky enough to be at the top of it just as they opened it after some high winds at the top. Perfect grooming all the way (which, if you are a piste cruiser was just heavenly).

It really is a case of just remembering why you are in the mountains - hopefully its not to admire the architecture Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy