Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Room available St Anton most of season on adhoc basis, superb location!

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone interested in a trip to St Anton this season? (one of THE best resorts in the world for ski and apres!)

I have a twin room available for much of the season on an adhoc basis to people who are keen to ski or board and friendly, good at sharing etc

Sharing with me and two Danish ski reps who are lovely..we all work here, in fact we have WIFI so is a great place if you need to take your work with you!

very relaxed place, right in centre of town just 5 minutes walk to Galzigbahn (next to the church

Shared bathroom (not suitable for princess!) lovely spacious appartment Tyrolean style (= a lot of wood!)

views of mountains and horses opposite!

price is 36 euros/night per person, 30 if sharing - so very cheap for Anton standards! Available for weekends or weeks but weeks take precedence!!

Coming on your own is fine if you are prepared to fit/join in and are also the independent type too. We are all fun easy going people, I ski off piste a lot and know the area well.

interested ? send me message here and a bit of info about you...Smile

Zoe
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Zoe,

I'm a 25yo Male, pretty experienced skier. Looking to get away from everything over Xmas. What you are offering sounds perfect! I'd be coming out to ski rather than anything else, but would be up for a bit of fun in the evenings down the pub or whatever. I'd be looking to come out on the 24th and stay for a week, maybe stay over new year if you have availability.

I have never skied in St Anton before so would be very keen to make use of your knowledge of the area and hit the powder!

Please get in touch asap as I want to get something booked soon!

simon.shaw@live.co.uk

Thanks!

Si
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
antonaddict, PM on its way to you.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Zoe- Chance I might make it out to St Anton in the spring, but it might be with some friends and the dates aren't set. To clarify, are you talking about renting out a room in a multi-bedroom flat or is everyone sharing the double room?

Have you considered listing your place with Air BnB? I listed my place in Colorado with them as it is free to list and has gotten me a few extra bookings. They do charge a commission (~9 to 15% total), but handle the money and offer both sides some protection/convenience. Here is a referral link (which gives me a travel credit and might give you one too if you list/book) http://www.airbnb.com/tell-a-friend?airef=nklmz588b4zz5

Have a good season,
Matt
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all - thanks for the replies and will send you all private message (once i figured out how to reply!) - Simon sorry but Christmas and New Year am completely full already but check with stantonamarlberg tourist office to see if anything is left..but is always tricky then. I didnt mention our ages are two 21 year olds (Danish reps) and me in my mid 40s (but with a young outlook still apres party etc etc!) so we are looking for sharers who also fit our age group...

Matt - yes im renting out one twin room (two beds) in the three bedroom flat so no everyone is not sharing one room!! Let me know once you have decided ..
And thanks for rental tip..but i think this will mostly be to friends and friends of friends and anyone nice that we meet on here!!
Spent several winters in colorado...is great for powder but this year looks like it could be a good one here too!!

Zoe
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
antonaddict,

PM sent. Could be there Sunday.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hi antonaddict , whats the price if only one is it 60 euro . am experienced skier ex ski club rep , plus touring and a couple of snowhead trips . have always wanted to do st anton . regards steve
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
antonaddict,

Hey, I'm going to keep your place in mind later in the season but this message is to ask a question.....What does adhoc mean? I even googled to find out and all that came up was 'Allied Destructive Hackers Of Columbia' I'm guessing thats not you??? Razz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi there ......Am thinking of a ski trip at the end of jan...Have been a few times before so am intermediate. Love a bit of apres 2 . I'm a 39 yr old man originally from london lovin the idea of a last minute getaway... would be good if you could pm the details of the appartment when you get a mo .. ta
Steve

steve72@email.com
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Zoe,

I could be tempted! I love St Anton, but only really saw a few metres ahead of me last time I went as it was a complete white-out all week! The apres ski was amazing though! It would be good to ski it properly this time and see what it really looks like. I'm thinking of going to Austria sometime around the end of Feb for a week. Would it be available at that time?

I'm also 40ish, but very young at heart and love the Moosewirt!

Kirsten Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Zoe,

You're place sounds good. Although I am the independent type, I do also like to go skiing with others as I just think that it's more fun so can you let me know if this is something that could happen if I came to stay. I am in my early 30s and my friends are either settled with kids, settled generally or they just don't ski so I have found myself without a ski buddy this year but I am desperate to go away - I didn't go last year for the same reasons and I realised that a whole season/winter without snow is just too depressing for words.
Please let me know what you think? Thanks. Clare
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Zoe

I'm looking to get over to Austria at the end of February, and your place sounds great.

38 yr old male (snowboarder *spit*, etc), intermediate (yes, I know everyone says that). Is the room/bed available either of the last two weeks of Feb? PM me if this is ok.

Cheers

Graham
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hello Zoe

When is this room available? My friend and I are pretty flexible with dates but would need some notice! Would prefer early March-ish if possible!

Two males, 21 & 20 competent skiiers, like a bit of the apres ski. And we're house trained!

Look forward to hearing form you

Scott
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Zoe,

I am a 30 year old Irish lad who is looking for a bed for a week, actually almost immediately! 3 friends and I are flying out on the 21st January to the 28th for the week, but the others have decided to go all up market this year, splashing out an absolute fortune and stay in an expensive hotel in the centre of the town. I on the other hand preferred to take a better value approach and have more to spend on fun and skiing when i get out there Happy. I know its now only 2 weeks away but, You're place right in the centre of town sounds absolutely perfect then for me.

Yes we have a group of skiers, all fairly experienced but its a friendly gang and certainly love meeting new people. I am definitely easy going, tidy, independent and very easy to live with.

If you could get back in touch asap on my email, either way, would be much appreciated. Its COFLATHA@HOTMAIL.COM

Look forward to hearing from you soon Zoe,
All the best

Ciaran
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Zoe,you have a pm.
ski holidays
Hey Zoe,

Im a 28yo Male from South Africa (currently living in London) which has recently developed an addiction for powder Wink, intermediate skiier. Looking to go solo to St Anton Mid to End of March for a week, I'd be intrested in the room you have if its still available. Maybe I could benefit from your knowledge of the St Anton off piste aswell. Just came back from 2 weeks in Flaine with unbelievable pow! I heard St Anton has some of the best in Europe.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers
Andreas
snow report
Sorry sorry sorry...got completely inundated with pm replies so heres some quick answers to some of the posts here: and please if you did write to me here can you also send me a PM?

pricing is on a per person basis...we have a tiny CRASH room and a twin room...if you are in the twin and you come alone then you may have to share but i will of course let you know. I dont charge a single supplement.

Yes i do ski with people staying here, I generally only ski off piste...but i am not a gnarly skier (ha ha yet!!) i know some of the area but you would need equipment to go off piste. I also work some of time so have to mix up my time as best i can!

am full now until second week Feb if you want to come please PM me as i cant reply to everyone on forum...
best to send me your email address/facebook profile/skype address if you have one or some way i can find a bit more information about you, I'm also a couchsurfer and i find their site brilliant for checking profiles so you know a bit about someone before you invite them - there is no equivalent thing here which is why i ask for Facebook profiles etc (or your profile on Couchsurfing.org if you are one is even better!).

There are 3 of us permanently here and we are all nice people...

When i say independent it means that its great if we ski or apres together some of time but may not be all of time as i work, take time out from skiing occasionally etc so be prepared for that...

and yes Anton has had unbelievable powder in last few weeks...and now we are greedily waiting for more!!!

and for Alpine bud Adhoc ...mm im not exactly sure what i meant by that but rather like your definition...btw what is happening to Wikipedia?
latest report
If you Google Ad hoc (as it is actually two words) then you get the meaning: "for a particular purpose only; lacking generality or justification". I usually take it to mean that it is something that happens on an as needed basis. It is Latin and means "to this".

Wikipedia is down today as a protest against proposed US laws concerning the regulation of the internet.
snow conditions
Looks like the people at wikipedia have taken their ball away ....

http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/ad+hoc
snow report
antonaddict,

Hey Zoe!

I an MASSIVLY interested in your room - I’m always struggling for friends to come skiing with me at short notice over weekends.

Feel free to check out my facebook profile to check I’m not a nut job.

I’m sure you have had loads of interest, but keep me in mind if anything comes up!

Kind regards,

Guy
www.facebook.com/ggittins
snow conditions
antonaddict, Hi Zoe

A friend and I would be pretty interested in coming over at the end of Feb/start of march for a week. Do you have any availability around then? We could be pretty flexible depending on when and for how long you have any space.

We are both 26, I ski and board, and he boards. Both pretty experienced but it would be really good to ride with a local!

Hopefully you aren't fully booked by now.

Thanks

James

http://www.facebook.com/jamesmallion
http://www.facebook.com/dan.tanda
ski holidays
antonaddict, Hey Zoe,

Im a 28yo Male from South Africa (currently living in London) which has recently developed an addiction for powder Wink, intermediate skiier. Looking to go solo to St Anton Mid to End of March for a week, I'd be intrested in the room you have if its still available. Maybe I could benefit from your knowledge of the St Anton off piste aswell. Just came back from 2 weeks in Flaine with unbelievable pow! I heard St Anton has some of the best in Europe.

Hope to hear from you soon. email andreas2483@gmail.com

Cheers
Andreas
snow conditions
Hi Guy, James and Andreas...apologies again to all of you for not responding in the forum as i mostly check PMs coming in but will message you all privately now..
Thanks also all for sharing facebook/email addresses - again you can send to me privately i dont expect you to post on the forum but you are obviously all pretty relaxed!

and thanks Carounie for the "ad hoc" explanation I will take the one on an "as needed" basis which is what i was trying to get at...

I have had loads of requests from people interested but good news is i do still have some space and am trying to juggle where i can...so keep asking.

weve had some fun weeks..two British army officers arrive last week...and had a ball here in powder and apres...we also had two danish guys staying and everyone mixed fine so that was great...

But it is really cold right now as with rest of Europe - i checked -25 on Galzig yesterday..i rode the open Shindler chair in grim determination and perhaps a little touch of masochism to see if i could survive it...bent double with an extra down fleece round my legs i was fine..yeah really!!

I have German friends out this week so we will check out the off piste possibilities here still..im really keen to do some off piste in Zurs this season as i dont know it very well

happy riding! Zoe
ski holidays
Hi Zoe,
Am a solid intermediate skier (occasional black slopes) and am looking for accommodation for just myself (38 yr old) anytime between March 29 - 14 April. Do you have the room free? Thanks, Karen
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy