Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier building three new 6-seat chairlifts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
French resort Serre Chevalier is adding three new high-speed six seat chairs for the coming winter.

The new chairs will replace six surface tows and two older chairs at Le Grand Serre (Serre Chevalier 1300 sector) and at la Foret and Le Clos Gauthier in Serre Chevalier 1400. New snowmaking will be installed on the runs served by the new lifts. Additional snowmaking will feature on the Fangeas blue run.

Ground work around the La Draye red and Vallons de la Cucumelle area is claimed to have improved the flow of these runs, with the arrivals area for children at the base of Serre Chevalier 1350's slopes also upgraded.

Source: The Daily Snow

Do you ski Serre Chevalier?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have done long ago. Lovely area. Had a great week. Went back for a day' skiing in another year. Near white-out. That's skiing for you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope to go there this March for the first time. If so this is good news.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had one day there a few years ago which I really enjoyed, apart from nearly dislocating my shoulder on the home run - spectacular bruising. I'm put off by reports of school holiday crowding however - do other peoples experience bear this out or is it a myth perpetuated by the ski resort guide books?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, that is good news indeed (and should be particularly good news for some of our snowHead that are awaiting completion of apartments in the area!)

i skiied SerChe last year in the middle of the drought and it was terrible Sad but the town (villeneuve) was lovely, the people really friendly - however the snow quality and quantity is out of hands of the folk that run the slopes .....my main gripe was with the lift system which was antiquated to say the least with several challenging (& pointless) tows - i said that i'd not return until they upgraded the lifts so it is great to hear this news

big pluses are the easy transfer from turin airport, french feel to the town, good potential variety of slopes (and traditionally quite snowsure) and good value in general (accom, eating out, groceries) compared with other French resorts
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went there for a while last year and based myself in Monetier. It's a shame that they don't seem to be improving the link between Monetier and the rest of the area.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why spoil a good thing Caspar?, it keeps the crowds off the Monetier slopes when the snows better there!! Why else would I buy an apartment there? Seriously though, we had heard from a local that there had been a fourth chair taken up the mountain but no-one knew where it was going to. The Cucumelle chair could do with replacing. Martin Nicholas, we've gone in school hols (easter and Feb). Ski at Monetier and the crowds aren't so bad. Can be awful in places though, but these new chairlifts may help.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont,
Fair point
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Martin Nicholas,
Quote:

I'm put off by reports of school holiday crowding however - do other peoples experience bear this out or is it a myth perpetuated by the ski resort guide books?

I have skied there every Easter for about 5 years though I skipped last Easter because the snow was bad. There is very little crowding other than a few lifts in the Frejus sector and generally it is delightfully quiet. February though it can be pretty bad. probably worth avoiding in the february rush, though this is true for many French resorts.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
T Bar, we've been 2 out of the last 3 Easters probably passed you on the slopes. I agree about Frejus being crowded, but there's a drag hidden in the trees to the left which helps a bit.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont,

I know the one you mean but it isnt always open late season and then you have to ski down to the frejus chair which is crowded or to the steep drag back up to to casse de boeuf which also usually closes late season. Still worth looking out for though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy