Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lazy - don't want to trawl via search function - short break - Val D'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
I know, what an irritating topic.

Please recommend me a suitable route to securing a long weekend for 6 in Val in January. I'd go Tignes and kip wherever, but it's work and they've decided they like the look to the la-di-dah that is Val.

Any recommendations?

Ta!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You've been a bit vague to say the least - are you organising the flights yourself / want a complete package / type of accomodation

Be a bit more specific and someone might help !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Group trip? Book a hotel, flights and a return minibus transfer via the internet.

Phew...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK OK. Point(s) taken.

I will sort flights and transfer (if necessary). As ever with short breaks, this is a "can you recommend hotels with a flexible approach rather than a strict weekly booking cycle" question.

homers double, what is this 'internet' of which you speak???
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The internet by definition:- Where men are men, women are men and children are the FBI.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zammo wrote:
OK OK. Point(s) taken.

I will sort flights and transfer (if necessary). As ever with short breaks, this is a "can you recommend hotels with a flexible approach rather than a strict weekly booking cycle" question.

homers double, what is this 'internet' of which you speak???

I always use the PV apartments in La Daille. They're normally flexible on dates. They have apartments in the main village as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.cretes-blanches-valdisere.com/

worked for us in the past, ok with groups and weekend only bookings a few January's ago ....

great location.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gangstarrrrr, PV - Pierres et Vacances?

smithski, thanks, I'll take a look now
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gangstarrrrr, La Daille is more La-Di-Dire than La-Di-Da
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zammo wrote:
gangstarrrrr, PV - Pierres et Vacances?

smithski, thanks, I'll take a look now

Yes, Pierre et Vacances. Always served us well. Think La Daille is not too bad! You can ski down from Folie Douch and walk straight past the super long bus line!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Les Cretes Blanches

Also check out La Toviere in La Daille - great HB rates
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And for a short break, don't underestimate tripadvisor or expedia. Tripadvsor shows 48 hotels in val with availability for e.g. 5-9 Jan. Of course you don't need to pay the TA price, but call the hotels that look in the right price bracket.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try www.hundredhills.com. They have a chalet in Val and one in Tignes and specialize in short breaks.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Powder Monkey wrote:
Try www.hundredhills.com. They have a chalet in Val and one in Tignes and specialize in short breaks.

They seem like they are on the money, just always end up on the short list not the booking.

hohoho
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hundred Hills had a fire in one of the Val D Chalets - Echo (that i stayed in during March 11) a few weeks ago.

They still have another chalet (Foxtrot) but they are moving bookings from echo to foxtrot and 'Ushaia' (the Chalet in Tignes) so you may find they run out of space quickly.

Reasonable company to stay with though, good food and the chalets were perfectly clean and well placed.

Would stay with them again if i could get a last minute deal.
snow report
Thanks e'one. Hunderd Hills looked good but sadly no availability for the dates I need. I am loathe to throw money at Flexiski, but it might well be the answer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy