Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens is scene for MoS stag party scoop

Poster: A snowHead
An MP has apologised after taking part in a stag party in the French Alps at which Nazi slogans were chanted and one friend dressed in an SS uniform.
A reporter and photographer from the Mail on Sunday came across the “rowdy” group on 3 December in Restaurant La Fondue at Val Thorens, in the Three Valleys, while working on an unrelated story

...Among the men was Aidan Burley, 32, Conservative MP for Cannock Chase. Exhibiting Nazi symbols is a crime in France.
Original Mail article
Follow-up article in local newspaper

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 14-12-11 20:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow, shock horror! there are Brit dickheads already out in the Alps!
Hmmm, will that mean that the french police will be banning all groups larger than 2 from going out and making idiots of themselves in ski resorts?
Wonder what effect that will have on bookings...increase or decrease? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SnowNewsHound, Welcome to snowHeads?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowornever, really? You think that incident is the same as every other incident of tourists getting drunk?

It's wow shock horror rasist fascist dickheads should be arrested and deported.

British, Dutch, German, French, Australian, Norwegians all make dickheads of themselves and deserve a ticking off and told to stop being idiots. Someone dressing up as Hitler, in a country that was occupied and oppressed by the Germans, deserved jail.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowNewsHound, welcome. Please don't hack into my phone.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John,

A over reaction I think, agree wasn't perhaps the most well thought out theme, but on the basis of jailing people for chanting rasist comments, then I think a lot of sporting arena,s would be half empty, I think through this exposure enough damage has been done , and at least the exposure might ensure it doesn't happen again? Fat chance of that though
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, Bode Swiller, thank you. Bode Swiller, no chance of that - can't even master a dictophone Blush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

but on the basis of jailing people for chanting rasist comments, then I think a lot of sporting arena,s would be half empty, I think

a load of fat ignorant football hooligans is one thing; one expects no better. I suppose it is naive to hope that MPs should provide rather more edifying role models?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Current events re the euro and some of our mp,s and including a poll indicating our support of "Camerons" stanch indicate in a very minute way our attitude to Europe ( granted this doesn't include everyone and is a poor link) but old/ new dislikes continue , mostly underneath the surface . My mother is German but married a serviceman in the RAF stationed over there just after the war, she was forced out for her love of my father , even now when I mention the fact that I am half German I get all the usual comments , I don't take offense , should I turn them in?! Remember one of our favourite sitcoms was

Allo allo. Very funny, mum loves it, I know the Germans were the aggressors, but I can tell you some storries

And not,s forget on this website there have been a lot of mentions of the French arrogance

Can of worms I know. Incoming. No pun intended
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:

a load of fat ignorant MP hooligans is one thing; one expects no better.
reworded that for you.

Have you seen PMQ's? Pigs in the trough.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
phillip33, Racism is one thing, genocide is quite another. A night in the clink would give the idiot quite enough time to consider his stupidity.

And I think a half empty sporting arena is better than one half full of racists. A very short time ago a woman was caught on camera phone making racist comments in public. She was arrested and put in jail, according to the laws of this country. It will be interesting to see if a bunch of affluent middle-upper class white men are treated the same way as a working class single mother from Croydon.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
'Aidan Burley, MP for Cannock Chase was pictured drinking at French ski resort Val Thorens with 12 friends, some of whom chanted “Hitler, Hitler, Hitler'

My first post. I log on to get ski holiday tips, and end up boiling my blood after reading about a bunch of racist morons who give credence to the belief, that still persists in some places, that skiing is the preserve of hoorays and the right-wing rich. Why am I not surprised that one of them is a Tory MP?

You're absolutely right Doc John. Racism is an ideology that justified murder of a young man in Eltham nearly 20 years ago, and millions across Europe 70 years ago. Whether you're a football fan or a skier, when racists appear on your turf/snow there's no sitting on the fence, and it's not off topic to announce your contempt for them. Kicking racism off the mountain is as important as kicking it out of football.

I'm organising a group of over 40 skiers, going out to the French Alps in a week or so. If any of them behaved like that in public in the resort I'd never have them on a future trip, and I'd happily dob them in to the Gendarmes for illegal display of Nazi regalia etc.. It's us, people who share interests, sports, communites and workplaces who need to deal with racist scumbags who appear in our midst, by freezing them out. If the law of the country can lend a hand, all the better.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wearing the ss uniform would indicate that the behaviour was obviously pre meditated as you don't accidently hire/buy one of these by mistake. Also shows contempt and ignorance for the laws of the country you are in.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think "some of whom" is key here - nowhere does it say that he was shouting nazi slogans or dressing as an SS member himself, just some of the group he was with.

Admittedly it was really stupid of him to allow himself to be associated with these people, but you need to keep some perspective on it...

Also dressing as a Nazi doesn't necessarily make you a racist, just an idiot.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

can't even master a dictophone

That's where you are going wrong, you are meant to use your fingers.
snow report
bobmcstuff, it also makes you a criminal in France. Aidan Burley, if he had any intelligence, moral code or a shred of decency, should have refused to be seen in public with his friend when he emerged form his room dressed as a Nazi. His friends should be arrested and thrown out of the country with a criminal record. Mr Burley should resign as MP in disgrace.
snow conditions
Dr John wrote:
bobmcstuff, it also makes you a criminal in France. Aidan Burley, if he had any intelligence, moral code or a shred of decency, should have refused to be seen in public with his friend when he emerged form his room dressed as a Nazi. His friends should be arrested and thrown out of the country with a criminal record. Mr Burley should resign as MP in disgrace.

Dead right Doc. I was just typing much the same point when I saw you'd made it already. The 'Rt Honourable' Aidan Burley had every opportunity to disassociate himself before and during the incident. But he didn't start making the grovelling apologies and excuses until he was caught out after the event.

Did you see the words of the 'defendant' in the Steven Lawrence case, yesterday, disassociating himself from the racism in the old recording of he and his group of friends discussing violence against black people? Were they play acting, was it all a joke, were the 'mates' in the room, who watched the demonstration of knifing, unwise to associate themselves?

If he get away with this it will just be because it does not get enough news coverage to embarass Cameron sufficiently. That's why it's important everyone makes a noise about this here and elsewhere.
snow report
amarcord, Context is important here.
This wasn't a bunch of nazis dressing up and organising a hate march.
It was a bunch of lads on a stag night.
Obviously the French Gendarmes have the common sence to distinguish between the two.
ski holidays
jimmjimm wrote:
amarcord, Context is important here.
This wasn't a bunch of nazis dressing up and organising a hate march.
It was a bunch of lads on a stag night.
Obviously the French Gendarmes have the common sence to distinguish between the two.
Ive always felt that reading the Daily Mail let alone believing it is an offence against common sense but Burley is clearly at best an idiot with a poor choice of friends and at worst a closet racist. He really shouldnt be an MP. Sadly the ski slopes do seem to attract a lot of over-priviledged,expensively educated idiots with xenophobic tendencies. On the other hand i'm no saint after a few drinks (but not in any nazi/racist way) and ive certainly been with good friends who have behaved badly BUT none of us are MP's
snow report
Bunch of idiots.

A question though - as the wearing of Nazi style clothes etc is a crime in France why were they allowed to sit through a whole meal and then go onto another bar without being reprimanded/ refused entry/ arrested?

Don't suppose the Daily Fail reporter thought to ring the Gendarmes and put an end to it all for the benefit of the customers and staff around them...
ski holidays
Dr John, Occupied by the NAZIs! Lets not tarnish the whole German nation as Nazis as that would be another form on racisim.
latest report
Burley has been sacked as a PPS, good!
snow report
I once overdosed on cheese in that resturant! the dreams that night were extreme........made snow activity the next day almost impossible Happy
snow report
I'm afraid the racism card gets gets played far toooooooooo often these days.One big chip on the shoulder alot of the time.
snow conditions
Topsmoke, +1, couldn't agree more.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy