Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets 18th -26th Jan? £100 each for you and 2 friends for an interview

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there!

I work for a design consultancy and we're looking for skiers / boarders to interview about snowsports to help us develop some new snow-related apps for smartphones.

Are you going skiing/boarding with friends or family and will you be in Avoriaz / Les Gets / Morzine at some point between Weds 18th and Thurs 26th Jan 2012? We can pay £100 for your time if you are happy to be interviewed for our project and are holidaying just with friends (with £100 each for 2 of your friends as well) or we can pay £200 for an interview with you and your family.

You or one of your friends/family will need to be a beginner or an intermediate skier/boarder (happy on blues, reds, maybe blacks, not so keen on going off-piste), going with a bunch of friends or family and likely to go every year (others in the group can be of any level, from beginner to advanced). You'll also need to have a smartphone such as an iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung Galaxy - anything that you can access email / browse the internet etc on - and be used to using it to find information, see maps, maybe do Facebook or other social sites.

If you fit the bill, please get in touch! If you don't fit the bill but you can think of someone who can, please ask them! It's a great project, should be fun and interesting, and the output (great apps!) will be useful for you and people like you.

Looking forward to hearing from you. You can reach me at billie@enginegroup.co.uk. Many thanks!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-12-11 20:30; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blimey. That's a first - paid market research. Usually businesses want to pick everyone's brain/spam under some subterfuge.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done paid market research before- just had to do an interview and send them a scan of my shopping receipts for a few weeks- easy peasy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did you only send them the receipts of the virtuous stuff?

(I did of course mean in the snowheads world but recognise it was ambiguous)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, they just wanted to know what we bought in supermarkets and why - got about £300 in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BillieEngine, very happy to help but can you make it before 2 Jan please? wink Or around the 9th April? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there
We're only out there 21st-24th January I'm afraid. And yes, it's true, cash for answering some questions! We would want to come out and interview you for a couple of hours before you head out there to understand what goes through your mind when you're planning your trip, and then we'd hope to catch you out there briefly so that we can find out if/how you're using your smartphones on the slopes.
I've worked in market research for years and usually it's about shopping lists / food / etc. I love skiing and this is definitely the best project I've worked on! Going to Avoriaz for work?! Brilliant.
Please let me know if you can think of anyone who will be out there at that time.
Cheers
Billie
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all
We're stretching out the dates we're in Avoriaz for, plus the cash incentive has been upped. I've edited the details in the first post to reflect this. If you can think of anyone that would be happy to help, please let me know! billie@enginegroup.co.uk

Or, please cut and paste this info and email it to anyone that you think may be able to help! Thanks!.....

Hello! Are you a skier? Are you interested in helping us develop new mobile services for snow sports fans like you?

We are looking for intermediate skiers to take part in our paid research between Wednesday 18th-Thursday 26th January, preferably in Avoriaz / Les Gets / Morzine.

We are looking for:

1) Friends who are going skiing in a group (with 3+ people)
2) Families with young or teenage children who are skiing together.

We'd like to meet you at home in the UK before your trip for a 2-2.5 hour interview (ideally with some or all of the people you are going skiing with), then see you again when you are on holiday on the slopes. And in return for your time we offer a cash incentive: £200 per family group or £100 per person for a group of three friends.

Don't worry, we are skiers ourselves and we know how precious your time on the slopes is, so we'll be sensitive to your needs out in France. We would either catch up with you for a couple of off-piste catch-ups (e.g. for a quick coffee during a break/after skiing) or we would love to ski a couple of runs with you and chat on the ski-lifts. Whatever works best for you!

Within each friend/family group we are looking for at least one intermediate skier - either beginner/intermediate (happy skiing on greens, blues, maybe some reds) or high intermediate (happy skiing on blues, reds, some blacks, but not advanced at skiing or keen on off-piste). The other family members / friends can be at any level, from beginner to advanced.

You will need to have or use a smartphone (iPhone, Galaxy, Blackberry etc) and use it to look at maps, find information and perhaps also connect with people through social media (like Facebook or Twitter) or blogs - as well as using phone and text. You might even have another GPS device like a SatNav or Tablet computer (like an iPad).

Your thoughts, experiences and ideas will help to shape the design of new location-based services and Apps designed specifically for skiers and snowboarders.

Does this sound like you? Please get in touch, or pass onto anyone else you think might fit the bill and be interested. You can reach me at billie@enginegroup.co.uk. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks!

Billie
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's all above board folks, guy organising it is a friend of mine and I suggested he go on here fill yer boots! snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now if only they were in Verbier from 12th Jan - flippin' typical rolling eyes Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
im out here working. would that be of interest as im broke and could with with the money and so could my mrs/ the rest of the people i work with!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi i will be venturing to morzine on 25th jan, we are driving so will be there for the morning of the 26th. We are a group of 5 male friends who have all been boarding with and with out our families for the last few years.

Let me know if i can be of any use.

Thanks

Brett Cooper
Bert7cosby@gmail.com
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi there
Many thanks for your posts! We've found nearly everyone that we need, although we're still looking for female skiers/boarders or anyone who is out there as a family (obviously a bit of a long shot given that it's term-time!) If you are female or heading out as part of a family between 19th-25th Jan, please do get in touch!
All the best
Billie
billie@enginegroup.co.uk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy