Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Package Holiday Uncovered....another piece of hard hitting investigative journalism?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So....on Package Holiday Uncovered last night they worked out that ski holidays are dangerous if:

You ski unaccompanied off-piste without proper equipment
You don't wear a helmet
You don't have your ski bindings correctly adjusted
You don't ski/board within your own ability

SnowHeads could have told them that without them having to send someone to the slopes to film....

So what are the other dangers of a package ski holiday that aren't stating the blindingly obvious?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Everyone you come into contact with will try and make money out of you Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I only caught half of that report. One interview was with a boarder who'd gone off a jump in Scotland and broken his neck on landing. I think the poor wheelchair-bound bloke's advice was something like "Have fun, with superior trajectories."

Seriously though, his spirit was admirable, considering what a horrendous experience he'd been through.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 31-08-05 7:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Listening to the resort reps / chalet girls who have only been there a few weeks, are still learning to ski (in their spare time) and convey out-of-date or word of mouth information in an authoritative manner that turns out to be blatantly wrong or not the full picture about the resort and surrounding area.

... such as being adamant that there is a piste not marked on the map allowing you to make a connection you wouldn't have thought possible! Yes, there is a story about this including a resultant taxi fare when the piste did not materialise and the lifts closed trying to get back the long way round Mad This is a blatant danger to the wallet (and I suspect health in some cases!)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having to explain, for the third time, why you don't want to hire skis from their nominated supplier.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
At least it made a change from the usual story about people who travel to third world countries and then act shocked at the fact that the hotel doesn't live up Hilton standards.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The TV presenter also gave (dodgy) advice about going off piste, to the effect that you should have a transeiver and probe, and that someone in your group has a shovel. If you follow that advice lets hope the one with the shovel isn't the one who gets buried!

I personally didn't see the point in this segment of the programme, which I thought was about dodgy hotels / food etc.

As to other dangers of a package ski holiday, I think lack of security at some chalets is an issue. How often have you arrived back after a night out to find the chalet unlocked or ski room insecure/unlocked?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith wrote:
....his spirit was admirable, considering what a horrendous experience he'd been through.

Too right....he seemed so positive about everything! I hope to god it never happens to me but that I could be that upbeat if it ever does.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

How often have you arrived back after a night out to find the chalet unlocked
Actually, I find this preferable than the usual scenario of 6 of us coming back and finding that not one can remember the $%&* code to unlock the door Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We ended up with a couple of first time Chalet Chicks on their first week (just before Xmas) when a certain TO paid for us to run some racing a few years back - Only advice that I gave them at the end of the week is don't be late for brekkie on transfer day - they were on the sauce with us the night before and didn't make it to the chalet before we left! Thank god we weren't paying punters or I think that their career would have been very short...

Sorry if slightly off topic - beer at lunch does this sometimes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
conor,

I also noticed that. No advice is better than bad advice!

I'm sure the makers of this programme posted on here a few months back asking for contributors for this. So own up, were any snowheads the (probably fairly experienced) skiers made to look like fools?!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After seeing that brave guy in the wheelchair. I am glad I've got some body armour with a back protector, which I'll definitely pack and wear along with a helmet when I go skiing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Load of crap. I do try to avoid ITV
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i think we the public should make our own tv program on how crap tv programs are....

Trevor mc D came into work the other month to film one of their special reports (made by granada) I refused to appear on tv because i knew how it would be edited... and how right I was.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy