Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ADH > LDA Helicopter

Poster: A snowHead
Guys,

We are thinking of taking the short flight from ADH to LDA for a day trip over xmas, at 65 euro per person it seems quite affordable. I hate buses at the best of times so we would probably not go if it would involve 1hr on a bus!

I was just wondering if anyone here has taken this flight and if they happen to know if there is a price reduction for children? My guess is no.....but its worth asking.

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would be interested to here details of this as I go to ADH in Feb and I understand you get a days pass for 2 alpes with the ADH pass. A heli trip accross
would not only save time but if the weather is good worth the flight for the scenery.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're in LDA for Christmas and are very keen to do this as a treat. Any idea where I can find some info? I've tried google but can't find anything sensible.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowlamb wrote:
We're in LDA for Christmas and are very keen to do this as a treat. Any idea where I can find some info? I've tried google but can't find anything sensible.

http://www.alpedhuez.com/hiver/en/249/helicopter.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The trip costs 65€ per person (adult or child), bookings at the caisse pietons on your left just inside the main ticket office. That price assumes a full flight, so Flo in the ticket office will juggle bookings to make sure each one goes with a full complement of passengers. Go in and ask about it at the beginning of the week rather than leaving it until the day before you'd like to go.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
been on it well worth the trip
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowlamb, that does sound fun - you could tell people you'd been heli-skiing!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lizzard wrote:
The trip costs 65€ per person (adult or child), bookings at the caisse pietons on your left just inside the main ticket office. That price assumes a full flight, so Flo in the ticket office will juggle bookings to make sure each one goes with a full complement of passengers. Go in and ask about it at the beginning of the week rather than leaving it until the day before you'd like to go.

Can you clarify exactly where the booking office is? Is it at the altiport? or in town?

Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snapzzz, it's at the Altiport in ADH (Lizzard is talking about LDA). Bit of a pain to book, tbh, because you do need to go in person (& I recommend ringing first, because they're not always there when they say they will be!). But it's really worth doing! Very Happy

One thing I would say is, don't get your hopes up too much - it's often cancelled due to adverse conditions. So it might be best to play it down a bit to your kids, just in case...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And another thing... they like to be paid in cash, because it makes refunds easier if it's cancelled. So do be sure to take enough with you, because it's a long way back into town!

Btw, are you there with a TO? Because if you are, you might be able to get them to do the booking for you... would be worth asking!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks. Will pop along to the office when we arrive. It would seem to be the adults who are the most excited, the kids seem quite laid back about it. Too much too young probably.

A direct question for Lizzard if I may? I've ordered our family lift pass online and selected the postal option but my receipt talks about collecting in person. Am I too late for the passes to be sent?

thanks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowlamb, when did you order them? If you did it a while ago and they should already have turned up, I'd call or avail yourself of the rather irritating chat feature they have on the website. They'll find you an English speaker if you need it - they have several.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was returning from ADH a few years ago when the 'loader' announced they were taking some pisteurs to the top of the mountain and had two spaces. My skis came out of the straps very quickly!

Dropped on the glacier after a long circling climb with the pisteurs pointng out the sights - a lucky experience.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard wrote:
snowlamb, when did you order them? If you did it a while ago and they should already have turned up, I'd call or avail yourself of the rather irritating chat feature they have on the website. They'll find you an English speaker if you need it - they have several.

Only ordered on Friday. Wasn't expecting them yet, just that there was a comment on another thread about being 'too late' to get passes posted.

Been looking for the chat feature on the pass office website but it seems to have disappeared. I'll give it till the end of the week and then give them a call.

thanks
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is it a 65Euro return trip ?
snow conditions
Renry, nah, we leave you to walk home - it's good for you. Laughing
snow conditions
Toofy Grin Lizzard, I wasnt sure if a bus was needed for the return.
snow conditions
Renry wrote:
Toofy Grin Lizzard, I wasnt sure if a bus was needed for the return.

Balls to buses...i hate them, especially up those winding roads.

Yeah, its return .... pretty good value.

The flight is only about 4 mins long though, there are videos on you tube. You can actually see LDA from one of the ADH webcams, its not far at all as the crow flies.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy