Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snow sure resort near Geneva early april

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have the plane tix,now need to figure out where to stay. Would like to be about 2 hours from geneva airport. Mostly intermediate boarders/skiers but one novice border. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Geneva.html

Gives you a a rough idea of what there is within 1hr upwards of Geneva. I would be tempted to wait until closer to the time and see where the best conditions are. If you have to book now go high, depends on how far you want to travel transfer wise, Chamonix is the obvious one but not so great for beginners, within 2.5 to 3 hrs the obvious ones are Tignes, Le Plagne, Les Arc, 3 Valleys.

So lots of possibilites. I ski so can't really offer you the best insight into whioch is best specifically for boarding.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Verbier would be a good bet.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flaine / Grands Massif is an hour from Geneva and should be OK in early April. La Clusaz is even closer but is less reliable for April as it's lower. Chamonix would also be a good bet as Grizwald says. No need to book now though, April is not busy in the Alps, so wait until March then take a look at the snow conditions. Personally I'd go for La Clusaz for a group like this but I wouldn't book that until the last minute, and if the snow was really bad near Geneva I'd head down to Les Arcs or L3V, but that's more than 2 hours I'm afraid.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avoriaz. We ski at Morzine/Les Gets/Avoriaz and have an apartment in St.Jean which it takes us 1 hour 20 mins. to drive to, add on a little bit extra for the drive on up the mountain to Avoriaz or just stay in Morzine and get the ski lift up. If the snow stays good til the end of the season you might not even need to go up to Avoriaz and your ski pass will work out cheaper.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All great info, we were thinking Morzine/Avoriaz, but I was concerned about slush first week in April . How easy is it to get up to Avoriaz from Morzine, and if we are staying in Morzine, what area is the most convenient? Any suggestions for a nice 3 star hotel would be welcomed. I like the idea of waiting to the last minute, probably better deals as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ELLENESK,

Just looking at booking a similar trip. Not to hijack your thread but those going at easter, is it best to book flights now and then pick a resort closer to the time?

Was thinking of booking some flights to geneva, chambery or salzburg to just get them sorted.

Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy