Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

<~<~ Cheapo Xmas Escape ( CXE11 ) ~>~>

Poster: A snowHead
admin, the trouble with all this boogering about that you're doing on here, is that it means there is still a shortage of buttons on the SBB thread. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
admin wrote:
sishaw, you are about to benefit from the results of a particularly long and protracted snowHeads topic which has since been proven 'in the field'.

The most interesting bit is that it's 12kg extra weight on top of your normal weight allowance which is 20kg. However, what many found hard to believe, the 20kg is your allowance whether or not you also book a bag into the hold.
Hence, U can take 32kg of sports goods without paying to book a bag into the hold.

...and just in case U get a check-in girl that doesn't understand that (like I did once), print this page off: http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/baggage.html

Just in case the really don't understand, loving the illustration...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
well that saves me £23 for baggage then!

will be able to confirm booking tonight
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
II wrote:
seems very cheap... I belive the lift pass is 215E?

Flights from Edinburgh return are £138 including ski carrage..... seriously tempted...

See illustration above - I think you must be adding a bag and skis.......save yourself £23 notes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
By this time Sunday I'll be either booked up or crying......looking at flying from Edinburgh. Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
itchyfeet wrote:
how much would own room cost? was keen to go away over new year but having trouble arranging it so this looks a good option will know in next 24 hrs
I've got a price for a solo room: £70 on top of the twin price.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi everyone

I just signed up here as I stumbled across this trip and am very interested - it's just going to be me so how does it work with sharing rooms - does eveyone else already know each other/how old is everyone/any others want to share?

Sorry, lots of questions I know.....but knowing me I'm probably just going to think about it for another 10mins and book anyway Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Harvie, welcome snowHead to snowHeads.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Leeds/Bradford to Chambery with Jet2, out 24/12, rtn 31/12 for £72 if that helps anyone.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Harvie, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

The official policy around here is that we'll figure out room-mates that seem appropriate or amusing. That way, no-one has to pay sole occupancy unless they particularly want a room of their own.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well Gregory and I are in although we have commitments to Grandma on 25th and 26th so we'll be on the 7PM Eurostar and the overnight train from Paris to arrive (very) early next morning.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im out !
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the welcome - and explaining the room situation Laughing

I'm now all booked up and looking forward to meeting those who are going
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is the £50 ski rental fixed regardless of duration? We'll have 7.5 days on the slopes and depending the quality of skis, £50 is a bargain.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Admin. Is the £50 kit hire from hotel include boots?

Where exactly is he hotel? I couldn't find it on google map.
snow conditions
Thats Me!! Im In.... looking forward to next week and meeting up with all you people. Thanks Admin for helping me out with the booking, Appreciate all your help.... one last thing, RE ski Hire does that deal include snowboards?? thanks in advance Danny
latest report
Swoosh wrote:
Where exactly is he hotel? I couldn't find it on google map.

It's on the Route du Signal (the main road up the West side of the resort), almost opposite the mid station of the "Telecentre" lift.

P.S. Must stop checking this thread......
snow report
same here - i'd rescheduled all my on-call support to work xmas/newyr and guarantee that i'm free for s8BB. would have been cool to do both.
latest report
Harrisontherabbit. Thanks, found it.

admin. I'm thinking of taking lesson with ESF. Cost €152 for 6 days if book online. Can the hotel get any discount?

Thanks
Andrew
snow report
Tempted!!!! Was looking to drive out next week, very very tempting, I could take 2 more (leaving some space) if anyone is interested in leaving from the South West regions.
ski holidays
harrisontherabbit, U know resistance is futile. There is only one decision that can truly bring you peace Wink

eshroom, 7 day's will probably be fine but at worst it's nothing a 10€ isn't going to solve pretty quickly Wink
Swoosh, yes, boots included although I must say, unless you think this might be the last time you might ski, get your own - fitted, ideally!kabby, the hotel doesn't have snowBoards - so book ahead to save extra expense: check out Skiset or Alpinresorts (using the discount code SNOWBALL)
snow conditions
Twinner sports are cheap, do snowboards and are in the same building as the hotel. Smile

http://ski-hire.twinner-sports.co.uk/magasin/alpe-dhuez/193/minisite
snow report
eshroom, thanks for the twinner link...... been on good prices, booked up ready to go!!!
snow report
Yes kabby, that's definitely the most convenient shop but if it's good prices you're after Alpinresorts (using the discount code SNOWBALL) offers the same board for 5€ less in another shop in the same street Wink
ski holidays
Smokin Joe wrote:
Im out !
Hee hee: Smokin Joe is a good name for a dragon!

That's sad though Sad
Madame not in favour?
snow report
admin wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
Im out !
Hee hee: Smokin Joe is a good name for a dragon!

That's sad though Sad
Madame not in favour?

Madame's new job in fact........only been there a week best not push it ! Laughing
ski holidays
Silly girl, getting a new job at the start of the season!
latest report
admin, she did say I could go on my own but................I reckon the consequences wont be worth it Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin,

Right, Admin paid...Check! Flights booked...Check! Ski rental...Check! Very Happy

I see there are at least 7 of us landing at Grenoble within and hour and 20 of each other. Do you think we could get the hotel to supply a transfer?

Barry
snow report
Alpinebud, if they do it won't be FOC as they have to pay for it although they do tend to get very good rates on such things.

7 is still within the realms of commonly available taxi type services so at this point I'd say a general collaboration between the [magnificent] seven would seem like the best bet. If we get a few more though, we're drifting more into the territory where the hotel can be of service.
latest report
I'm trying organise a car load of 4, heading out Boxing day. Have 2.5 peeps at the mo, I shall keep you posted.

If anyone wants a lift from the SW-S area let me know, would probably be a case of meeting at my place SP8, costs taking the car are <£125 each & theres room for gear, we'd be returning Saturday I'm assuming.
latest report
Alpinebud, who's up for sharing a private vehicle? Ben's bus has several stops en-route and if there's enough of us, probably isn't be much cheaper. Got a taxi quote of 320 euros return, waiting to hear if it's only a 4 seater or not.
snow report
When I get home tonight I'll pay up for my room. Does anyone know if there is parking outside the hotel? Can't wait to get going with this! Sasha
snow conditions
Alpinebud, eshroom, I'm game for sharing a taxi to get up from Grenoble. With any luck we'll be in time to bag a cheeky afternoon on the slopes!!
ski holidays
Swoosh, Think we're on the same flight out of Liverpool, fancy meeting up in the airport for a cheeky (very)early morning holiday beer?
snow report
admin, eshroom, SkiTigger,

Yes sorry Admin I didn't mean a freebie transfer from the hotel, I worded it wrong...

Looks like we have 3 so far for the taxi to the hotel. The trouble is that we come back at different times, Skitigger leaves 11.5 hours before me on the 31st ect ect.

Ideally I'd like to share with Admin and Gregory on the return leg as we share a flight.

So maybe I could pay one way with Tigger and co and the other way with Admin and co? I'm sure we can find a way that everyone gets there and back without to much cost
snow report
admin wrote:
harrisontherabbit, U know resistance is futile. There is only one decision that can truly bring you peace Wink

Well, I had decided that it was a bit short notice to go cancelling Christmas, and the price and timing of Boxing Day flights wasn't looking good. Then, Cptsideways goes and posts this:

Cptsideways wrote:
I'm trying organise a car load of 4, heading out Boxing Day. Have 2.5 peeps at the mo, I shall keep you posted.

If anyone wants a lift from the SW-S area let me know, would probably be a case of meeting at my place SP8, costs taking the car are <£125 each & theres room for gear, we'd be returning Saturday I'm assuming.

Cptsideways, what time would you looking to leave Dorset on Boxing Day? Resistance may indeed be futile........
latest report
harrisontherabbit, Your doomed. Lucky bug. Toofy Grin
snow report
Oh and can I ask....Is everyone else going expert skiers or will I have people to improve on the reds with? And is anyone up for sharing a private lesson or 2? I'm happy on reds (once I find my feet) but not very experenced
ski holidays
Alpinebud, SkiTigger, There's two here (minkers is travelling with me) and kabby also expressed an interest, so that makes 5 of us sharing a taxi / mini-van there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy