Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

<~<~ Cheapo Xmas Escape ( CXE11 ) ~>~>

Poster: A snowHead
What are folks doing about lift passes? I mention this because I found an Alpe d'Huez Skipass from a trip last year and I can "load" days to it via www.sataski.com the web page is quoting E204.50 for 6 days E231 for 7 days, also there is a web booked offer for Saturday ticket at E29.90 so unless there is a better group price on offer this might be a good deal?
Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SnowReason wrote:
you probably all have this webcam link already, thought I'd post it just in case Smile and today the sun comes out for the first time for a while, if I wasn't enthusiastic enough before I am now Very Happy Very Happy

http://alpedhuez.livecam360.com/signal/flash/main.php
Marvelous link.
2 sleeps! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What will you be doing this christmas?

http://youtube.com/v/Vo2vUZSrwMw
or

http://youtube.com/v/Isyj_nOIBAY&feature=related

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It looks really good out there, I is well jell. Have a great time everyone.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
not that I can actually ski like the freeride video, but ya can always dream Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Zombie Si wrote:
It looks really good out there, I is well jell. Have a great time everyone.

Shame you is broken Sad conditions look good for those new white dots.

enjoy Switzerland anyway Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm sure I can't be alone in this Puzzled

I am finding it thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis hard to contain my excitement. Roll on Saturday! Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flowa, my sentiments exactly!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Likewise! Packing my bags as I type!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dinner plans Sat/Sun
Since we're staying in a club hotel with other people in it (we had the whole place to ourselves at the PSB), I thought it would be nice if we could find a way to bagz tables to group-up on at least the first couple of nights. I'll be easy to spot since I am lucky enough to have some snowHead branded gear to wear (Tshirt and neck'y thingy). Not sure about everyone else? If the Belle Aurore operates like the place in Tignes, they will probably have two sittings for dinner. One at 7.30pm and one at 8.30pm and you have to put yourself on the appropriate list.

So, assuming this place runs the same way - how's about we all put ourselves down for the later sitting on Saturday night and try and spot each other in the bar first? I know a couple of you already, so that helps and no-doubt some of you know each other too. ... but to make things fun, I won't display any snowHead gear in the bar Madeye-Smiley . See how we do. Then since Sunday night is Xmas'n'all - I thought it would be nice to enmasse again.

What'd'ya think?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flowa, You could put up your photo so folk can recognise you Little Angel wink

Have a great time
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx wrote:
flowa, You could put up your photo so folk can recognise you Little Angel wink
Madeye-Smiley too easy - let's have some fun wink Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have a brilliant trip, everyone! We would've been with you, because we were looking out for a cheap Christmas deal, but we cracked & booked LDA a few hours before it was announced (off first thing tomorrow morning Very Happy ). So if anyone's thinking of helicoptering over, give us a shout... snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Keep us "latecomers" posted please over crimbo Smile I hate familyxmas's enough but to know I'm missing a weekend of snow & fun whilst watching xmas telly is really going to hurt.

We plan to be there Monday evening, we'll aim for 8.30pm & aim to make dinner! & don't go tracking all the powder snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Did anyone have any thoughts on the lift pass thing? I'll book mine online tomorrow if we can't get some kind of cheapo group deal once there...

Also us peeps that are sharing the 10.20 taxi transfer to the hotel....any ideas how we're going to find each other at the airport? I'll be the guy with the suitcase and ski jacket Wink
ski holidays
Alpinebud, copy and paste the snowheads logo, print out various sizes and make luggage tags, a4 sheets to attach to the back of your jacket/rucksack etc.... or approach a likely looking bloke and ask, in time honoured fashion, "excuse me, are you Frosty the Snowman?"
latest report
flowa wrote:
Dinner plans Sat/Sun
Since we're staying in a club hotel with other people in it (we had the whole place to ourselves at the PSB), I thought it would be nice if we could find a way to bagz tables to group-up on at least the first couple of nights. I'll be easy to spot since I am lucky enough to have some snowHead branded gear to wear (Tshirt and neck'y thingy). Not sure about everyone else? If the Belle Aurore operates like the place in Tignes, they will probably have two sittings for dinner. One at 7.30pm and one at 8.30pm and you have to put yourself on the appropriate list.

So, assuming this place runs the same way - how's about we all put ourselves down for the later sitting on Saturday night and try and spot each other in the bar first? I know a couple of you already, so that helps and no-doubt some of you know each other too. ... but to make things fun, I won't display any snowHead gear in the bar Madeye-Smiley . See how we do. Then since Sunday night is Xmas'n'all - I thought it would be nice to enmasse again.

What'd'ya think?
I think...

Your assumptions are wrong Wink

The game will more likely be, "Spot who isn't a snowHead" snowHead since I understand there will be 4 people there for the week outside our group + 2 more for a part of it.
I like to think of them as guests at Hotel snowHeads (so be kind to them Wink)

With 18 staff in the hotel v's 22 snowHeads, that's a pretty good ratio for getting looked after well.

So no, there wont be 2 sittings for dinner: that was an arrangement we created specifically to cater for the huge numbers we had at the PSB.
I think you'll be easily spotted Fleur Wink
snow report
admin, well that's all a great relief. I do rather like it when we have the place to ourselves Cool
Thanks for clearing that up.
ski holidays
Alpinebud, that's why u have the Phonelist, although still missing: Moo, Doo, Harvie, Minkers and Sunbeam (Sounds like a particularly tripped out 60's band)

And the Travel list to see who's where, when.

Grenoble airport is tiny: if you haven't hooked up on the way out, meet at the café in arrivals. There's only one!
latest report
Quote:

Moo, Doo, Harvie, Minkers and Sunbeam (Sounds like a particularly tripped out 60's band)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Ahaa... there you are Pedantica. While you're here, can I tempt you to a nice comfy Eurostar seat on Boxing Day evening? You know you'd love to Wink
snow report
Yup, I would. But I can't. NehNeh
ski holidays
admin, The only number I can see on the phonelist is......Mine. But meeting at the cafe sounds good. I'll just book the liftpass from here. Can anyone tell me if it's worth including the Saturday we arrive? Taxi at 10.20 so transfer time, checking in and picking up ski's and pass...Will that leave time to hit the slopes a little?
snow report
Alpinebud sorry, technical glitch.
You should have proper phonelist action now!
snow report
Is it cheaper to buy lift pass online?
snow report
admin, Yep all good now. Yet another question from me though......It's just about lift passes again, I just had a look on the site that Snowreason said about but it says it's to close to the start of the trip to send a pass there. What have you done about your pass?
snow conditions
fezza, It said 144 Euros for 8 days which is much cheaper than Snowreason said so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong...
snow conditions
243 maybe forthwith visalp pass?

Tbh I'm happy enough with the normal pass.
I'm a postgrad so should also be able to take advantage of student reduced rate!

Maybe wont be quite the shock I thought it was!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seems that there's a big heated outdoor pool/sauna complex fairly near our hotel so might be worth bringing swimming gear (just incase we've any energy left). Looks like its at least partly covered by the lift pass price wise so happy days.
ski holidays
24hrs from now we'll be in the taxi, gang.
snow report
Swoosh, Alpinebud. Sorry for late reply on this but I'm still in for the Masterclass - let me know if you got booked or not.
ski holidays
Hi guys,

Hope you are all looking forward to a fantastic week skiing with us in Alpe d'Huez!
My name is Gary Ward and I am the Hotel Manager of the Belle Aurore where you will all be spending your Christmas!
All you snowheads will be on the first floor which has recently been renovated so i hope you will all be happy!
If you have any questions or querries, please contact me on my email
belleaurore@skibound.co.uk
or call me on
0033 476803317

To answer you snowheads the main question which is on all of your minds......

THE SNOW IS FANTASTIC!!!!!! Razz

Have a safe trip over and i will see you very soon!!!

Cheers

Gary Ward
Hotel Manager
Clubhotel Belle Aurore!
ski holidays
Alpinebud, I have a sata skip@ss from last year which I can just recharge, as admin pointed out it's too late for them to send you one through the post, although they do claim that you could "withdraw" it at the resort, but I couldn't find any instructions for that. The 144 Euros is for "Alpe du Grand Serre" which is different ski area, for some reason the web site takes you there from the "Buy your Skipass" button. The ski pass we need is the "Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine"

fezza, I don't know whether it is cheaper to buy online, personally as I already have a skipass I can re-charge I thought I could save myself hassle by buying online, something less to queue for Very Happy in my experience the lift companies aren't the most generous, so I doubt there's much difference in price booking online or in resort.

My original question was about any group buy of lift passes which may get an reduction
snow report
SnowReason, Ok we'll see about the group discount when there. Will hopefully be in that lift pass que at this time tomorrow Cool
ski holidays
Have a wonderful time snowHead
ski holidays
Why am I reading this thread ?! rolling eyes
snow report
Harvie, Alpinebud. I'd email Stuart at Masterclass to book a class on 25th and ask for availability. But he hasn't come back to me yet... Don't know if it's already booked up.

Admin. Opt out the ski equipment hire from the hotel at this stage?

Fellow snowhead travel from Liverpool tomorrow 0600. Are we meeting up for a early pint? and how do you guys get to the airport? Does anyone knows any 24 hr bus service or is this a taxi job?
ski holidays
Hope you all have a fantastic time Smile and I'm a bit jealous even though I'm going to Hinterglemm tomorrow. Cos it's raining there at the moment Sad
ski holidays
You can rent ski's at the hotel if you need too,
Ricky is our tech this year, we have a lot of new models and some excellent upgrades.
In relation to Lift Passes, they aren't the most generous people, no discount unless you have a family pass.
The passes have changed this year so i doubt they will recharge it. The new pass is called Ski prememuim.
The rep Solene or Rick can help you purchase this pass.

Gary- Clubhotel Belle Aurore Manager
snow report
Tarquin wrote:
Why am I reading this thread ?! rolling eyes

Snap........... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy