Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

<~<~ Cheapo Xmas Escape ( CXE11 ) ~>~>

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Swoosh, Think we're on the same flight out of Liverpool, fancy meeting up in the airport for a cheeky (very)early morning holiday beer?

Sounds good to me.

Alpinebud, I'm in for the taxi sharing, but would prefer a 7 seater.

Im no expert skier and do think a privat lesson can do me no harm. Masterclass have good reviews from the other forum.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swoosh wrote:
Quote:

Swoosh, Think we're on the same flight out of Liverpool, fancy meeting up in the airport for a cheeky (very)early morning holiday beer?

Sounds good to me.

Alpinebud, I'm in for the taxi sharing, but would prefer a 7 seater.

Im no expert skier and do think a privat lesson can do me no harm. Masterclass have good reviews from the other forum.

We're up to 6 so far... I think we're looking at 30-35 euros each one way.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eshroom, Not bad. Cannot wait to get on snow now, bring on Christmas eve!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sasha320 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is parking outside the hotel?

I don't think the hotel has its own parking area, but outdoor parking in AdH is free (or at least it was last time I needed it). There's a few spaces opposite the hotel, but the big car parks aren't far away.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpinebud wrote:
Oh and can I ask....Is everyone else going expert skiers or will I have people to improve on the reds with?

Alpinebud, don't worry, there's always a mix of abilities and sliding styles with snowHeads trips (is this a 'bash'?, not sure it qualifies ... not sure what would qualify it?).
I'm sure you'll find company on the slopes - I'm up for the kind of pootle-about you've mentioned, especially during the first couple of days as I don't know the area at all.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes bring on Christmas eve!! Not sure I know what a bash is I'm looking forward to seeing if this is one! Very Happy

Swoosh: shall we book a lesson ahead or see when we get there? Is anyone else around the same level wanting to join?

Thanks Flowa, your pootle is probably faster than mine Wink my goal is to get from the top to the bottom on the last day though and I don't think you can avoid blacks at the top snowHead

How does it work with taxi Payment? Deposit from here then pay on the day?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
3 days in Alpe d'Huez from Millan
http://vimeo.com/33491757
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alpinebud wrote:
How does it work with taxi Payment? Deposit from here then pay on the day?

Can anyone that wants a Taxi transfer on day one reply here so we can be sure of numbers, I will then book something up (we appear to have 6 Swoosh, SkiTigger, Alpinebud, kabby minkers and me).

I'm happy to pay, and you can pay me back at the resort, but I want everyone to 100% confirm they are in before I do so.

Currently one way is:

6 seater is 34 euros each
7 seater is 29 euros each
8 seater no longer available

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 19-12-11 19:33; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
harrisontherabbit wrote:
what time would you looking to leave Dorset on Boxing Day? Resistance may indeed be futile........

Probably early early am - to get there the same day, traffic should be light & as its Monday we'll hopefully miss the weekend rush.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
eshroom, hi all its kabby...... yes can you put me down for the Taxi Transfer please..... also I am getting the easybus from Central London to luton Airport...But Can drive/Park if anyone else In the Central London area fancies it cheers all Danny
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry guys, my circumstances have changed and I am no longer able to come along.... seriously gutted as I REALLY want to be in the snow
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bummer!

Actually I didn't realise you hadn't paid and thought you were fully committed to coming: oops Confused
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah not sure how that happened?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sad your Xmas has been 'downgraded' though Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
eshroom, Yep I'll confirm a taxi place please
snow conditions
So far 100% confirmed for a taxi transfer Grenoble -> Alpe D'Huez at 10.20AM:

eshroom
Alpinebud
kabby
minkers
SkiTigger
swoosh
fezza
WellySki0009
Full @ 29 euros per person.

Confirmed for the return leg Alpe D'huez -> Grenoble at 4PM

eshroom
minkers
harvie
kabby
SnowReason
Space for 3 more - it looks like it's just us five at 38 euros per person.

Anyone else wanting to get in this cab please let me know. If we need two cabs (different times) we can try and split at an additional cost - though if we get 2 groups of 6 it could work.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 20-12-11 14:12; edited 10 times in total
snow conditions
Cptsideways, Thanks. However, events are conspiring against me at the moment, and it's not looking like I'll be able to make it. Sad Will let you know if things change.
snow conditions
eshroom, I'm 100% for the taxi transfer.
ski holidays
Why do I keep looking at this thread !
latest report
Can those interested also confirm if they'd like to hop on for the return taxi at 4PM?

Cheers

Alex
snow conditions
eshroom, yes. I'll go for the taxi ride. Is the 38 return or 1 way? If it is one way only, isn't bensbus transfer cheaper? Or is there any downside with bensbus?
ski holidays
swoosh It is one way. Are you interested in the return leg too? Ben's bus is a bit cheaper at the moment (unless we fill the taxi in both directions in which case the price is pretty much the same). But the taxi is more convenient (door-to-door and much quicker - ben's bus has quite a few stops, especially on the way back as it goes through resorts in a loop).

If you join the return taxi leg, we will only need 3 more on the return leg to commit for the price to equal ben's bus.

New price 34 each for the 6 of us going up - but we would need 6 on the way back too.
snow report
Hum... My rtn flight is 16:15. So I need to set off earlier than 16:00.

I think I need to get the bensbus on return.
snow conditions
I think you know this is not the way to be thinking about this harrisontherabbit.

Smokin Joe, because she loves you and only wants the best for you Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hey all, ready to book everything....

looking at getting the liverpool flight to arrive by 0850 on the 24th.... Am I correct there is still a space on the taxi from grenoble?...ie making me the 7th?

If so I'm in!

Just a single for me please though I'm bensbussing home.
latest report
fezza wrote:
Hey all, ready to book everything....

looking at getting the liverpool flight to arrive by 0850 on the 24th.... Am I correct there is still a space on the taxi from grenoble?...ie making me the 7th?

If so I'm in!

Just a single for me please though I'm bensbussing home.

Cool. We're full on the way up to Alpe D'Huez.

Would you like a place on the way back? (And for that matter does anyone else?)
latest report
Sorry,
but to confirm, are you saying you're full WITH me, or full already?

No ride back to the airport thanks, Im on a morning flight on the 31st.
snow report
Eshroom. I would be in for the return taxi at 4pm - it looks like it will be bensbus on the way in for me unless a few more end up landing around the same time but for the return you can definitely count me in.

Alpinebud and Swoosh. I was also considering booking up at Masterclass, the reviews are all good so I'd join for a private lesson. If we decide to go with them it might be worth us trying to book ahead as they only seem quite small, what do you think Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can Moo who pm'd me re joing us driving out give me a ring please 07970 642129 anytime till late is fine.

Whats the deal for staying Saturday night? We saw the 2000 new year in out there & it was a great night, drive back Sunday would be ideal... if poss...??
latest report
I'd be in for joining you Capt. and stay NYE.

NYE at home is always overhyped!
Any possibility of some of us doing this?

As soon as this is sorted I'll book everything...
snow report
eshroom I could be up for the return taxi at 16:00, that would be four Happy

Harvie, Alpinebud and Swoosh. I'm also tempted with a private lesson, I've only just started skiing again after a rather long break and I appear to have forgotten stuff like 'not falling over on the flat stuff'.

admin, You mentioned earlier about getting a possible deal on the lift pass price, any further information on that?
ski holidays
fezza, in with you Smile

Harvie, added you to the list for the way back Smile

100% confirmed for the return leg Alpe D'huez -> Grenoble at 4PM on the 31st

eshroom
minkers
harvie
kabby
SnowReason
2 spaces still available.

If there's only five of us on the return, it will be 38 euros each, is that OK with everyone?

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 19-12-11 22:50; edited 2 times in total
latest report
I believe the hotel is full for new year.
If you were going to stay up all night though...
latest report
harvie, SnowReason and Alpinebud. I think Masterclass pricing is a bit confusing... say 2 hrs for 1-2 is 140 euro. and go up to 180 for 3-4 people... and it said price per person.

I'll find out if we have to book in advance... am I save to say 4 of us to have private lesson?
snow conditions
admin wrote:
I think you know this is not the way to be thinking about this harrisontherabbit.

Yeah, but..... Some of us have a life outside snowHeads, ya know?* And much as I'd love a part week of Espresso, Emmental and Epic, it might mean having to miss out on over a week of Goulasch, Groestl and Gnarl. What can I do.....?

*Who am I trying to kid?
ski holidays
Swoosh, I think it's important for small private lessons that we're similar in standard, an as we haven't seen each other ski maybe we'd better quickly mention what we each want to get out of lessons. [history] I skied for 10 years until 1995 when I just stopped, at that point it was mostly piste reds, blacks, bumps etc. spool on 15 years and I start skiing again and they give me short fat ski's everything is way steeper than I remember my balance is shot, I can't edge and so on, I appear to be be back firmly in the intermediate slot [/history], so I want an instructor to identify problems with stance/body position on turn initiation through completion to achieve nice carved long and short radius turns. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I can't get to Liverpool airport by 4am for the 6am flight, so I'm gonna be there from about 11pm the previous night!
snow report
fezza, Hardcore, I like it!!
snow report
SnowReason, Swoosh, Harvie, I was thinking the same about the lesson. No point watching someone get taught how to snowplough when you want to know how to ski like the guys in the video above. As for me....only 2 trips under my belt but been told I've learnt fast. I can parallel (in a crude beginner way of course) I'm happy on reds and would like someone to improve everything really! The last thing I'd want is to hold anyone back so am happy enough to have my own lesson if needs be
ski holidays
ha, I prefer committed.... makes me sound less of a nutcase
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy