Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What piste is Rond Point on in Meribel?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
Just a quickie,,,,,,off to Meribel in 4 days Very Happy Very Happy
Can anyone tell me where the "Ronnie" is Puzzled
What piste/lift is Rond Point on in Meribel?
Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le Rond Point, aka The Ronny, above Méribel Centre at the Rond Point des Pistes (marked on the piste map)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
About 100m below the mid-station of the Rhodos lift on the right as you're going downhill. The Rhodos always closes half an hour later than other Meribel lifts specifically to allow people to still get to the Ronnie (or home to Meribel Village) if coming back from other areas.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How weird. Does anybody apart from the Brits call it 'The Ronnie'?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Does anybody apart from the Brits call it 'The Ronnie'?

Laughing And does anybody apart from the Brits patronise that bar where their "Happy Hour" drinks prices exceed any charged at unhappy hours in many French resorts?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, When we were there 2 years ago it was full of ESF instructors, so yes!

(Although its true its not a cultural melting pot, nice position for an apres bar though!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking forward to my first drink at the Ronnie this year, although I prefer Scotts most evenings pretty soon after
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cant wait to get to the Ronnie for beers and hopefully Mullit in 34 days time!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just tell them "I'm at seasonnaire at <insert>", gets the price right down!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ahh Mac22 that ended last year I believe, all the seasonairres in Meribel have wristbands now =[

the Ronnie is class tho, hit it up on a Wednesday. Ive never moshed before....in ski gear.....inc boots.....truly terrifying on beer washed wood floors! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ronnies is one of my fav bars of all time
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Many Thanks
See you there in Feb hopefully snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As mentioned, it's just below the mid-station of the Rhodos Gondola, on the 'Rhodos' green piste just where it joins up with the 'Foret' green piste.

This video might help. The top station of the Rhodos Gondola is at 2:00, mid station of the Rhodos Gondola is at 3:20, and the Rond Point is just of to the right at 3:40.

http://youtube.com/v/8PLvBGNOwG4

Hope that helps Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers Shoneyman
Good vids...GoPro?
Will you return to Meribel?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No probs Very Happy

Yeh, that was taken with a standard (non-HD) GoPro. Just used my new HD GoPro last week in Selva, the results are totally unbelievable, and actually make this video look a bit rubbish!

I'd definitely go back to Meribel. Of the 7 ski holidays I've been on, it's 2nd on my 'repeats' list of places I'd go back to (after Zermatt). It was an excellent holiday. Brilliant resort, excellent ski area, and perfectly placed within the 3 valleys to explore every corner. I really liked it I must admit.

If you've any other questions (favourite pistes, bars etc) just give me a shout, hopefully I'll be able to help Cool
snow conditions
shoneyman wrote:
No probs Very Happy

Yeh, that was taken with a standard (non-HD) GoPro. Just used my new HD GoPro last week in Selva, the results are totally unbelievable, and actually make this video look a bit rubbish!

Magic aye?
I saw that in your Selva Val Gardena video Going green Envy... wink

Kindred spirits
I have the GoPro Wristcam: standard def. But I hired one from Andy (Ansta) infiniteimages.co.uk on here for meribel in Dec
You're right about the quality....I want one now...lol, gonna try being bit more creative next time, some time lapse & multi-shots etc
Some footage here..Std Hero & Hero HD2 .
http://www.youtube.com/user/colelynch?feature=guide
Where did you buy yours?
We can get 10% discount via this forum for any GoPro kit from Dogcam or these dudes.... http://skidvdstore.co.uk/

Was Zermatt good then??.........I'm back to Meribel on 18th Feb to explore the blue pistes with my boy. Love the 3 Valleys
snowHead
ski holidays
Oops, just realised the original post was dated December, and not January (as I had thought). Ach well, I suppose my directions were better late than never Embarassed

Aye, notice a huge difference between the standard and HD models. Glad you enjoyed the Selva video Very Happy

I bought mines on Ebay, through a shop called 'Chaos Surf' somewhere in the South of England. It was £260, but that was back in Feb last year. I'd imagine it'll be a lot cheaper now, especially with the HD2 coming out. Didn't really use it much last year, but I plan on using it a lot more this year, especially for mountain biking.

What I have found is that both the standard and HD models (and I'd imagine the HD2 as well) give much better results in sunny conditions, in particular when the sun is actually shining on the piste. If the piste is in shade, it tends to not look anything like as impressive. But then I suppose it's just putting across what the naked eye sees. That's only for skiing though, don't know how it'll react to mountain biking!

Not had time to check out your videos yet, but I'll definitely have a look. I tend not to bother with editing, background music etc, just put it across 'as is'!

Yeh Zermatt was amazing. There's been other resorts that have been better for particular things, but Zermatt just seemed to have the entire package. really hope to go back there in the next few years, although there's also so many other new places I want to try. Life's too short Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy