Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Les Menuires 2011/2012 snow reports

Poster: A snowHead
123_456, we were down at Mottaret earlier and felt that the pistes leading down to it were absolutely heaving. In fact there were loads of people about across that area of mountain, and we got as far as the top of the Jersusalem (which was closed and had been for some time)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crêtes and Choucas were good during midday and nobody there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

The day started with clouds and ended with clouds and in between there was sunshine. At the end of the day a mix of rain and snow at 2000 meter. The snow at the higher pistes is improving, but lower pistes started to be slushy in the early afternoon. Strong winds from the south (Lombarde and Fohn) and some altocumulus lenticular clouds.

see other pictures of this day at :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629420870392/
please feel free to comment or “share” or “retweet” this link
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

Last night and this morning it snowed. The snow fell as low as 1100 meter. The total amount of snow at 2000 meter was about 20 cm and 25-30 cm at the summits. At midday there some sunny intervals and at the end of the afternoon again light snowfall and a lot of fog. It toke some time this morning before all lifts were open. The pistes were hardly prepared and during the first hour there was virgin snow everywhere. This spring snow is very wet and after some hours all pistes were very bumpy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629791090687/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Clouds and sunshine that alternated during the day. Temperature was a few degrees above zero. Several pistes had very good snow regarding the time of the season.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629801146961/
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.

Bad weather, fog, some light snowfall and a temperature just above zero.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629808036773/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
123_456, wonderful picture! Very Happy
Did your leg hold up well through the season, after last year's accident?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pedantica

I have skied every day under all conditions, but not as fast as before. At the of the day it is painful. Now my wife have to wait for me, before I have to wait for her. Since 2 weeks i have new skiboots and these boots gives me more support.

Thanks for your attention.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
123_456, at least you have skied every day - well done! I'm sure you will overcome the shame of being slower than your wife! wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

A misery day with continuous light snowfall, low hanging clouds and a lot of fog.
The pistes above 2500 meter have nice fresh snow. Below that altitude there was slush.
It was very quiet and going down from 3000 to 2000 meter there were only 5 other skiers on the pistes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629814920429/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

The misery weather continued also today. There is excellent snow on the higher pistes, but the visibility was very poor. Between 2100 and 2800 meters there was a dense fog and sometimes you could hardly see the tips of your skis. During short periods there was some minor snowfall.
At 16.00 monsieur le Maire André Plaisance of St Martin des Bellevilles opened the children’s festival “ Boule des Notes”. After the opening followed a show : the slapsticks of Mr and Mrs Boule de Notes, the harmony of the guitarist Pierre Castellan and the magic characters of Act Show will bring you into the Quidams Company and their show : The Dream of Herbert. Five draped silhouettes are coming together. Half-stars, half-humans, they change and transform the site into a milky way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629823885993/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

The weather differed not much from yesterday. Again dense fog and very good snow on the higher pistes. The world becomes very small while skiing in the dense fog. The only orientation are the poles along the pistes. Most people suffer from nausea under this conditions. The weather forecast predicted some improvement at the end of the day, but this forecast did not came out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629831259085/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

“Retour du Soleil” : after 4 days the sun returned. It was a fantastic sunny day, partly clouded, with well prepared pistes and everywhere fresh snow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629475966472/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Strange recalling your pics and posts this time last year 123_456. What a difference in terms of cover etc.

Thanks again for sharing things this year - thoroughly enjoyable snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

The day started with fog and snowfall. At 11.00 hour the sky opened and there was sunshine from time to time. However it was skiing between and through the clouds with sometimes sun and sometimes fog.
Some pistes were excellent, completely flat, hard underground and a toplayer of fresh snow for a fine grip.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629483553176/
snow conditions

Skiing through the cloud tops. The whole morning snowfall and fog. In the afternoon some sporadic openings in the cloudcover with sunshine. Again a new fresh snow and along the piste Moraine in Val Thorens 30 cm of powdersnow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629489184894/
latest report

Again snowfall during the night and the morning and in the afternoon some sunshine.
Excellent conditions will remain with relative low temperatures and fresh snow every night. It is hard to believe that it is already April.

On the picture you can see the 5 snowlayers that were created during this week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157629496777960/
ski holidays

With regret we left today Les Menuires and that means for us “end of the season” and for you no more pictures. The season in the 3-Valleys will last 1 week more and for Val Thorens 2 weeks. Above 2000 meter there is a lot of good snow. I hope that I gave you during 118 days a honest impression of the weather and the snow conditions and that you enjoyed it. I wish you a beautiful summer and I hope to post again during the season 2012/2013.

To remember the 3-Valleys I have composed a video clip with several restaurants and terraces. See :
http://youtube.com/v/Do3kqFhQDhM
ski holidays
Thanks 123_456, your photos are great! We enjoyed them on the run up to our visit in March. Off to Cervinia next week, can you go there for the next few days and take a few pics, it would be a great help wink

See you next year! xx
snow report
123_456, Thanks for your great reports. Have a good summer, looking forward to seeing you return next season.
snow report
123_456, thanks so much, as ever. Have a great summer! Very Happy
snow report
123_456, thanks again for this years pictures, a daily must for me, brings back memories of Meribel in January. Looking forward to next years thread already!
snow report
Sitting in Geneva Airport, also on our way home from a fantastic week in Les Menuires. The snow was the best I can remember at this time of year. Skiing through knee deep powder in VT on Thursday, and that was on the piste!!!

There should be great conditions for the EOSB this week.

Thanks for the daily photos 123_456.

Look forward to them again next year?

have a great summer.
snow report
Really enjoyed your updates.

Thanks for the time taken to share them.
ski holidays
Thanks everybody!
I have made a selection of 100 pictures of the season 2011/2012

http://youtube.com/v/aLqFhx4MHFg
snow report
123_456, lovely selection of photos and perfect music selection too, very ethereal..
snow conditions
123_456, Thanks, excellent as always. Looking forward to next season already!
ski holidays
Yesterday, June 7th, there was still snow in Val Thorens

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes , going there in a week or so. Wonder if I can get a sneaky ski in!
ski holidays
emwmarine, Doubt anything will be open, unless you go hiking!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy