Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arc's "Festiveness"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been supping a nice glass of Mulled Wine and was wandering if Les Arcs is "festive". For example, I really want to try Eggnogg and would be great to try this on the slopes. I have never been to resort that offers this sort of thing, especially on the slopes (usually a beer and a Mars Bar)
Im staying at 1950, so hoping that will add to the "winter wonderland", but does Les Arcs have quaint stuff hapeninng? If so, what sort of stuff do they offer that is different froim the smaller/les formed resorts (bulgaria etc)

thanks. (sorry for all the " "'s)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Assuming you mean alcoholic eggnogg 'on the slopes' then please, please don't do it!!
The Les Arcs Piste Patrol will have you in the cells quicker than you can say 'who's nicked my gloves'.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not too bothered about the drunkiness of things, But just hoping LA has things the quiter resorts Ive been to dont offer. Ive heard 1950 sometime put on fireworks at night etc etc. Eggnogg at night is fine. I never drink ski.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jon Ford, There is an events calendar available at reception each week, but as a minimum for outdoor stuff you'll have toasted marshmallows at the fire-pit ( sat eve 5pm), a torchlit descent that you can participate in (Fri eve iirc) , and a family ski race ( Friday afternoon).

There's usually at least one other evening's entertainment outdoors, it just depends "what's on" for your week.
Fireworks used to be every week, but the expense was such that we've cut back to Christmas, New Year's Eve, Russian New Year, and possibly Paddy's weekend. Not times when you are around I don't think from previous posts.

AR

edit
( and blatant sales plug...)

look here for Christmas in the streets: http://blog.pierreetvacances.com/actualite/noel-station-village/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi Arctic Roll, cheers for the info. Sounds nice. Cant wait to stay at 1950 - will deff be the nicest resort we have been to. Will deffinately jump in on the marshmellow wtc - all helps make the holiday. Thanks again and prob see you in Feb. (do you work/own a bar there??)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon Ford, no, but for my sins I'm heavily involved in both the apartment owners' group as well as the village council. So not out there in Feb: Jan and April only unfortunately!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
allanm wrote:
Assuming you mean alcoholic eggnogg 'on the slopes' then please, please don't do it!!
The Les Arcs Piste Patrol will have you in the cells quicker than you can say 'who's nicked my gloves'.

You jest? I am going there in February for a "dress as Bin Laden" themed stag week, and we will all be on the pop.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
blahblahblah, i do have a tipple or 2 but dont over do it on the slopes as dont want to break mine or someone else bones! what date u goin in feb - we are there 4-11th. i'll look out 4 bin laden if u there same time
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jon Ford, Hi Jon, we are going 2-6 Th , I will PM you nearer the time. I do not have any details as we are staying at someone's apartment, and being men have not shared any information.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nice one blahblahblah, may see you on the slopes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Ice Cream Treat is laying on a bit thick - all the places on the slopes serve booze and vin chaud/genepi is almost forced down your throat. I've never seen anyone nicked for boozing yet. That said, skiing pissed is for mugs. If you want 'quaint' try Chalet de l'arc above 1950 or Belliou la Fumee at Pre St Esprit
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks RattytheSnowRat,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy