Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Setting Marker Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We bought the wife some new skis today and after a bit of deliberation decided on K2 Super Sweets with Marker ER3 bindings as they seemed to match her ability and aspirations. The bindings were set up by the shop based on the info and boots we provided. I always like to check stuff like this and according to the internet the DIN should be 5 but was set to 6 which is easy enough to re-set. What I can't work out or find any info on is the position of the bindings on the ski. The front binding has two sets of markings which line up with 271 and 290 whereas the rear binding only has one set of markings and lines up with 278. Her shell size is 286. Previously there has been a mark on the boot to line up with the ski but not on these. Any clues whether this is correct?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try them on snow. ?
If the DINs are all set correct, and the forward pressure, thne the overall fore-aft position will be a matter of taste, not safety.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lampbus wrote:
Try them on snow. ?
If the DINs are all set correct, and the forward pressure, thne the overall fore-aft position will be a matter of taste, not safety.

Spot on.Sounds as if the boot size falls between fixed marks,and the ski tech has fitted at a comprimise position as he would have to(which will be roughly mid ski)Any slight fore,or aft,will have little discernable effect on the ski.Far more important is the DIN and forward pressure,as lampbus rightly points out
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy