Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski service/ waxing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought a cheap set of skis from ebay(£50 for some salomon streetracers) not in the best of nick but the bases look ok to my untrained eye. They have a thick coat of rough wax on the base. Whats the best thing to do with them before i try ski on them? only plan to mess about maybe indoor or if we have a bit of snow over winter head up to weardale or somewhere for a play.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like storage wax to me. Indoor snow will rip it off in no time. There are those that say you ruin the prep if you don't scrape. Get a perspex scraper and scrape off the excess. Polish a bit with a brass brush if being really fussy. No one dies either way!

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The thick coat of wax could be storeage wax ( usually done at the end of the season) best idea is to scrape off as much as possible, and see if there are any major guages, if only light scratches then they will be ok for what youre doin. If major guages then get the p-tex out wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So just scrape off and they will run ok? thats easier than thought it might be
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, in a nutshell. The fact that they did have storage wax on them suggests they have been loved - a good sign.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish wrote:
Sounds like storage wax to me. Indoor snow will rip it off in no time. snowHead

Spot on.Storage or,more likely,a prep wax,that has been left un-scraped.If your first use will be a dome then don't bother....nothing lasts long on granular ice!
Sounds like you intend to use them purely for indoor and messing about Cool For indoor,get some Polar X(rock hard and a bitch to scrape) For messing outdoors pretty much any general wax(or just use Polar,lasts longer) And if you wish to probe the black art of ski prep....look for any post by Spyderjon wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy