Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My gf and I are thinking of going to la rosiere for a week with ski Olympic at the start of Jan. Gf is happy cruising reds and will do blacks ok. I will ski everything and starting to do more off piste.

Is la rosiere good? Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of things that are good about it...
the chairs are soooo sllllooooowww that you get plenty of chance to recover and sit back an enjoy the ride,
the wind is so strong that there's no chance of ever getting too warm however many layers you wear,
the runs are all exactly the same so you get plenty of chance to practice, though you never actually feel that you are going anywhere Confused

Do I sense that you've not been on the forum very long k1orange?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Little bit flat and strung-out, but some nice runs.

Some drag lifts required.

Can have very mixed weather - location right on the Petit Saint bernard pass gives plenty of snow, but can also be incredibly windy. Many runs are south-facing, so snow conditions can change rapidly.

Generally quieter slopes than the likes of Val d'Isere, but can be some queues on the bottlenecks to/from Italy (e.g. Fort chair).

Best runs are on the Italian side in my opinion.

Best for intermediate, cruisy skiers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone mentioned it links with La Thuile pylons go white red green, cruisy resort nice in town. Take black 3 to the village if looking for a warm up.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
k1orange, I went this year (Feb) with my family just to see what all the fuss was about. stevomcd has hit the nail on the head. Its also noticeably cheaper than surrounding french resorts and with some nice restaurants too. We found the dryest snow on the Italian side and really the best conditions but if the link had been closed and we could only have skied on the La Ros side then we would still have had an enjoyable time. If you intend to heli ski (Italy) then book early as it was very busy when we went
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
k1orange, firstly there are a lot more lifts in Espace San Bernardo than Ste Foy, there are 38 lifts in the area of which 11 are button lifts, there is over 3,500 hectares of ski area and over 150 kms of pistes. Ski Olympic provide ski hosting so you'll be able to get the most from the area, be sure to get an Espace San Bernardo ski-pass for both France and Italy. There's a special offer for January ski-passes, see www.larosiere.net for details, but the ski-pass is already gerat value at Euros 176.00 for 6 days for both France and Italy. January like just about everywhere in the Alps can be cold and a lot of the domaine is above the tree-line so wind can be a problem up on the Col de Petit San Bernardo but there are lots of other areas and the ski-hosts are usually very experienced so they will find the best conditions. I'm sure you'll have a great time Ski Olympic are a very well run company abd they have been associated with village for many years their first chalet was in La Rosiere .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
k1orange, It was like this when we went a few years ago............................

Then 2 days later the view from Ski Olympic's Chalet Oliver was like this......................

Fantastic snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd be more tempted to stay over in La Thuile if I had the option. The best thing about La Rosiere, as a place to ski, is it's proximity to the Italian side.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, depending on what pass you buy it is also possible to ski a day each at Pila and Courmayeur at no extra cost(except the bus) which in my opinion is well worth it as La Rosiere is a bit monotonous if windy as they stop the bloody long drag to the Italian side which is a bit more interesting, again only my opinion. Look out for the restaurant that loans you slippers, the food is great and so is the mad alcoholic dessert drink they serve, cannot remember what it was called, don't think I cared at the time, we all had three! Its located on one of the reds that runs top to bottom on the Italian side, if memory serves me correctly its numbered 5 or 6 and goes in what looks like a loop to the left but its actually passing round the mountain, probably a road normally and more like a blue than a red in good conditions. Have a great time. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ivor Shed wrote:
I'm sure you'll have a great time Ski Olympic are a very well run company abd they have been associated with village for many years their first chalet was in La Rosiere .

Trust the names not descriptive of the chalets wink
Quote:
Do I sense that you've not been on the forum very long k1orange?

There is history wink Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The town is very nice, almost classy Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lilywhite wrote:
Look out for the restaurant that loans you slippers, the food is great and so is the mad alcoholic dessert drink they serve, cannot remember what it was called, don't think I cared at the time, we all had three! Its located on one of the reds that runs top to bottom on the Italian side, if memory serves me correctly its numbered 5 or 6 and goes in what looks like a loop to the left but its actually passing round the mountain, probably a road normally and more like a blue than a red in good conditions. Have a great time. Very Happy

Sounds like Le Riondet - great lunch stop snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
k1orange, We went to La Rosiere with Ski Olympic for Christmas '09 and stayed in the Quatre Saisons which was their very first chalet. It's a little bit out of the way at the bottom of the resort but the three-way bus service is very good (the hot tub was a big plus!). Most of the other chalets are more central, anyway you won't go wrong with Ski Olympic - excellent company. They had up to 3 ski guides each day when we were there to cater for different levels.

There will be enough skiing for one week even if you don't get over to La Thuile - and that might happen because of the dreaded wind which is one of the few minus points of this place. You'd be unlucky for the link to be closed for all 6 days though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CP wrote:
lilywhite wrote:
Look out for the restaurant that loans you slippers, the food is great and so is the mad alcoholic dessert drink they serve, cannot remember what it was called, don't think I cared at the time, we all had three! Its located on one of the reds that runs top to bottom on the Italian side, if memory serves me correctly its numbered 5 or 6 and goes in what looks like a loop to the left but its actually passing round the mountain, probably a road normally and more like a blue than a red in good conditions. Have a great time. Very Happy

Sounds like Le Riondet - great lunch stop snowHead

...and the run is the Petit StBanardino Pass out of season. It feels odd driving down something you've skied.

The Aosta valley resorts are linked by ski bus and it's free with AostaVally ski pass although I don'tknow if it works with the SanBarnabino pass and you'd be hard pressed to use them from LaRos' due to the timings. Only 2 each way per day between LaThuile and Courmayer from memory so you might have trouble getting back in time for the link over the top.

LaRos is pretty limited without the link to LaThuile but good with it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy