Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Righty, advice needed again please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Righty, I'm relatively new to this skiing lark , only been a few times so I need some advice please.

I'm hoping to go skiing on the 21st of January. Last year I went on the second week of January, booked my chalet very late and it was very cheap.

That was in La Tania with Ski Amis ( brilliant, cannot recommend highly enough). I booked on the Friday and flew on the Saturday.

Are the same tactics going to work for the 20th? Or will it be significantly busier?

How hard is it to get transfers mid week? I might be being greedy but there's a chance I could go from the 19th until the 28th. This would only work if there were available beds in a chalet and I could get up the mountain. I might be being greedy but an extra couple of days would be great.

If I was going to Morzine I could use the express but the snow could be dodge because of the altitude. Are there any similar services to other big areas?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm fairly sure you could pick up a great deal on a package holiday (flights, transfers, accomm) at very short notice if you are a little flexible. This season more than most there should be fantastic late deals to be had. Take it from someone who booked up months ago and paid a pretty penny,
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sean1967, a last minute booking should be fine, provided you're flexible. A mid week booking is likely to be more difficult - but more likely to be possible very late in the day, if there are spaces that providers want to sell. Getting up the mountain is likely to be less of a problem than finding a bed for a non-standard period, but if you did find somewhere, the place you are staying would be able to advise about transfers. Just be aware that independent transfers can be quite expensive.

Nearer the time you'll have a good idea of where the snow is - everywhere, hopefully.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sean1967 wrote:

If I was going to Morzine I could use the express but the snow could be dodge because of the altitude.

What tosh, we have a fantastic snow record.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sean1967, If you can find the mid-week accommodation, there are a number of Austrian areas that can be reached by train from Innsbruck or Salzburg (although you do need a 5-15 minute bus to the train station from the Airport)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DallyPaul wrote:

What tosh, we have a fantastic snow record.

I went to Morzine in Jan 09 and had a great holiday and I would go back in future. There was decent snow on the mountains it did tend to bucket down with rain at town level and just above. Schlepping through town carrying your skis in the rain is not nice at all. Slidding about on the ice on your way home after troughing too many Mutzig is worse.

A touchy bunch the PDS crowd. wink

Looking braw so far .....................http://www.morzine-avoriaz.com/webcams.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy