Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas Gift. A heli day, but how much?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mrs jbob asked if I would like a heli,drop for Xmas.

Yes please.

I have no idea what a day heli skiing in say Courmayeur, or Grand St Bernard might cost, and I suspect neither has mrs jbob. Anyone know, or have suggestions for a good outfit.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jbob, This won't be lot of help.

I'm guessing around EU 350 per head (guessing as we have a private arrangement that makes it cheaper).

I'm not aware of any outfit in Aoste that organises Non- group lifts: that is, what we've done is you get a party of 4 riders and hire a guide who can organise the helo - not simply turn up at the landing site and ask for a "day ticket".

I am informed that Val di Grisenche is best.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I'm guessing around EU 350 per head

that doesn't sound bad; better value than a root canal filling or two at around the same price! My mother in law had a small 6 minute local-anaesthetic surgical procedure yesterday that cost nearly 3 times that price. Shocked

Sounds a great present. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Better than the hunter Wellies I have been promised. Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Shocked I had a wisdom tooth out yesterday for £47 courtesy of the NHS. I thought that was a bargain (though I cannot say that I'm the happiest today. Wink )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
James the Last, well at least you didn't waste the cost of a day's heli-skiing! Hope it feels better soon. I had one out a couple of years ago and it was actually no problem at all - a very skilled and petite female dentist, who took her time and used skill rather than brute strength. But she's gone now - sailing round the world with dentist hubby and two small kids on a 50 foot yacht to which we all contributed. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob, if it's €350 go for it, seems quite reasonable. Just been quoted £610 for 3 uplifts and £720 for 5 with RK-heli in Canada if that helps put it in perspective.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Google aoste heloski to find valgrisenche heli ski, but it really looks like you have to find the group yourself.n thinks get very very pricey if you are on your own. Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob, You could have a look at Riksgransen in Sweden. You can book individual seats there. I think the website is mountainguide.se, but if you google it you will be able to find it. We went there for May weekend, and had a great time. Excellent guides, really enjoyed the heli, and there is some nice skiing, especially if you are willing to hike. Their costs vary, depending on number of lifts and area you ski in, but memory has it starting at €275 for 3.

We took flights with Norwegian up to Narvik which were very good value. I would also say that flying in is absolutely stunning, as is some of the driving...very strange leaving a party at 3:30 in the morning and the sun is still in the sky. Strange but good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
try chamonix heli ski one uplift 1000 m 500 euros for 4 approx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy