Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon SPK Buckle Fix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have a pair of Salomon SPK's. One of the buckles has broken, Salomon has kindly sent me a replacement.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to replace it? Is it safer for me to take the boot and spare buckle to a shop?

Any help would be great.

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get it taken into a shop, it's a pretty easy fix but they will have the relevant tools to sort it. They might charge you a couple of quid or just do it for free if there nice enough. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BlueBird13, If you are in striking distance of Bicester www.solutions4feet.co.uk may be able to help. Give them a call as this time of year an appointment may be neccesary.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, I hope haggistrap doesn't see you plug wink

Why would you need to take a boot to a boot"fitter" to get a repair done to a buckle?

any ski shop worth their salt can do this. any person with the correct tool can do this. In fact, any person with the correct tool can do any job in the world they like as long as they have a little understanding.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, 'cos CEM has a fully equipped workshop for doing all sorts of adjustments to race boots and so on and thus has the experience to do the job well.
Why would anyone object to me pointing out a good place to answer the question posed in the OP?

If it was about transfers I would point out www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk who I personnaly reccomend from experience of transfers.
Similarly for Insurance I would reccomend www.Dogtag.co.uk who once again I would reccomend from experience of having a claim.

Surely this what the skiing/boarding side of the snowHeads forum is about?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, gotcha!!!

Laughing

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82897

sorry... snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you have the right tools it is a 2 second job. But if you are not sure any reasonable boot fitter / Ski Shop should be able to do it for you.

Boredsurfing, I think shoogly, may be reffering to a previous post
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers guys. Fattes13, What tools would I need to use? If I have them about the house I'll have a crack at it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BlueBird13, is the buckle riveted on or screwed on, if riveted, you will need to drill out the rivet with a 4or5mm drill bit....remove liners and don't drill though other bits other than the rivet

the replacement clip was probably supplied with a screw in rivet or two, simple to insert them all you need is a screwdriver and care not to strip the prongs off the T nut for the back

we rarely use press rivets any more (only for warranty work when the boot is new or for ankles etc,) all hardware is attached using screws and T nuts
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy