Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage Doofers yet again, but a quick question

Poster: A snowHead
andyph,

Please do, will be very interested
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
elj221c wrote:
Does anybody have an idea of how long the battery lasts in the APRR 'doofer'? I have had mine now since January '09 and wonder if I should send it back to have a new battery before I drive out this season.

I'm with sanef and they are currently offering to swop over 5 year old doofers for a new mini one free of charge. Have a poke around on the APRR website and see if they are doing the same or pop into an APRR sales office at the tolls.

BTW My doofer is 5 years old does 8/9 trips every year and is still going strong Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Has anybody got a link to the APRR "english" web site? I know there was one when I got my doofer last year but I can't find it from the french one now.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a doofer too not used it yet. but did get some paperwork through , am I correct in thinking you have to activate it first via their website for it to work?
Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blas, it should be all set up ready to work when you go through that first toll booth.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
adithorp http://www.aprr.com/en/index.html
?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what I did when I ordered mine yesterday was use the French version with Google chrome which automatically translates everything for you - also works for logging in and looking at the FAQ,
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dont forget you can get doofers in England here:
www.saneftolling.co.uk

Based in Yorkshire!
Quote:
All of Sanef Tollings IT systems are located in the UK, so customers can enjoy UK based customer service from Sanef Tollings service centre in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing wrote:
adithorp http://www.aprr.com/en/index.html
?

No thats not it. I found that one but it's more a general company web-site. When I got mine last year there was a site promoting the doofers to UK tourists.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyph wrote:
elj221c, I've had mine since 2005. I'll let you know if it's still working in about 11 weeks... Shocked

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. Andy, I will find out before you! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
adithorp,
Quote:

When I got mine last year there was a site promoting the doofers to UK tourists.

Possibly been handed over to saneftolling UK?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, unlikely as SANEF and APRR are separate companies.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boredsurfing wrote:
adithorp,
Quote:

When I got mine last year there was a site promoting the doofers to UK tourists.

Possibly been handed over to saneftolling UK?

The APRR deal last year gave you a discount off your first months tolls equal to the deposit for the doofer so was a better deal than the SANEF one.
I was going to pass the details of both on to my kit car tour mates for this summer. 10 cars going through toll booths and trying to stay together gets a bit chaotic.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
adithorp, I wonder if they promote it just before the summer?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells wrote:
adithorp, I wonder if they promote it just before the summer?

Could be but it was Jan when I got mine last year. It was a poor excuse for an english version. All "think how much easier you trip would be with a doofer" but then when you cliked the Order button it went to the french site. Que lots of google translate...
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:

But the sanef uk site is promoting Liber-T

Quote:
What is Liber-t?
Liber-t is the French national télépéage scheme for light vehicles operated by the members of ASFA, the association of French motorway operators on behalf of the French government.
snow report
Boredsurfing, all operators in Frabce use Liber-T though, they are just the provider of the equipment.Each road operator has their own contracts and services. Even our local Tyne tunnel uses Liber-T,(our French badge shows up as invalid when we go through) as does the Dartford crossing and I think the Severn bridge.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, The uk sanef site suggest that things may be changing!

Quote:
3.8. Can I use the tag in the UK at Dartford/ M6 toll/ Severn Crossing or in Spain?
Not yet! But watch this space....
snow report
Boredsurfing, if that does happen, I may consider changing to the UK company, just not worth the hassle at the moment.
ski holidays
You can use the Telepeage tags in a number of carparks as well now in France, Lyon Airprort and the Eurostar car park at Lille are two that I know of.
snow report
Thanks to this thread I have finally been able to log in to my space abonnee for our new doofer - thanks again Snowheads! Oh, we looked at the UK website before we bought ours through APRR - it was waay more expensive as I recall.
snow conditions
Fogliettaz wrote:
You can use the Telepeage tags in a number of carparks as well now in France, Lyon Airprort and the Eurostar car park at Lille are two that I know of.

+1 for that, and at the Disneyland Paris car park too.
latest report
Hells Bells wrote:

And also APRR and AREA are seperate companies too even though they share a website and send out joint email newsletters Puzzled as I found out after going out of my way to an Aire with an Espace Cliente as I had a query. I had looked up the location of the nearest office on their website, when I got there the response was that I was an APRR client and this was an AREA office Sad
snow report
The nice people at Sanef wrote to me last week to say that the credit card linked to my account was about to expire this month (actually, the day after we are due to arrive in resort). Actually I knew this, but as their web site only offers the option of a French bank account I was just going to stay schtum and cross my fingers for the return journey. Mais non! They simply asked me to provide a photcopy of a new card and they would change the account. Et voila, I check today and it's been updated. Happy The French - not all bad. wink

Now we just have to see if the batteries are still good after 7 1/2 years... Shocked
ski holidays
andyph, you would be well-advised to call in to the office at the toll booths and change it. New version is nice and small too.
ski holidays
I updated my credit card details with APRR a week ago with no problem, just FYI Sanef now accept direct debit from UK accounts (the fees work out more expensive than APRR) but if you wanted a DD doofer then you can now.
ski holidays
Oh here's the info -> https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/faq/support-Faq.List/#1.0.
latest report
TotallyBoard, we don't do the uk version, strictly Version Originale round here. wink
snow report
 cran
cran
APRR still take cards and if you need to change cards just ring them up (or email if you don't mind sending card details in an email)
ski holidays
HELLLLLLPPPPPPPP

Aprr website is fine, can get through postcode, address looks okay, sure our posties will get it to us.......but paying for it is where I have the questions.

It is €10 but how do I set it up so the ongoing toll charges come out of our french account by way of our RIB. My concern about paying by credit / debit cards from uk is that we will get charged for each transaction and not just the conversion rate at the time. We have a one account with RBS backing it.

Hopefully it is straightforward to set up a RIB and have payment taken directly from our french account as we use it.....we do not have a CB or French CC, just a French cheque book.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
snow report
4020markd, I called in at the AREA office near Albertville with passport, proof of French and English address plus RIB and 10 minutes later I came away with doofer (which worked immediately), quite a lot of paperwork and I then received by post in England my access code for the website. I paid the €10 for the doofer on my English credit card. My first facture appeared by e mail and the wedge was taken from my French account bang on time - facile!
ski holidays
Thanks but I was hoping to get sorted over in the uk before we come over.....
ski holidays
Phew. This thread reminded me of a change of card for us. But i have logged in and cannot make head nor tail of the below. Please help.

What is the IBAN? This is to long for my credit card number
What is: Domiciliation bancaire
What is BIC?

Thank you for your help.
latest report
Jerby, if you have a bank account, you have an IBAN number. Look at your statement. the other details are also part of your bank details (domiciliation is presumably where it is, e.g. France, Mali).

It sounds as though they don't take credit cards, or you have clicked into a screen for paying from a bank account.
ski holidays
Jerby, IBAN is your international bank account number.
Domicillation Bancaire is your bank address
BIC is a code to identify which bank your account is with

You can work them out here

http://www.ibancalculator.com/

Which website are you using to get your doofer?
I think you need to phone them to add a different card to your account. THe option you are seeing will probably be for a FRench bank account and probably won't work with a UK one.
latest report
I invented doofer. Like the ego.
snow report
Hells Bells wrote:
Jerby, IBAN is your international bank account number.
Domicillation Bancaire is your bank address
BIC is a code to identify which bank your account is with

You can work them out here

http://www.ibancalculator.com/

Which website are you using to get your doofer?
I think you need to phone them to add a different card to your account. THe option you are seeing will probably be for a FRench bank account and probably won't work with a UK one.

Thanks Hells Bells.

I already have an APRR Liber-t. This thread promted me to remember we have a new card. Usually can navigate the website of APRR ok, checking my billing etc. But it seems everything resorts to what you say. A French bank account. I have my credit card registered and iam billed that way.

Thanks for the help. I guess a phone call is the way.
latest report
Jerby, I think there is an option to email them from your account, but you might not want to send card details that way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy