Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads 2013 Calendars - THEY'RE HERE!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Caddy wrote:
Just checked...the option to order isn't available just yet Sad

Between the calendar and waiting for the Autumn competition results...Snowheads Admin are slowly killing me!

Caddy, ---^^^---- I spent hours yesterday, at my office Christmas party, ignoring my boss and colleagues to first set up my ancient mobile to receive mail, hammering my download allowance opening snowheads on said piece of junk, then checking endlessly for the winning email to arrive... What a mug! But better news is that I’ve just won the Spanish lottery and some official in Nigeria has let me in on his foolproof plan... Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wayne I can imagine you had a hundred pairs of eyes burning into you at your office party yesterday. I had the rolling eyes and tutting from the parents when I went to visit this morning and immediately signed into their wi-fi and kept refreshing my email!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It looks like the calendars not going to arrive for xmas unless iam missing the order tab somewhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are due to be delivered here today, I think.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aaah, I must not forget to order! (or is it too late?)

EDIT: looks like the option is not there yet. I wonder if I can ask for delivery to St Anton instead of Belgium.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OK, just put the order box up.

Sorry for the wait - the snowHead who organised this (and a few other things) very well for us over the past few years has sort of disappeared without warning and it's a bit of a challenge to get everything done.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin, the images aren't showing up for me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Calendars have arrived and they're much better (IMO) than previous years because we pushed for a different format. Each photo, more than twice the size as before, fills a full A4 page with the month displayed on the opposite page. They cost a little more to make but I think it's worth it.

Anyone ordering today will get them before Christmas.
If you'd like us to send directly to someone else, enter their address (and any message) when you order and we'll send it by reindeer or something but obviously, you'll need to make a separate order for each different destination.

Photographers, order your freebie at the top of this topic.
Alternatively, if you also want one for someone else, order that normally and leave a comment when you order so we know to stick your copy in with it, saving you the postage cost.
We can only get 2 calendars into each envelope though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin,
Quote:

Sorry for the wait - the snowHead who organised this (and a few other things) very well for us over the past few years has sort of disappeared without warning and it's a bit of a challenge to get everything done

If you need any help just shout. wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Hells Bells, the problem is that she sort of knew what she was doing which is why it saved me time as, while I'd be quite capable of doing it myself (if I had 34 hours in a day), I'm clearly not so good at telling someone else how to do it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, understood, I have the same problem myself.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, well done.
Is there anywhere that we can see the winners?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, FWIW (and if it isn't too late and you've already done it) I don't need mine till after xmas, it's for me to use rather than a gift, so no rush on sending it out.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Freddie Paellahead, It's on the link in admin's post - the word 'ordering' takes you to it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Schuss in Boots Embarassed
ski holidays
admin wrote:

Sorry for the wait - the snowHead who organised this (and a few other things) very well for us over the past few years has sort of disappeared without warning and it's a bit of a challenge to get everything done.

admin, sorry but I can't really let this one slip by. I'm sure that most people will know exactly who you're talking about and you're being particularly unfair, seeing as you know precisely why she was unable to do the calendars this year
ski holidays
admin, calendars have arrived safely.
snow conditions
being an utter ijit, can I see what pics were chosen for the calendar ?
snow report
Here:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640

...and scroll down a bit.
snow conditions
Mrs Phorn wrote:
admin wrote:

admin, sorry but I can't really let this one slip by. I'm sure that most people will know exactly who you're talking about and you're being particularly unfair, seeing as you know precisely why she was unable to do the calendars this year

yes, but admin is actually telling the truth from his point of view,
ski holidays
altis, they seem to be out of date,
latest report
Snowdrop wrote:
Mrs Phorn wrote:
admin wrote:

yes, but admin is actually telling the truth from his point of view,

Snowdrop, nobody disappeared "without warning". I'm sure you have no idea what the problem was with the person concerned so perhaps it isn't particularly useful for you to comment
latest report
Mrs Phorn, I do, actually, " have an idea",
plus, he said " sort of"
snow conditions
Mrs Phorn, it's not my intention to disparage your friend (and mine) nor do I believe I have done so. IMV this is really not the place to discuss it so it's unfortunate that you've chosen to raise a minor issue to disproportionate prominence in a way that implies I have been dishonest because, to defend myself, would require an unseemly sharing detail that frankly is no-one else's business - and that includes you.
I harbour no ill-will in the matter and hence I was deliberately circumspect to avoid giving that impression. Thus your 'leap to defend', though touching, is a somewhat ill-informed, slightly paranoid overreaction on someone else's behalf and IMV does nothing but overlay an imaginary layer of discord where there was none to begin with.

Chill out girl!
ski holidays
Cheers admin, great calendar this year Very Happy

Can't waiy for Jan 1st to get it up wink wink ho,ho,ho Toofy Grin
latest report
admin, Hmm, can't help but agree with Mrs Phorn; you could have just said the person was unavailable. I was surprised to see you express it the way you did.
snow conditions
admin,
Quote:

it's not my intention to disparage your friend (and mine) nor do I believe I have done so
Actually you have.
latest report
Oh FFS.
Don't any of you know when to let it be?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
admin, Well that would be now then; if you don't want to be challenged then think through what you write first (and it that's you being circumspect then who knows what you;d write if you were being bold!)

I'm out
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
admin, Hmm, can't help but agree with Mrs Phorn; you could have just said the person was unavailable. I was surprised to see you express it the way you did.

Me too, knowing absolutely that what Mrs Phorn has written is bang on the money.
ski holidays
I hope I can comment from a reasonably neutral perspective. I've never bought a calendar (my loss) or travelled on a bash (my loss) but have formed the impression over the years that the lady concerned (who I first met in the spring of 2004 on what was, I believe, the first meet-up and was originally being set up via the SCGB forum until MO Day) ...

... is an outstanding individual. Quite lovely. I think she's been chartering buses for the bashes for several years, and apparently organising all that with the efficiency of a friendly airline.

Hopefully she is OK ... and the very best of luck.

Merry Christmas to all ... and please take this as a firm order for a calendar. Not sure how to execute the transaction, but it will be paid for somehow!
snow report
I can't seem to figure out how you pay for one of these calenders! I'm probably doing it wrong but when I click the pay now button it just takes me to a different page where I have to choose my address with no option to pay!? Do I need to add money to my snowheads account balance to pay?

I'm probably just being stupid but advice appreciated! Cheers!
snow conditions
Well you need to enter your address or we wont have anywhere to deliver it to.
ski holidays
Yeah I have entered my address, but I obviously need to pay! I just can't work out how to pay Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
You hit the buy now button, it takes you to the address page, fill it in, hit 'Enter' and it takes you to the payments page.
latest report
I cant understand what happened to my photo not being on the calendar?

This is the email I had. Maybe my file wasnt large enough?
Congratulations! Your photo 'Mt Blanc from Arc 2000' has been shortlisted for the 2013 snowheads calendar. However the printers would need a file that is ideally 3508 pixels x 2480 pixels, and the one on the site is much smaller and so would print at less than 72 dpi.

Is there an original of this pic you could send me that might be a larger file size?

Please send to jude@snowheads.com

all the best,

Jude

latest report
Are the calendars still available?
latest report
Yes they are.
snow report
Do you still have some calendars left?
ski holidays
Yes - quite a few.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy