Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpinresorts or SkiSet in Courchevel 1850 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

Has anyone had experience with ski hire through Alpinresorts in Courchevel 1850? Their prices are much cheaper than SkiSet:

Alpinresorts using the discount code SNOWBALL

1. Black/Gold (5*) Ski + Skiboots
2. Red/Silver (4*) Ski + Skiboots
3. Kids Champion (5*) Ski + Skiboots + Helmet

Total amount €213.69

SkiSet via SnowHeads link:

1. Pack EXCELLENCE ROSSIGNOL Experience 83 Ski + Skiboots
2. Pack PERFORMANCE ROSSIGNOL Temptation 78 W TPI² Ski + Skiboots
3. Kids Pack CHAMPION Ski + Skiboots + Helmet

Total amount 592.90 €

The difference in price is huge and I am wondering if the difference in the quality is the same.

Any advice / comments?

Thank you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
z,
I've used Alpinresorts a few times and I'll be using them again this year.
Never used SkiSet because they cost more. Never had a problem with Alpinresorts.
Mike
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike3000,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you used Alpinresorts in Courchevel 1850? It looks like people have different experience in different resorts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I pre-booked my friends in at Ski Higher. Very good on-line deal, and because it's smaller there were no queues. Extra smug bar time watching the irate queues outside Skiset.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr John,

Thank you.

With Ski Higher the order looks like:

1. Trail Blazer + boots
2. Mountain Tracker + boots
3. Kids Ski + Skiboots + Helmet

Total : 364.50 €

Would you recommend to rent ski boots separately or include them into the ski pack?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used ski higher last year and no problems at all, equipment was delivered to the chalet etc and collected so no faffing with any queues. Although there was perhaps an additional small charge for this but was sorted with the chalet company and still cheaper than ski set.

No experience with Alpinresorts so cant comment, except the price seems very reasonable.

And for what its worth when i or people in the same group have hired boots it has always been from the same rental company.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
z,
Sorry no i haven't used them in Courchevel.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
z wrote:
Hello all,

Has anyone had experience with ski hire through Alpinresorts in Courchevel 1850?

I used Alpin Resorts with Intersport in Meribel & La PLagne last year and both were great! Seemed amazing to be walking out of the shop with decent kit for 80 euro less than the guy in front of me.

Unfortunately intersport don't seem to be affiliated with Alpin Resorts this year, which is a shame..

no idea about c1850 specifically
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
z, we got the boot/ski package for one, and just skis for the other. Can't remember price details but they were both good value. We changes skis twice with no problem, because it's a smaller place they were more friendly than the big chains. I got a discount on my ski prep and they're happy to chat about conditions etc. I was pleased at the lack of "Courchevel attitide" you get at other places i.e. the whole of the rest of Courchevel.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes we used them for last seasons booking. We used the Intersport hire shop and had no trouble and were happy with the quality, the intersport shop were also happy to cater to my daughters wish to have a pink helmet........ The only issue we did have with with the idiot working in the high place in our accomodation who nicked all the ski poles not hired through them and replaced them with their own cheaper quality ones, then couldn't find them. Obviously we got a charge for not being able to return the ski poles and with the help of the Esprit manager we also got our money back for that charge. Absolutely nothing to do with Apinresorts or Intersport. though reading bertie bassett, post the fact that we booked and used them for courchevevl 1850 for last season may be no help at all.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great! Thank you so much for all your replies!

bertie bassett,
I have compared the addresses of the AlpinResorts shops in C1850 and locations seem to be the same as Intersport shops. Any chance that they are still affiliated in C1850? Puzzled

edited:
the AlpinResorts helpdesk representative has confirmed that they are still using Intersport in C1850. But the price for my package went up to 291eur. Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wot about Ski Republic - I've used them in Val and St Foy, good price and decent kit.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I;ve used Alpinresorts three times. Worked seamlessly on two of them. The one where it didn't I had left booking skis to the last minute (Thursday night for Saturday hire) and I never had any acknowledgement from them - nor would they answer any phone call/email on Friday. Therefore on Friday night I booked through somebody else, emailed Alpinresorts cancelling the contract and received a full refund (and a note telling me to call rolling eyes next time I had a problem...)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
martinm,
Sorry, we have used Ski Republic in C1850 twice and were not quite happy with our rental experience. The equipment was old and selection of ski boots was limited. I did not even get the right size the second time. We would like to try something different this time. Thank you for recommendation anyway!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
z wrote:
Great! Thank you so much for all your replies!

bertie bassett,
I have compared the addresses of the AlpinResorts shops in C1850 and locations seem to be the same as Intersport shops. Any chance that they are still affiliated in C1850? Puzzled

edited:
the AlpinResorts helpdesk representative has confirmed that they are still using Intersport in C1850. But the price for my package went up to 291eur. Sad

Well it confused the hell out of me, but I think z has it right - as I've done the same check in Meribel and Peisey-Vallandry and it does seem so be the interport stores - albeit now labelled on 'Alpin-resorts' as 'Location Rent'

how confusiing...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy